• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 Lineup of boats - The real info will be posted at 7 PM EST on Saturday August 22nd

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I was enjoying the beautiful blue waters of Bimini.
@Bruce, ah OK. I am still holding out hope that @Julian has seen a 28' Yamaha in all it's glory and can't spill the beans to you or the rest of the Admins who weren't there. My wife won't get a boat with a prop and we really need something that is bigger than 24' and has a real head & small berth for my young kids to nap in. I know its a pipe dream, but I also don't think I am the only one on the board who feels this way. With all of the space savings of the low profile engines, Yamaha could fit a lot of boat into a 28' length. It would also increase wake-making abilities due to the weight and improve the off-shore capabilities that I think a lot of people have discussed. I am afraid that if Yamaha doesn't go bigger, someone else in the jet boat segment will....

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian: It is my information that the "approximate" location of the meeting was not any secret.
I asked several dealers about this item (location) this a.m. and they agreed.
The meeting was supposed to be in the Bahamas this year, but due to items above Yamaha's control the location's construction was not "completed"
in time for Yamaha. Thus the Dealer Meeting was moved to Amelia Island, FL.

I do agree that the dealers do not "speak" for Yamaha, but I asked several owners this morning did they consider this information ("Amelia Island, FL") to be any sort of closely-guarded secret and I was told no.

Just my 2 cents worth, keeping it real.
Best Wishes to all, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'd be first in line for a 28'er with a Carolina flare.

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
SATURDAY!! SATURDAY!!! SATURDAY!!!!! IS THE BIG DAY!!!! AMELIA ISLAND IS THE PLACE TO BE!!!!
Maybe someone in the area can fly a drone overhead and live stream the unveiling for us.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
To preserve my marriage and my savings account of decided to try and avoid seeing what the new boats look like this year. I just have to keep telling myself that I don't want or need to upgrade my current boat until I believe it. It's tough but looking at the Msrp on the new boat makes it a lot easier.

There has been some speculation on new features / models but no leaked/spy pics. The only changes I'd be willing to bet on occurring are to the prices, they are going up. Think about this. In 2010 the Msrp on a 242 ls was $49k, last year it was $63k, what's next?

A drone wouldn't do the job in my opinion as you'd have to risk the drone to get the shot and you'd have to fly in close to get detailed shots. Send someone with a dslr and a telephoto lense instead.

dnicholas47

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not to take the thread too off course, but what do you think the unveiling will do to the 2015 leftover prices? How much should you expect a 2015 to be discounted?

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not to take the thread too off course, but what do you think the unveiling will do to the 2015 leftover prices? How much should you expect a 2015 to be discounted?
All depends on what is unveiled. If it is the same boat with a different color/graphics than I don't think the leftover prices fall dramatically. If it is a redesign or other major improvement the prices of the leftovers will drop considerably unless the new model has a huge price increase. We saw many people debate going with a leftover 2014 24' vs. 2015 24' boat at a cost savings of about $8k. Even then, most people recommended buying the 2015 because the upgrades were considerable.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
In the world of Yamaha we can expect Bold New Graphics (BNG) for any of the models that were just released like the 24' boats that were recently revised. BNG doesn't usually hurt the previous model years too much if the new 2016 models are available by order only. Of course there is always the New Old Stock discount once they hit the showroom.

When a new model is released like the 2015 replacing the 2014 242, then there is some discount to be had. Then it's just a matter of what the market will bear. For many, they loved the new features of the new 242, but like the color combos of the previous years. Release of a 24' wake model like a 242x may upset a couple markets. 212X and 240's may get a hit as many want the bigger boat with those capabilities stock.

Who knows. But BNG is the baine over on the Yamaha Snowmobile side. I have had two Yamaha Apex models over the 10 years they have been produced. And to the average users, all they see is BNG from year to year.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I love reading all the ideas, lol
it's also fun reading posts from those I know are in the know and I do believe I know.
I wanted to comment so bad on these but it's fairly easy to figure out imo.
Teaser: more than bold new graphics.
question is, why not last year? Why wait till people upgraded already?

They very well have stolen from their own sales on the 2016's!

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There's a really great reason why Yamaha wanted to release their new boats in the salty waters of the Bahamas and instead moved to the salty waters of Amelia Island when their original resort was not ready for them.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There's a really great reason why Yamaha wanted to release their new boats in the salty waters of the Bahamas and instead moved to the salty waters of Amelia Island when their original resort was not ready for them.
Yeah... The reason was so all of the Yamaha team and dealers could have a kick ass time in the Bahamas!!!

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
The product premier has it's own site, and is open for anyone to see. Showing the location and the schedule.

DoubleThrust

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Salt location = 24 FSH?

smthng

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Reveal is Saturday night... A part of me says the boat might need gas at the marina there on Sunday. ;)

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Reveal is Saturday night... A part of me says the boat might need gas at the marina there on Sunday. ;)
You will be quite knowledgable about the boats before Sunday morning.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length