• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 Lineup of boats - The real info will be posted at 7 PM EST on Saturday August 22nd

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Where are you guys "hearing" this from? I mean, I've seen a few mentions by a few people on here but without knowing A) who they are and B) what their source is, I just chalk it up as speculation or rumor mill. I'm just curious where these "leaks" are coming from and why beat around the bush if they know more info. Spill the beans... inquiring minds wanna know! :D
I understand your concern but there comes a time when you have to just take it for what it is. I do not want to disclose my sources out of respect that the leaked info may tick off Mother Yamaha but rest assured that it comes from folks who are involved in the development of the actual new systems and when in conversation with them you have to read between the lines as they are excited for everyone to see what they have done so the info is being laid out quite heavily.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I understand. That's all I wanted/needed to know ;). Remember, I'm fairly new here so I don't know you guys much from say Jack down the street. I don't know the connections some members may have with Mother Yamaha and nobody wants to get anyone in trouble. I work in engineering in the fire protection industry so I'm very much aware of how disclosures and NDA's work heh. I just don't know who has connections and is giving credible hints versus some guy trolling for the lulz.

Last edited:

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pocket cruiser with tower mounted rail gun, auto-replenishing beer fridge, 278 mpg... that's what I'm hearing.
As always, it will be fun to learn the real scoop when the time comes.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Knowing what the upcoming 212X or its replacement will be was almost enough for me to hold off buying mine however looking at the price jump for the 2015 240 series over the 2014 model years with the technology that was added I decided not to wait as I fully anticipate the 212 series to jump by at least 10K with what is coming....

ar240owner

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am excited to see the new boats. Unfortunately, if those kinds of price jump numbers play out in reality, Yamaha is really starting to push the limits of their brand perception. That's not to say that I don't love my boat, but the value it represents is a big part of why I bought it in the first place and why I love it. Had it cost 15 - 20K more, I'd be quite a bit more picky about some of the details that are just obviously "value oriented" - plastic through-hull fittings, thin fiberglass, soft gelcoat, unfinished underseat storage areas, seats without hinges, etc.

A 60K version of a 212X would be pretty hard for me to swallow unless the attention to detail, build quality and "niceties" are upped pretty significantly. I was recently quoted a price of $67K for a nicely outfitted 2015 Cobalt 220 and saw a listed price of $61K for a Chaparral 226 ssi with a full suite of options. I can go on the Chap website and build a 223 VR with ballast, nice stereo, GPS cruise, 400 - 500 hp, etc., for mid-high 50s. Last weekend I spent some time crawling around/drooling on a new Bryant Calandra. Yes, the list price on that boat is much higher than any current Yamaha, but unlike Yamaha, there is generally quite a bit of room for negotiation baked into the "list" prices of other brands. Frankly, and I mean no disrespect, the overall apparent build quality and attention to detail is in an entirely different league on that boat than what I've seen on any Yamaha. Hopefully Yamaha works the details to match the competition in the market in which they price themselves.

ACRDSPORT14

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
PWC
As high as the prices are for new yamaha's. I see some dealership's saying "last yamaha left til next year" Seems like they are almost sold out every year.

I do agree if I was in the market for a top of line yamaha vs. a new Wakeboard boat, there are so many, For an extra 10-15k I might have to sway that way. The payment isn't much more if you finance it. which most do.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am excited to see the new boats. Unfortunately, if those kinds of price jump numbers play out in reality, Yamaha is really starting to push the limits of their brand perception. That's not to say that I don't love my boat, but the value it represents is a big part of why I bought it in the first place and why I love it. Had it cost 15 - 20K more, I'd be quite a bit more picky about some of the details that are just obviously "value oriented" - plastic through-hull fittings, thin fiberglass, soft gelcoat, unfinished underseat storage areas, seats without hinges, etc.

A 60K version of a 212X would be pretty hard for me to swallow unless the attention to detail, build quality and "niceties" are upped pretty significantly. I was recently quoted a price of $67K for a nicely outfitted 2015 Cobalt 220 and saw a listed price of $61K for a Chaparral 226 ssi with a full suite of options. I can go on the Chap website and build a 223 VR with ballast, nice stereo, GPS cruise, 400 - 500 hp, etc., for mid-high 50s. Last weekend I spent some time crawling around/drooling on a new Bryant Calandra. Yes, the list price on that boat is much higher than any current Yamaha, but unlike Yamaha, there is generally quite a bit of room for negotiation baked into the "list" prices of other brands. Frankly, and I mean no disrespect, the overall apparent build quality and attention to detail is in an entirely different league on that boat than what I've seen on any Yamaha. Hopefully Yamaha works the details to match the competition in the market in which they price themselves.
I am 100% in agreement. To me, Yamaha has an excellent value proposition. If the prices escalate much higher, I would look at a Bryant, Cobalt, Formula, etc.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I heard the "E" in 242X E Series means Electric. Totally silent dedicated wake boat. 10 hours of runtime on lithium sulphur batteries.
I can assure you ...... The "E" in the "E" series of boats stands for "ELECTRONIC."

I am now crawling back into my hole. Good night to all.
Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@B_Mutter mentioned it's in Florida this year from this thread https://jetboaters.net/threads/when-do-the-2016-models-start.6168/#post-106229. I don't know if he has some source or not so TIFWIW. I'm anxious to see what colors come out this year. Hopefully they don't do anything based off the survey that came out last month lol.
The Yamaha Jet Boat dealer meeting is in Amelia Island, GA for 2015.
Period.
Sadly for some dealers, Yamaha's "G3" boat dealer meeting is being held on the same dates. <???>

Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@OrangeTJ
I couldn't agree with you more. After quite a few upgrades (mostly stereo) - my 212x cost me just shy of $60k, and I'm still not done - I still wanna do the faux teak and cup holder LED's. At the time - I was quoted $63k for a fully loaded Bryant 233x or for a Cobalt 220 - but the boss chose the Yamaha mostly because of the huge bow and lack of props. :mad:

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I agree with what you guys are saying however as the Yamaha prices increase each year so do the others. I bought mine because the price jump is coming, the new tech is coming and I do believe the quality is improving even more. My 2015 has all compartments painted or carpeted, even behind the driver console. As far as thin fiberglass, I have yet to see any thin spots or cheap construction. Typically when people see thick glass while to the unknowing it may seem like it is more but usually it is less due to the process. Thick glass is usually a chopped hull, not a hand laid hull. The yamahas are laid mat and vacuum set which is about the most efficient and strongest means of fiberglass done today. I am curious as to where and what you are seeing to say they have inferior gelcoat and the thin hull as I would like to check mine out..

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Go push on the sides of your hull. Unless they have changed something, it's pretty flimsy.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Go push on the sides of your hull. Unless they have changed something, it's pretty flimsy.
Yep. That was something I found alarming while polishing her up 1 day.
Then I went and pushed on the side of my buddies Crownline - big difference.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am getting my boat back from the dealer this morning and I will take another look. Most boats I have ever owned all had some give in the sides of the hull, excessive strength and being able to flex on the side is not an issue at all. Go push on the side of a 40' race boat like Circus Circus and then let me know how storng they need to be (that boat in particular would deflect almost 12" with about 60 pounds pushing in). Flex adds in durability while minimizing cracks on the chines where strength is needed. The strongest part of any planing boat is always the chines to the keel where all of the abuse is subjected. Our 40' sportfish we used to have, the hull would flex as much as 4" to 6" on the sides, it was not fun to watch at first but after being in countless seas, some 20' and she always kept us safe, a proper laid hull with reinforcement where it is impotant is a good hull, it is not a quality issue. I have waxed my boat already and did not notice anything extreme or beyond expectations I should say when comparing to my past boats, Sea Pro, Well Craft, Shamrock, Morgan etc and these where all off shore designed boats except the Sea Pro, it was a flats boat. Now keep in mind I can only compare to my boat, I have not pushed on the hull of earlier years so I cannot comment on them.

As a side note, it also will depend on a boat where you are pushing, for example if you push where an internal bulkhead is attached you will get little to no deflection at that point so try pushing in severl locations down the length. You might find some interesting results.

Last edited:

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Gosh, I feel like I farted in an elevator and then stepped out! In any case, I wasn't trying to say that our boats a poor quality. Just that they are not at the same level of absolute build quality and fit/finish of the higher end boats that they will start to nudge up against in price if there are substantial price jumps. On my own boat, while the bottoms and sides of the underseat storage compartments are carpeted, they're just unfinished fiberglass under that carpet. On higher end boats, the linings of these compartments are fully finished & gel coated. On my boat, if I stick my head into the underseat compartments and look up past where the carpet ends, outside light is visible through the fiberglass. To be clear, I'm not talking about holes in the glass, just that it is thin enough that it is translucent. On my boat, many of the thru-hull fittings are plastic. They work just fine, but I'd wager that plastic is more susceptible to UV deterioration over the long run than stainless steel would be.

I like my boat and I think it is built just fine for the price. All I'm saying is that if the price is going to experience a major, rather than incremental, increase, then I hope Yamaha applies a corresponding level of fit/finish, etc..

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I don't think anyone took it as a bash, you are just stating your experience. Now I agree, if the price jumps, yes I would expect certain things like bronze through hull fitting, specially below the waterline (one of my planned upgrades as I do not trust plastic below, however above the water line, if it fails it is not an item that would cause loss of the boat so I do get that aspect. I am certain they are pumping in more materials because I have been all over my boat installing things and addressing items and have not seen any transparent fiberglass etc. so I would say they are def improving with each year. For example, they advertise the 2015 240 series to have new sound reduction technology like a new motor to pump coupler, new motor mounts etc and on the 2015 212 series that get the 1.8 vs the MR1 they got those upgrades less the extra sound dampening. I am sure some early boats produced got the 1.8 without the upgrades till that stock was depleted but the new ones callout those same part numbers in the manuals now on the 1.8. If I remember the 210 series hulls changed in 2013 so I am certain this hulls will be different, better more advanced than the prior year, that is progress by itself in that aspect. Even at a 10K price hike to become a 60K boat there is still a big gap to say a Nautique or Master Craft id you want absolute best fit and finish, even if the yamaha 21' at 60K is still 40K less than a comparable 21' Nautique....

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I pretty much agree on all points. The comparison to MasterCraft and Nautique list pricing is obviously going to show a dramatic difference. Of course, they negotiate like crazy on those boats, so the list price is pretty misleading. They'll still cost a lot more, even after negotiation. For example, a good friend of mine recently went down the path of working for a deal on a 2015 Malibu 23 LSV. List price was $107K and the dealer's best offer was $76K. I don't know...maybe I'm beating a dead horse. A 21 foot Bryant will list out right in that same $60K range and those things seem to be put together every bit as nicely as any MC, Malibu or Cobalt I've ever been on. Of course, they're also I/O, which is not something many of the guys who like Yamahas want.

No matter, I'm excited to see what Yamaha comes out with in 2016!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
2016's are said to have bow thruster jets! I can't wait.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I don't think anyone took it as a bash, you are just stating your experience ........... Even at a 10K price hike to become a 60K boat there is still a big gap to say a Nautique or Master Craft id you want absolute best fit and finish, even if the yamaha 21' at 60K is still 40K less than a comparable 21' Nautique....
VERY well written and stated.
Nicely done, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA