• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 Lineup of boats - The real info will be posted at 7 PM EST on Saturday August 22nd

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Then they will use the Connex Joystick for low speed maneuvering and docking. ;)
But even better all boats will be GPS equipped with autopilot. Simply "drop a pin" on the map when you start in the morning and when you are ready to call it a day, your boat will automatically bring you back to where you started and dock the boat for you while you sit back and enjoy another brewski.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
But even better all boats will be GPS equipped with autopilot. Simply "drop a pin" on the map when you start in the morning and when you are ready to call it a day, your boat will automatically bring you back to where you started and dock the boat for you while you sit back and enjoy another brewski.
I also heard that they come with automatic ice makers as well!! :D

Ziess21

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I also heard that they come with automatic ice makers as well!! :D
Now this is just getting ridiculous, the ice makers will not be AUTOMATIC, they'll be manual :)

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Right. You will need to push a button for the ice maker to dump the ice onto that conveyor belt that circumnavigates the boat. Of course, you push a different button for it to deliver beer or snacks. After all, it is not automatic.

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Now this is just getting ridiculous, the ice makers will not be AUTOMATIC, they'll be manual :)
Faucet not required. Dip the ice tray right into the lake.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well after a lengthy chat with my dealer today he seems to think there is a 28' - 30' tripple engine in the works, not for this year but he heard they were experimenting on paper who knows... maybe the cruiser is in our future....

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I would love to see a cuddly cabin boat in the next few years.

If the price does increase dramatically and tips into the Bryant, Cobalt or Crownline level then it would be really hard for me to consider a Yamaha. The Crownline E4 is a really nice boat that I like a lot! Part of the attraction for me with Yamaha is the amount of bang you get for you buck, not to mention the propless aspect. But if we're talking 70-80k for a 24' boat then that is in a very thick market and I don't think Yamaha would sell them as fast.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I dont think yamaha will close that gap much more than what the tech going into them will cost. You have to remember there is a much larger market that buy these boats because of the bang for the buck over many others out there, they would not alienate their core crowd. I think with the Chapparal and so forth being new competition, we will see an increase but I think we will see more of that famous Yamaha innovation we are all fond of.

Last edited:

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
BTW I got my baby back today and took to the lake, you know to try it out. Anyway the plugs I think fixed the vibration I was noticing because it was runnign silky smooth, my top end rpms are now much closer together and damn I missed that boat while it was at the dealer. He warranteed the plugs (great service!) and a few other items. I did push on the hull and it is very solid for what I am used to, minimal flex in the few places I pushed in. Now for the bad, we stopped at another marina to get frosty beverages and the dock hand had the boat then let go allowing the stern to swing onto the corner of a Lund aluminum bass boat. I was a bit pissed to say the least but after looking at the damage it is mainly in the decal. I looked them up and they are sold by the section so I had a sigh of relief that I will replace that panel. Either way, I was on the lake, so it was a great Friday!

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Glad you got your boat back and it's running like a top but I hate it got some boat rash. Thankfully it's only cosmetic!

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome back to the water @Englewoodcowboy !

And, see, this is why I have kids. To make me get used to my stuff having scratches and cracks. Then I can reserve my anger for when I put a hole clean through my boat with a drill. But that is another story....

Now, then, remind us please who gave the great service? Not that I will run out to VA to get service, but we should make sure people can find good service venues!

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well after a lengthy chat with my dealer today he seems to think there is a 28' - 30' tripple engine in the works, not for this year but he heard they were experimenting on paper who knows... maybe the cruiser is in our future....
Rant: This is my dream but I have also heard this kicked around the forums for years. I haven't been on this or other jet boat forums since we sold our 2006 ar210 a couple years ago. Now we are thinking of getting back into boating but with little kids we really could use some sort of sleeping space like you find on the new "mega-bow riders" as they are calling them. If Yamaha could do something similar or even a cuddly/cruiser with the space savings gained with the low profile engines I would be first in line. My wife and I just can't escape the idea of the propless, extremely low maintenance, and reliable platform that Yamaha has put together. But if another one of the jet boat players in the market were to do something first, I would have to look strongly in that direction. This is my BIG hint for Yamaha. End Rant.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@tdonoughue The service was performed at Boone Lake Marina. They have created a member profile and I am trying to get them more involved on this forum. They are a really great group, not like the big places, home town atmosphere etc. I think that is what I like best about them, they care.

Last edited:

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You can't compare a Yamaha to a Nautique or a MasterCraft - not even in the same playing field. Not even the same style boat.
I've said this for a long time - and for all you guys that have heard me say this before, I apologize - Yamaha's ARE NOT value priced boats. I still don't know how some consider them as such. A 190 will cost u the same as a Bryant 198. A Cobalt 200 will cost just a wee bit more. (At least that's the prices around me). Value priced boats are the Bayliners and the Tahoes.
I cove out with a variety of boats every single weekend. We have Chapparels, Montereys, Malibus, MC's, Bryant's, and Cobalts and a Scout CC. They each offer a different pro and con - none better than the other. But mine cost just as much as theirs -more than some - not as much as the MC or Malibu.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That said - I love my boat - my familia loves the boat - everyone loves our boat.
We chose it, not for its price, but for everything it offered - my wife absolutely loves the huge bow and the no outdrive.
Couldn't be happier.

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just to add to the rumor mill... heard there will be two, yes 2 changes this year.

Last edited:

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't see where people say the Yamaha boats are not value priced. I priced out every brand I could find up here including the bayliners, sea ray, Chaperel and stingrays and the closest boats were at least $10k more when you added all the features that are standard with my 24' AR. When I added touch screens, tables, tower a Bimini and everything else it wasn't even close.

Mrbruin2k

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wife went out last night and one of the ladies there had these on her FB page. Seems she did a shoot for the new boats last month. Nothing much I could get from the pics. Looks like a small boat

Attachments

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Wife went out last night and one of the ladies there had these on her FB page. Seems she did a shoot for the new boats last month. Nothing much I could get from the pics. Looks like a small boat
That's an AR190 with the new 24' style tower.