• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 Lineup of boats - The real info will be posted at 7 PM EST on Saturday August 22nd

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The SUSPENSE builds !!!!!!!!!!!! ......................................

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is that the sound from the media room in the cuddy cabin in the 2016?

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Is that the sound from the media room in the cuddy cabin in the 2016?
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

That's the sound from the Tri-Engine Walk-In engine room of the new 26-foot Wake Boat.

Model 262 E-i-E-i-O

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ah, right. Had it been from the media room, it would have been in all caps...

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
But it doesn't show a 192.......

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
That would make a big jump from the 190's to the 210's. Of course, it might be that the supercharged engine had different enough operational aspects that they had to be submitted for approval separately. Maybe.

Last edited:

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
image.jpg
image.jpg

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The 192 is a different engine family due to the super charger. It would have to be on its own application. Looking back through the applications, the 192 is not listed at all which maybe due to it being a 3 star engine and being a very small market share it might be in an allowed status just like Yamaha can do to still produce the super jet with its 2 stroke since they produce so many others that are compliant etc. Either way I am sure there is an interesting explanation for it.

Last edited:

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice boat but..... it's a 21' not 24. Price out a 24' Bryant. Also 250 hp, upgrade it to 360 hp or close to it, add their touchscreen bow filler cushions and you're well over 75K. I tried it.
I did a lot of homework before I bought the calandra was in the running but to load it like 242ls it was almost 80000 at the boat show. 24yamahas are a value boat for now but they r getting closer to the other brands every year

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did a lot of homework before I bought the calandra was in the running but to load it like 242ls it was almost 80000 at the boat show. 24yamahas are a value boat for now but they r getting closer to the other brands every year
I agree 100% with this statement.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Does it bother anyone else that the Calandra doesn't have a curved windshield?

Also not all Yamaha hoats are really value boats. They cease to be that when you need to tout a 15 year loan with low interest to pay it off.

That said, you have your benefits of a jet which are undeniabley different from an IO. I came from an IO and I would never go back ever.

I won't go into details as this topic has been beat up so many times. I will say the only drive type I'm getting after this will be V Drives. :)

B_Mutter

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
The sheet that keeps getting posted is a list of the boats with the 1.8L base engines. The sheet is for California and those are the only motors that can be catalyst motors. The 210 series and the 192 cannot and therefor are not able to be sold in Cali. That sheet has nothing to do with models being dropped from the lineup but does show some of what is in store for 2016. Aug 22nd is right around the corner!!

zedxmike

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Ill be at the show. Ill post pics as soon as I get them. I asked the Yamaha rep about what to expect. He's not saying anything.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is amazing that they can keep this stuff locked down. Salespeople like to talk and hype things up. Hard to believe that some pics and solid info isn't floating around the Internet posted by an anonymous source.

smashedheadcat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Does it bother anyone else that the Calandra doesn't have a curved windshield?

Also not all Yamaha hoats are really value boats. They cease to be that when you need to tout a 15 year loan with low interest to pay it off.

:)
I definitely am not a big fan of the windshield, but it isn't terrible. There are many things I don't like about the calandra, but many things I do.

In saying the Yamaha is a value boat, I believe most of them are, but the 242 limited S is not (my opinion). It is a very nice boat.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Regarding the Calandra, the windshield is definitely unique with some really liking it and others not. IMO, Bryant is on par with Cobalt from a cost perspective. These are hand built boats and the fit and finish of both the interior and exterior are far superior to that of even a 2015 242LS. If you have seen both boats, I don't think this can be argued. That said, the Calandra costs more (especially if you get a tower and purchase a more powerful engine package). While I love the Calandra, there are still many benefits that the Yamaha has over it beyond just a better price point. Some of those are ease/low cost of maintenance and no prop.....popular reasons people on this forum purchase these boats. I think value is the other one. From my perspective, value does not mean cheap, it simply means that you get the most for your money. Dollar for dollar and feature for feature, I think Yamaha ownership is excellent. The value of this forum alone means less maintenance costs and more time at the lake.