• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 Lineup of boats - The real info will be posted at 7 PM EST on Saturday August 22nd

Morrowcat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@njmr2fan ....appearantly it's not a private lake but a lake guarded like area 51 with a self sustained cloaking device? I think this is how they're staying ahead of the competition?

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We're all excited to see what will be coming up on the used market!

rkgdmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Nucem140 yes sir. The voltage display on the screen only shows the house battery voltage not the starting battery. Have you noticed the 2 voltages are always almost identical? Check your batteries with a meter then check the screen. I have tested this as well as other people here. I ran my radio almost all day and then checked it. The displayed voltages were almost the same but when I checked the batteries the starting battery was almost 2 full volts higher than the house battery. Yamaha knows the display is only showing the house battery but said they have no plans on fixing it. There is a whole thread on this
OMG......This has been driving me crazy!!! I was thinking there was something wrong with the DVSR and that the batteries were being paralleled. @subcritical71 could you give me the link to that thread? Thanks.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Scarab has released their 2016's!! Lots of competition on the plate!
25 footer with dual 250hp engines with options for enclosed head with window and sink, ballast system, full sunpad, tower speakers, digital speed control, and underwater lights. You're right, Scarab came to play!

That being said, I still can't get past the lack of cleanout ports. With the Ohio River and Lake Cumberland both at record highs earlier this year and tons of debris floating around, I would have been completely dead in the water several times after sucking up small pieces of debris.

Here is a link to their website, the link Murf posted was a PDF, I was trying to click on it for 5 minutes before I figured out it wasn't the actual website!

Freezer41

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
that new tower on the wake package looks nice! Still not a fan of the versa-lounge, but I'm impressed of the look of the 255 Wake. Looking forward to what Yamaha has in store. Local dealer has 1 2015 242LS left. I know I will want a 2016, but if it takes getting a killer deal on a 2015 to get the wife on board, I'm ok with that.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow. That's some way to step up. Scarab was a lux brand for many years, maybe these new investors really do have a plan to resurrect their former glory. Beautiful lineup they have.

DBamaC

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
that new tower on the wake package looks nice! Still not a fan of the versa-lounge, but I'm impressed of the look of the 255 Wake. Looking forward to what Yamaha has in store. Local dealer has 1 2015 242LS left. I know I will want a 2016, but if it takes getting a killer deal on a 2015 to get the wife on board, I'm ok with that.
I agree on the versa-lounge...to me it looks like it would be a real problem to keep clean and I'll need to see it in the field for a bit longer because those hinges look kind of fragile. No complaints on the looks though. When I was shopping I came across a 195 HO Impulse with something like 20 hours on it that was really beautiful, but I couldn't find a dealer close enough for me to feel comfortable. This lineup expansion makes me think dealer expansion is just around the corner.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The rear versa lounge seats was a reason I stayed away from scarab. I like the fact I can have people in the back of the boat and sitting on the stern at the same time without having to share a backrest.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Small piece of advice:

1) Take 2 (TWO) boat rides.
2) Your Bride MUST be on both rides.
3) One of the rides MUST be on a 2015 or 2016 24-foot Yamaha. Any model. You must "gas it up and go" for at least 15 minutes per ride.
4) The other boat can be ANY model by any other mftr of your choice.

After both rides, I got $ 5000.00 riding on which boat y'all buy.
There is no doubt.
SHE will make the decision for you.
Take my word for it.

Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Small piece of advice:

1) Take 2 (TWO) boat rides.
2) Your Bride MUST be on both rides.
3) One of the rides MUST be on a 2015 or 2016 24-foot Yamaha. Any model. You must "gas it up and go" for at least 15 minutes per ride.
4) The other boat can be ANY model by any other mftr of your choice.

After both rides, I got $ 5000.00 riding on which boat y'all buy.
There is no doubt.
SHE will make the decision for you.
Take my word for it.

Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
Right, lets work this out…..current Scarab at $X minus $5000 from @MikeyL = A good discount ;):D.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They sure are pretty on the outside but don't forget the 2 ugly things hiding in the engine compartment.

Morrowcat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@Britboater ....from the sound of it Mikey will defend his yamaha down to a knife fight...he loves that thing!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Right, lets work this out…..current Scarab at $X minus $5000 from @MikeyL = A good discount ;):D.
I can pony up more if needed .............. LOL !
For the "right" brand ............ LOL !
Remember ........... "SHE" hasta make the decision.
This is a sure thing.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mikey, Where were you when I was looking for a boat????? Sheesh.....

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length