• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2016 Lineup of boats - The real info will be posted at 7 PM EST on Saturday August 22nd

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is amazing that they can keep this stuff locked down. Salespeople like to talk and hype things up. Hard to believe that some pics and solid info isn't floating around the Internet posted by an anonymous source.
Exactly what I was thinking. Where's this boat being tested? What does yamaha have some indoor lake somewhere? A huge water treadmill? Where are the interns who will write and ultimately make errors on the advertising copy? No one's taking selfies next to the new 26' purpose built ski boat? I can't believe that. NO WAY!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Exactly what I was thinking. Where's this boat being tested? What does yamaha have some indoor lake somewhere? A huge water treadmill? Where are the interns who will write and ultimately make errors on the advertising copy? No one's taking selfies next to the new 26' purpose built ski boat? I can't believe that. NO WAY!
Most all of Yamaha's promotional videos are shot on the far less populous Lake Oconee, GA.

Testing is done in Tenn, near the plant.

Yamaha was on Lake Oconee 2 weeks ago with some of the hot new 2016 boats.

We'll all know details shortly.

Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Let the rumor mill ruin wild.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@MikeyL
You sir, are not holding up your sworn duties to this forum! Where are the pictures of this alleged test on your home lake??? You're killing us Mikey!!!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
1) You are right.
2) But 3 weeks ain't so far away.
3) Gives us all time to dream. And dream big.

Joey Martinez

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
pretty sure we got in trouble last time we released stuff to soon :angelic:

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think it's time for one of those countdown clock thingys on the home page!

(How AM I going to get the new 28' boat onto our newly built lift...?

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So Mauro ........... You finally were able to get a lift installed ?

Time for photos, Son !~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fraserjr

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
1) You are right.
2) But 3 weeks ain't so far away.
3) Gives us all time to dream. And dream big.
I am hoping that this is some sort of subtle hint. :thumbsup:

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In trouble? Trouble for what? There are spy photos of cars all the time. If I lived on lake Oconee (A public lake) I'd have my camera tripod mounted shooting on the longest lens I have. I'd be shooting a company driving on a public waterway. And then i would be selling my photos to every boating magazine. Unless of course Yamaha wanted 'to give me a free boat to keep my mouth shut.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
In trouble? Trouble for what? There are spy photos of cars all the time. If I lived on lake Oconee (A public lake) I'd have my camera tripod mounted shooting on the longest lens I have. I'd be shooting a company driving on a public waterway. And then i would be selling my photos to every boating magazine. Unless of course Yamaha wanted 'to give me a free boat to keep my mouth shut.
Last year a vendor that Yamaha was using to build the 2015 web info inadvertently posted the information on an active web server instead of an offline server a couple of weeks before the info was to be released. Some people found the website and posted a link and photos of the new 2016 19' center console here. Yamaha politely asked the admin of this forum to remove the info until Yamaha makes their public release, which the admin agreed too. Better to go along with mother Yamaha than fight her.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They love us? They love our money. They have done nothing for me especially the whole incorrect battery voltage display that I was told they aren't fixing. Kinda pisses me off.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They love us? They love our money. They have done nothing for me especially the whole incorrect battery voltage display that I was told they aren't fixing. Kinda pisses me off.
I'm sorry that you have an issue they won't take care of. That does suck.

Us = the forum

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No not just me but anyone with a 24' 2015. It's a design problem with the connext system.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
ROW BOAT 8.jpg

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Nucem140 yes sir. The voltage display on the screen only shows the house battery voltage not the starting battery. Have you noticed the 2 voltages are always almost identical? Check your batteries with a meter then check the screen. I have tested this as well as other people here. I ran my radio almost all day and then checked it. The displayed voltages were almost the same but when I checked the batteries the starting battery was almost 2 full volts higher than the house battery. Yamaha knows the display is only showing the house battery but said they have no plans on fixing it. There is a whole thread on this

Morrowcat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Any chance these birdies know if the new 212 might have a foward swept tower??