• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 AR 195 buying help needed

vetplus40

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks for staying with me on this...:)
According to the site, it is still for sale. I will try to get by and look at it next week on my way back to East Tn. Decided to stay in KY a few extra days. I never did get any info back on actual hours. I'm still trying to digest burning 330 gallons of fuel in one season. I have not burned that much fuel in 3 seasons. Then again, my 3.0 Merc does pretty good on fuel consumption.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thanks for staying with me on this...:)
According to the site, it is still for sale. I will try to get by and look at it next week on my way back to East Tn. Decided to stay in KY a few extra days. I never did get any info back on actual hours. I'm still trying to digest burning 330 gallons of fuel in one season. I have not burned that much fuel in 3 seasons. Then again, my 3.0 Merc does pretty good on fuel consumption.
My best guess based on my hours and fuel usage would be 80. My range guess is 80 to 100.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I have read that the 195's are pretty thirsty machines, my SX190 has 148 hrs on her and I the fuel consumed shows 546 gallons...Good luck with the search let us know what you find out in Nashville, I would imagine with the sales staff appearing not to be very familiar with the Yamaha if may sit there a bit longer.:winkingthumbsup"

vetplus40

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I will try and see if I can memorize the sequence with the buttons to pull up the run hour info. The young salesman had no clue. My biggest worry (even though the boat looks real good in the photographs) is that it had the "peewadden" run out of it for one season before being traded in.

I also seem to remember reading that the 195 likes premium fuel as well....:)

Last edited:

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I'm thinking like @SCP1 80 hrs or so with the fuel consumption. If you need I'm sure someone on the boards here has a 2017 190/192/195 PDF file, (I posted my 2013 manaual for you, probably not much has changed) you could download to your phone, that way when you get to the dealership you can go through all the checks, there is a diagnostic menu also that has LCD checks, gauge check and a diagnostic to check for any codes being thrown by the boat.

Last edited:

vetplus40

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thank you. The folks here are fantastic!

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I will try and see if I can memorize the sequence with the buttons to pull up the run hour info. The young salesman had no clue. My biggest worry (even though the boat looks real good in the photographs) is that it had the "peewadden" run out of it for one season before being traded in.

I also seem to remember reading that the 195 likes premium fuel as well....:)
91 Octane is the minimum. However I don’t consider this as a factor as with my prior 190 I ran 91 anyways as is my area 91 or higher is the only gas you can find ethanol free. As far as how hard it was ran I wouldn’t worry too much.

vetplus40

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I run the same in my Waverunner. It has a 160 hp motor that absolutely sucks fuel like you wouldn't believe.

vetplus40

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
UPDATE: The boat sold before I could arrange to see it. I do appreciate the help though. Thanks...…:)

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
No sweat...it just wasn't meant to be...she's out there just waiting for you to find her :cool:

Mxracerzero

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am the one who purchased the 195. It had about 72 hours on it. We already had it out for a few hours today.

vetplus40

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am the one who purchased the 195. It had about 72 hours on it. We already had it out for a few hours today.
It is a sharp boat. I hope that you enjoy it....:)
Used to do a little MX'ing myself.:)

vetplus40

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I called about the boat. The owner removed the bench seat and installed a regular seat instead. Essentially turning it from an AR to an SX.

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I guess it depends on your wants/needs but quite a few folks do the same thing after using the boat for awhile. Wouldn't stop me if I wanted an AR from looking and checking it out...but I do think the guy is probably going to be pretty tight on his price, sounds like the ole impulse buy/buyers remorse syndrome.

Mxracerzero

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am actually looking into doing the same swap.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Are you dead set on a 195? I know where a nicely equipped 192 is and it's not far from Nashville :D....

FLBulldogger

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Are you dead set on a 195? I know where a nicely equipped 192 is and it's not far from Nashville :D....
Do you "personally" know the owner??;) What are you looking at moving to @haknslash, curious minds want to know...Actually I think @vetplus40 lives closer to Chattanoga (if my memory serves me) which is about half way to Alabaster...

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Do you "personally" know the owner??;) What are you looking at moving to @haknslash, curious minds want to know...Actually I think @vetplus40 lives closer to Chattanoga (if my memory serves me) which is about half way to Alabaster...
Yes I know him and the boat very well :D. I will more than likely be moving to a dedicated wake boat. I just cleaned the hell out of the boat top to bottom, inside and out. Shot some video for the sale ad going over the boat real good with the GoPro. I plan to make a for sale post soon.