• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Bimini June trip (June 24th - June 30th)

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My family prefer to fly over too. My youngest daughter has some medical issues that she can't stay in too crowded spaces. Let's work on the charter flights. Thanks
Will do if you have 3 I have 2 and @justason has at least 2 we have seven already so if we pick up another two confirmed I will go ahead and book it and work out payment details with you guys as we go.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I wonder if my wife would prefer thr shuttle boat? I would prefer having her with me for communication and navigation so i can just concentrate on driving but there is a peace of mind aspect too. That and she worries about me more than i worry about me since the stroke. Probably with good reason!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

jayasaki138

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautic Star
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Will do if you have 3 I have 2 and @justason has at least 2 we have seven already so if we pick up another two confirmed I will go ahead and book it and work out payment details with you guys as we go.
My wife just found out the Silver Airways flights on every Friday and Sunday in June. If the charter flight doesn't work out my wife and kids can fly on Sunday 6/24 and either come back on Friday or Sunday 7/1.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wonder if my wife would prefer thr shuttle boat? I would prefer having her with me for communication and navigation so i can just concentrate on driving but there is a peace of mind aspect too. That and she worries about me more than i worry about me since the stroke. Probably with good reason!
Having no immediate family members on the boat while your bow is pointing 70-80 degrees towards heaven is very comforting. Regardless of 5 foot waves, lighting, rain, 500 ml water bottle missiles flying around, $300 headphone departing my head, my upper lip hitting the steering, 6+ inches of saltwater in the cockpit and stbd engine cutting off twice, my greatest concern was that @txav8r will smack me around for trashing his new boat. Knowing that my kids were playing at the Bahia Mar pool; it made it very easy for me to focus on the task of surviving the crossing. Had my kids been on the boat I would have turned around 100%. Had it been only for my wife it was more like a 50-50.
You know what is really funny, is that I did not realise how bad this was until we arrived at Bimini Sands and I started seeing people all bruised up. It is even crossed my mind to call protective services on @LOZBum.

I am fairly positive that if you ask, someone ( who can manage the boat) will volunteer to ride with you just in case.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My wife just found out the Silver Airways flights on every Friday and Sunday in June. If the charter flight doesn't work out my wife and kids can fly on Sunday 6/24 and either come back on Friday or Sunday 7/1.
It's no big deal to me either way so if you decide to fly them on Silver just let me know. I have been planing to do the charter flight for a couple months just out of convenience so I pretty sure no matter what I'm going to book it even if it cost more by me having to purchase more of the seats. I'm pretty sure if I have extra seats on the flight I have some other friends and family that will jump on free flight to the Bahamas lol. The thought of my crew only having to show up 30 minutes before the flight and have someone throw their bags on a plane and them just jump on and go just seems like it will make a better start to my vacation then me having to listen about how much of a disaster Ft Lauderdale airport is for two days after they arrive.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As an alternative perspective getting luggage from the airport to Bimini Sands is way more trouble than unloading it from the boat.

I like having my family with me. They are helpful on the crossing .

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

jayasaki138

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautic Star
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's no big deal to me either way so if you decide to fly them on Silver just let me know. I have been planing to do the charter flight for a couple months just out of convenience so I pretty sure no matter what I'm going to book it even if it cost more by me having to purchase more of the seats. I'm pretty sure if I have extra seats on the flight I have some other friends and family that will jump on free flight to the Bahamas lol. The thought of my crew only having to show up 30 minutes before the flight and have someone throw their bags on a plane and them just jump on and go just seems like it will make a better start to my vacation then me having to listen about how much of a disaster Ft Lauderdale airport is for two days after they arrive.
Love your charter flight idea. we are 100% for it. keep us in the loop. Thx.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
The company is FRS Caribbean. Last time I looked it was $209 round trip including taxes and fees. Biggest issues for me were it left out of Miami so I would have to either bring a second car down or rent a car or pay the hefty taxi fee to get them down there. For the extra $80 it was well worth it in my mind to fly them out of Ft Lauderdale exec and get to pick my departure times and dates and they have a 30 minute flight instead of a two hour ferry ride. I think the ferry is a cool concept if someone just wanted to experience the crossing.

Isnt there a plan on having to park at the airport anyways ?

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm very confident I'll be snagging a third ticket.....if it comes up 1 shy or 1 over I can work the solution with ya

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Isnt there a plan on having to park at the airport anyways ?
I just plan on them grabbing a shuttle from the hotel or a cab its not far away at all. The third ticket is yours I'm sure I can find someone with one person to fly over if not I may send my daughter with them as well.

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Hoping for another jetskier to be traveling with me this trip, keep your fingers crossed guys!