• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Bimini June trip (June 24th - June 30th)

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thwre is an article in the news saying rhe passport fee is going up soon... in the article my wife said the passport card isnt accepted in the bahamas... it may have been talking about air travel but still..

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thwre is an article in the news saying rhe passport fee is going up soon... in the article my wife said the passport card isnt accepted in the bahamas... it may have been talking about air travel but still..
I convinced my adult supervision to get full passports. There were good points made about the possibility of needing a flight home for any of a number of reasons.

All totaled, our expense for passports is closing in on $1000

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think this was the video from the incident.

MAN!!! That was BAD!! They hit so hard, they time travelled back to a river in 2012!!! HOLEEE SHIT!

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I convinced my adult supervision to get full passports. There were good points made about the possibility of needing a flight home for any of a number of reasons.

All totaled, our expense for passports is closing in on $1000
I paid 700 for 5!! It hurt!

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Somehow, I don't believe you. Could be that they're in a river, or could be that video is old
Some of those waves felt like that. There were a few waves that sent our boat straight up at 90° And all you hear is twin motor rev limiters

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Side note: I'm thinking about getting a set of consumer radios for family communication in Bimini. Anybody have an input? Looking at Motorola MT352R's. Pair of 'em for 95 bucks. Or I can get another handheld, but I like the idea of some chance of private conversations.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
MAN!!! That was BAD!! They hit so hard, they time travelled back to a river in 2012!!! HOLEEE SHIT!
Crap I just spit my drink out laughing

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sub’d. We’re planning on the July trip but the posts in this thread are funnier :D:D:D

vanmurray

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Make sure you go with an upgraded marine antenna for your XM. The one that comes with the basic receiver is garbage and there's no good place to mount it. We went with something like this and it works great (the exact one we have is discontinued I believe) A little pricey but good reception and a clean install.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0015Z0QG2/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1517592432&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=sirius+antenna+marine&dpPl=1&dpID=41Qu1B0rbiL&ref=plSrch View attachment 68326
I thought the radio module went on the starboard side. Looks like you have antenna on port side. How’d you wire the antenna?

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Just cause you can buy a boat dont mean you should. Bad things happen when your trying to show off

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I thought the radio module went on the starboard side. Looks like you have antenna on port side. How’d you wire the antenna?
The connext just controls it from the captains chair but the actual head unit for the radio (at least on mine) is in the rear storage compartments with the batteries so we ran the wire down the port side of the boat to the rear. I think we have the same boat so it should be the same for you.

vanmurray

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The connext just controls it from the captains chair but the actual head unit for the radio (at least on mine) is in the rear storage compartments with the batteries so we ran the wire down the port side of the boat to the rear. I think we have the same boat so it should be the same for you.
Thanks. You are right. Any reason you chose to mount forward vs aft? Not powered right? I’m trying to plan best locations since I’m also adding vhf antenna. I’m thinking I’ll do what you did for Xm antenna and wireless vhf handset with vhf head unit in enclosed storage with 4’ flush mount forward of windshield. Not sure which side yet.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

This has been around. But I never noticed the Gaffrig-style throttle levers until now!
@gmtech16450yz Better be careful with those new throttles, John.

--

Last edited:

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks. You are right. Any reason you chose to mount forward vs aft? Not powered right? I’m trying to plan best locations since I’m also adding vhf antenna. I’m thinking I’ll do what you did for Xm antenna and wireless vhf handset with vhf head unit in enclosed storage with 4’ flush mount forward of windshield. Not sure which side yet.
It felt like the best place where the bimini wouldn't block reception and it would be out of the way.

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Last edited: