• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Bimini June trip (June 24th - June 30th)

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
x
As you head to the Sapona you will see a mooring ball on the West side of Turtle Rocks. If you tie to that mooring ball and snorkel to the island heading South East you will find beautiful coral and fish. Several boats can tie up either in a chain or rafted to the mooring ball.
Tight to turtle rocks? There is a moring ball that looks like a lobster bouy at 3 sisters But its a decent distance away(south) of the rocks

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
x

Tight to turtle rocks? There is a moring ball that looks like a lobster bouy at 3 sisters But its a decent distance away(south) of the rocks
It is perhaps 100 yards West of Turtle Rocks.

These are approximate coordinates
Lat: 25.662915
Lon: -79.308028

I believe the two points below to be in the vicinity of the mooring ball. The first time we spotted it a university research ship was moored with a class in the water.

Keep an eye out for really cool small blue fish with yellow polka dots. I believe they may be from the @swatski family.

F0A11EFA-2D8A-4740-A27D-B744FFB9531A.png

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We're having an awesome time despite all of those concerns.

What's your condo # @ThatJeepGuy ?? It will be good to know.
13D
It's clear the owners have never stayed here. It's too bad because The room we stayed in for 2016 and 2017 , 17P, was so nice.

At $400 a night I'd expect a hot shower....

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Each condo is furnished by its owner. Some are frequently used by the owners and well maintained. Others are less loved and some have never been sold.

I have mostly been happy with the condos I have stayed in but there was one bad one.

Bimini Sand’s business is up significantly from past years. Despite current hurdles I believe that the situation will start to improve again.

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bimini Sand’s business is up significantly from past years. Despite current hurdles I believe that the situation will start to improve again.
I wish this was true. Sadly I'm afraid without a complete overhaul there won't be any improvements anytime soon. We plan to make the absolute best time we can. A few have never been and are loving it. With the amazing water and the friendliness of the locals we're loving it. We're not here for the room, it's only a place to sleep...

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wife told me we might invest in a condo there if she likes the trip next summer :)

Girlfriend

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
PWC
Thanks for the thoughts. The logistics, and risk are definitely some huge considerations. I had considered making it an "adults only" trip for us and another couple. Fly/ferry the ladies over and let me and a buddy take the risks. I suspect my wife would be much like yours and I much like you. Time of the life for me, literally scared for her life and afraid to say anything for her. We'll see how it goes on future planning. There are some honest and hard conversations to be had there I think.

I really do appreciate the inputs from all. If we get serious about making the journey you better believe my question list will expand in a hurry!

Best wishes to all that are there now. Safe travels and safe return voyage! If I was a praying man I'd say a few for you all.
You could just opt to ride over on a couple of jet ski’s....now that’s exhilarating!

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
I know our unit is privately owned, it is in awesome condition, the owners obviously care about their investment. The ac works beautifully, to the point I had to look for a comforter because I was freezing and I am sleeping in the loft on an air mattress
The only negative is that there is absolutely no water pressure.
By the time the shampoo is actually rinsed out of my hair, the water is cold.
Some of the staff acts like it was a bother that we arrived, but there are a few that are extremely nice
Teresa who is on the restaurant was super sweet and there is a guy at the fuel dock, I believe his name is Fred, he has been here the last few times I came, and he is really really awesome.....even with my over the top friendliness and politeness I couldn’t get a few to even crack a smile......

dragonfire6

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does anyone know if you/the group could do a bonfire on a beach in Bimini? Is it allowed?

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This trip several members have had issues... Perhaps this is why the management is changing. However if any one has 5h on the July trip.. Its perfect. We have had zero issues. . (Except water pressure).. New fridge.. New dishwasher... Comfy beds... Ac will run u outta the building... Fast WiFi.. The only minor issue is the porch sliding door is hard to open and close.. But everything else is nice!

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
@Bruce
We looked for grills at the pool
And while there are a few, they are behind the building and obviously out of commission.....:banghead:not that you can do anything about that but some people may have the idea that that is how they will be preparing some meals and they will be disappointed

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Bruce
We looked for grills at the pool
And while there are a few, they are behind the building and obviously out of commission.....:banghead:not that you can do anything about that but some people may have the idea that that is how they will be preparing some meals and they will be disappointed
They were grillin on pool deck last night. And there are 3 beachside at building 3

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If anyone is staying in 2A the only thing Working here is the A/C. I won’t go into all the details. I haven’t seen a bug truck run once since we arrived. Granted they haven’t really been an issue yet either. Resort has definitely taking a turn for the worse since 2015. Seems like lots of things are in disrepair

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We are still planning for a get together at honeymoon harbor at noon.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does anyone know if you/the group could do a bonfire on a beach in Bimini? Is it allowed?
The biggest problem with a beach bonfire is the lack of wood. Last year the home owners association hosted a bonfire for our group. They used pallets for the fuel. So it can happen. I suspect that a bonfire would be more fun during cooler parts of the year.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Some of the staff acts like it was a bother that we arrived, but there are a few that are extremely nice
Teresa who is on the restaurant was super sweet and there is a guy at the fuel dock, I believe his name is Fred, he has been here the last few times I came, and he is really really awesome.....even with my over the top friendliness and politeness I couldn’t get a few to even crack a smile......
A week or two ago the new management “KW Managment” held a job fair at Bimini Sands. That resulted in a huge loss of moral and many staff left for other jobs. All of the maintenance staff left. Those still working at Bimini Sands feel uncertain if they will have jobs next week.

Teresa rents the restaurant building so she is safe and happy to have customers. The fuel dock and marina operations are outside of KW’s control so no change for those guys either.

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
So what happened to customs and immigration Sunday?
I was looked at like I had 2 heads when I asked what time they would be at the sands....
Not a big deal for me, I ran over to Big Game and finessed my way into the office before they were open but I am curious what excuse they had for not coming to the Sands

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
and th
So what happened to customs and immigration Sunday?
I was looked at like I had 2 heads when I asked what time they would be at the sands....
Not a big deal for me, I ran over to Big Game and finessed my way into the office before they were open but I am curious what excuse they had for not coming to the Sands
and the money we collected for them...

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
and th

and the money we collected for them...
@Andy S and i split the cash to pay the guy at start/finish... and have it in hand. We started to chat about it but didnt finish. I have a list of who gave what