• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Bimini June trip (June 24th - June 30th)

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
thank you @Bruce , I've been chatting with @bronze_10 on this as well. Am I seeing this right....4 cables are running about $500 ? the prices dont seem to be scaling between teh sites. Amazon reflects them (in image) as a pair for $1115, partzilla is $134 and reflects 2 reqd.....
I believe that if you use OEM Seastar / teleflex parts your cost will be around $250 for the cables.

Please let me know what cable you use so I can update my reference.

You might consider this mod as well https://jetboaters.net/threads/adding-bushings-to-steering-deflector-nozzle-to-increase-precision-remove-slop.11094/

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Will there be any land excursions this trip? I have 2 friends (yes, I actually have one or two of those) that are coming with me and I think they would really love the Dolphin House ect.........
anyone planning on renting golf carts and heading into town?
We may as well.

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Surely you have the experience to lead such an expedition? And you know where to find the best drinks!
lol, that little drink shack was a fluke, I know where to find the conch slop when the squid is not available for feeding the stingrays and I know how to get to Three Daughters......I was reliant on you Bruce to see the other sights last year...... @tim h & @Amar Nanduri didn't go last year, so Im not sure who to bug this trip ;)

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Will there be any land excursions this trip? I have 2 friends (yes, I actually have one or two of those) that are coming with me and I think they would really love the Dolphin House ect.........
My crew plans a day of land exploring. I will wait until we are there and pick the day with the worst weather, actually I hope each days weather is great, then we will probably pick Wed or Thurs for the land exploring.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was told by the boss that we had to do at least one day on land in North Bimini as well since we really have not done it yet. I have some guys I know that are crossing this Friday and another crossing on Sunday. Their groups are returning 5/4 and 5/5 I just messaged them a bit ago to see if they can send me their tracking links I will post them up for those of us day dreamers who like to follow.

Jose Ugalde

Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobia
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hello everybody, my name is José and my wife’s is Lina, we are from Naples FL and we are thinking about doing the trip, we have seen all the YouTube videos and it looks like an amazing experience . We only have 3 years of boating experience and my wife is a little nervous about crossing the stream but excited about the trip at the same time. We would love to learn from your experience when you were in our position, it will be great if you can share them with us, we are really looking forward to meet everybody and make this amazing trip in 2 months.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Looks like the CBP ROAM app is live. Just made my account looks like it might be an option for some who dont have svrs.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think we would be in for some land excursions, too

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like the CBP ROAM app is live. Just made my account looks like it might be an option for some who dont have svrs.
I down loaded it a month ago but then the only options they were giving was for return ports were Miami and the only country you could be entering from was Canada. Do they now have Ft Lauderdale and the Bahamas as options on there?

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I down loaded it a month ago but then the only options they were giving was for return ports were Miami and the only country you could be entering from was Canada. Do they now have Ft Lauderdale and the Bahamas as options on there?
I used the app a couple of days ago when i came back from Mexico, not sure how much time it saved but it was easy to use.

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

I can’t personally verify but have read people are successfully returning from Bahamas with it. Not sure what port there returning to in the USA. ActiveCaptain forum.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I can’t personally verify but have read people are successfully returning from Bahamas with it. Not sure what port there returning to in the USA. ActiveCaptain forum.
Port Everglades is one of the port options for the app.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
And what is this app doing? Checking you in to customs? I confuzzed(rookie)

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
And what is this app doing? Checking you in to customs? I confuzzed(rookie)
I can't speak of coming in by boat ave going through customs but flying back into the States the app asked the standard re-entry questions plus in Atlanta they had a separate customs line for app users which was shorter than the regular customs line, probably saved me 5 to 10 minutes but the regular line was short.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good to hear now just figure out if there is a separate line at customs in ft lauderdale for app users or if you do not have to go to customs if you use the app. When I down loaded it it said it was the pilot version so I’m guessing they have now fully released it I will have to go back and check it out.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Does the CBP Roam app allow checking in multiple crew at the same time or do you need another app or to complete the process again for each crew member?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@robert843, clearing customs is typically fast. It is the hours of waiting for the phone portion when so many of us arrive at the same time that is such a problem.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Does the CBP Roam app allow checking in multiple crew at the same time or do you need another app or to complete the process again for each crew member?
I just downloaded it, signed up and set it up. You enter each crew member once and can check any or all of them in on any trip at any time, now or in the future. Once someone is entered, unless you delete them, they stay in your system. It's actually kinda cool if it works the way it seems it oughta. You can even do a video chat with the CBP officer if they decide it's necessary and they ring you instead of you having to try to get in touch with them.

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Yep that’s the way I read it too!

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

looks like you can check in your whole crew at once