• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Bimini June trip (June 24th - June 30th)

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
crew one is in and heading to the docks at Crandon Park took just under 3 hours not bad at all

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Both groups have made it back.

Looks like the forecast was inaccurate again but in the opposite direction of what we are used to.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I did hear from one of the guys on the crossing and they said it was really bad. This guy has been to Bimini each of the last 4 years and said this was his worst crossing by a long shot and would probably never attempt it in that kind of forecast again. I don't have the full details yet but it sounds like several skis were rolled during the crossing but they were quickly able to recover. I unsure of wave heights but the guy I talked to referred to it as walls of water in the stream and that it was tough to try and keep track of people as when you were in the trough you lost site of everyone during the worst parts of it. There should be some video floating around soon if I see it I will post it up.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sounds like a rough ride. But it was expected with the forecast. I understand the need to come back, but if it is too dangerous you just shouldn't cross.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like a rough ride. But it was expected with the forecast. I understand the need to come back, but if it is too dangerous you just shouldn't cross.
I agree. He said that once out in the stream most of the waves were over their heads height.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I agree. He said that once out in the stream most of the waves were over their heads height.
That is nuts. I wouldn't even think of crossing in that, even with my minivan. I've been in 7'+ waves with her (very short stretch, due to significant depth change) and it scared the bejesus out of me. I wouldn't even consider leaving port with today's forecast, let alone try to cross.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ran into a guy called Randall today at my marina, actually he stopped by my slip as I was working on it - and told me he has heard of me going to Bimini and recognized my boat from last year Bimini trip - he was there with a jet ski!
Crazy.
I encouraged him to reach out, he at least knows of Bruce and Robert.

He told me he was the only one last year to have crossed on a ski with no cruise, and it took 7 hours...! The guy is nuts! Love it.

Anyway, hope he will surface up here, he wants to go again this year with a bigger ski in July.

--

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been out on a ski in that kind of water. Tons of fun if you do it intentionally and you're out to play. Sucks big time if you're on a schedule and need to get somewhere. Lol

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Me and @tim h got a little head start on the Bimini rum this year.
20180506_003423.jpg

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looks like the CBP ROAM app is live. Just made my account looks like it might be an option for some who dont have svrs.
This is awesome @DieselCamel have you done this thru to the callback? Does each person going need to do this in order to complete the callback ?

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Prepping the family for Bimini by watching "A Perfect Storm" I think they used some of @Betik 's footage to make the movie a little more dramatic

Attachments

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is awesome @DieselCamel have you done this thru to the callback? Does each person going need to do this in order to complete the callback ?

I have not done this. But my understanding is one person in the group does it. Everyone info is put into the app under your group.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have not done this. But my understanding is one person in the group does it. Everyone info is put into the app under your group.
Thats how i read it as well. I downloaded it too and already have all the required information entered.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Betik, what are your plans for Bimini? I thought I saw something you posted in the July thread about having to bail out, but I wasn't sure if that was just your family not coming, or you werent going and I also wasn't sure if it was just July, or both trips were a no-go? I'm hoping you were still going at least for June.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Iit is a long story, but in August 2018 we started building a house and we are supposed to close June/July of 2018. Furthermore, in August of 2018, every time I would hear the work Bimini I would spontaneously soil my pans. It also turns out that we have to go to lake Powell in the summer and have to make a 2 week trip to Greece. So naturally my family backed out of Bimini with the promise for a 2 week trip in 2019. I, on the other hand, told my wife that I need some extra crossing experience. @Amar Nanduri & @Water Girl took pity on me and allowed the Trojan Horse to ride with them in June and July respectively. I will be flying back to Florida the very next day of the crossings, nevertheless I will be making both of them.

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
that's just silly @Betik, you should at least stay a day or two to recover from the crossing and socialize by the pool.....:devilhorns:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
that's just silly @Betik, you should at least stay a day or two to recover from the crossing and socialize by the pool.....:devilhorns:
I can make this even sillier..... my dad will be waiting for me at the airport so we can drive straight back to Texas. I need to be back at work on Wednesday.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I can make this even sillier..... my dad will be waiting for me at the airport so we can drive straight back to Texas. I need to be back at work on Wednesday.
Give your dad a bottle of Ouzo and some Cuban cigars to stay home, and fly back to Texas from Bimini on Wednesday.... :winkingthumbsup"