• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 212X

31BVeteran

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Welp, pulled the trigger on the 212x. New to jet boats. I have had experience driving and boating, but never as the owner. As I prepare for delivery Saturday, besides a coast guard package (life vest, safety kit, flares, throwable preserver), & 2 anchors, what else would be an immediate necessity?

Looking for good cleaning products, lines and other important items you’ve come to use on your boat and your experience! Thank you in advance!

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on your purchase! It should be a fun summer.

A few basics come to mind
  • Plan to change out the crappy bow roller on your trailer immediately. Search "stoltz roller" here on the forum
  • A paddle
  • Basic tool kit
  • A knife
  • Portable or permanent marine radio
  • Boat bling hot sauce
  • & lots of toys
  • Gas money
  • Have fun

Last edited:

31BVeteran

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Congrats on your purchase! Or should be a fun summer.

A few basics come to mind
  • Plan to change out the crappy bow roller on your trailer immediately. Search "stoltz roller" here on the forum
  • A paddle
  • Basic tool kit
  • A knife
  • Portable or permanent marine radio
  • Boat bling hot sauce
  • & lots of toys
  • Gas money
  • Have fun
Boat bling hot sauce? Is that for the vinyl or the gel coat!?
What basic tool kit would you recommend? Anything specific to boating?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boat bling hot sauce? Is that for the vinyl or the gel coat!?
What basic tool kit would you recommend? Anything specific to boating?
The hot sauce is for the gel coat. They have a product called vinyl sauce for the interior. Just spray on and towel it off as your whiping down the boat at the end of the day. It's good maintenance but doesn't replace your seasonal wash and wax.

As for the tool kit. Just the typical mechanic set, wrenches, pliers, screw drivers, duct tape and/or flex tape, zip ties, assorted hose clamps. A good serrated knife with a wrist strap will help if you ever suck up a rope.

A bail bucket might also be a required item.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I actually bought this kit to start. It had all the basics and the bag is great.
prod_20041620012.jpeg

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Everything J-Rad said.
Hot sauce is good, so is Ducky
I keep a shammy in the boat and wipe it down when I pull it out of the water. That will help reduce waterspots.
Also, I found Norwex works great on keeping the chrome and windshield spotless. (the window rags)
Fenders (bumpers) don't forget those.
There's a lot to remember, and I can't think right now, so I'll revisit this later.

Shaun82

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm working with dealer now on 212x 19 model. Inventing seems short should I be paying msrp (65k).!

Tmstrouse

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sent you a PM

Ratket

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
In the 4 states surrounding me, all the boats are listed for msrp, and the dealers don’t seem to budge on that number, so try convincing them to throw stuff in on the sale.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
In the 4 states surrounding me, all the boats are listed for msrp, and the dealers don’t seem to budge on that number, so try convincing them to throw stuff in on the sale.
Your best bet it to get the cover thrown in for free (that's $900 I believe) and some smaller stuff. They're not gonna throw in the wake package but chances are they'll throw in stuff they have in house.

Shaun82

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I was going to buy the boat at a great price [61 otd) but decided against it at last minute. What state you in, maybe dude will give you same price. Feel kinda bad for backing out. Boat is brand new got the blue tower looks sick as hell

Attachments

Tmstrouse

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I bought a 2019 212X on May 31st. Paid $61548 + tax for a total of $63484. That included a premium mooring cover, boating starter kit, anchor, fire ext, and the wakesurf package.

The $61K OTD price is a great deal if that is truly OTD.

4957BF5F-5977-429E-BF01-341230A1133E.jpeg

geohil

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Things we found we needed for our X:
-Steering fins - of some sort. Don't let the pages and pages of bickering fool you, they are all great.
-Boat Buckles - makes trailering easier.
-VeeVee guides - makes trailering easier
-Keel guard - you may not need this, but we beach our boat.
-Stoltz rollers and bells for the trailer.
-Hydrophase Ridesteady - cruise control. I don't have this yet and holding a speed on a jet boat is very tough.