• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 AR 195. Cranks but will not start.

Rising68

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree, the symptoms point to a leaking intercooler. The dealership called the intercooler good both times.

How do you inspect the intercooler for leaks? I'm assuming you cap off 2 of the three cooler fittings and pressurize it with air. Than watch a gauge to ensure the pressure does not drop?

Do you by chance know how the dealership inspects intercoolers for leaks?

If it's a bad crack could I remove the hose from the intercooler to the throttle body and watch to see if water is trickling out with it running?

This may be a dumb question. But I've been dealing with this same issue for well over 18 months.

The dealership is doing the best they can to figure it out but it sucks not having my boat for all this time.

Thanks again for your help

jdkaeser

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I would investigate the Lemon Law in your state. If the dealership is being good with you I would just tell them that you appreciate all that they have done, but you're done dealing with it. Give me a new boat or my money back as you are punishing a customer for a defective product. They and Yamaha need to figure the rest out because if this was a car that was bought as my daily driver, I'd have a new car by now! Ask for the number of their legal department so your attorney can contact them as no more contact will be done by yourself. And I'd leave the boat with them and tell them it's their's now.

Jboater82

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Question about the landyard kill switch. The switch has 2 connections coming out of it but only 1 connection coming from boat. Well at least i only see 1 connection coming from boat. So which connection do you plug it into?

Attachments

Jboater82

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If the safety lanyard is disconnected, the engine still cranks but will not provide fuel and fire up. The rear hatch switches will not allow the engine to crank over
Question about the landyard kill switch. The switch has 2 connections coming from it but only 1 connection coming from boat which connection do you connect it to?

Attachments