• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Release coming soon!

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I feel like for $80k you have a lot of options. At $35k with the AR195 it seems like a steal.
$80k???? That pushes me over to the Cobalt dealer. Or a budget wake boat such as Moomba or Supreme. Shit - I saw a left over demo very nicely equipped Malibu 22LSV this summer selling for $85k. Hmmmm!

Last edited:

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was going to say the same, I was looking at the surf line because that is what we were talking about and even the smallest starts way over $100k :(
You have to understand only Yamaha sells at MSRP. When I bought my Cobalt without much work I paid 80% of MSRP and had it built to my specs.

This is were Yamaha marketing is making sales. When comparing MSRP's Yamaha's look great but 90% boats aren't sold at MSRP.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Can either of those make the Bimini run?
Can an AR240 and Yamaha do it without trying to kill you? :p:p

Technically speaking the Raptor engine IS closed cooling but no way I would ever take one of those beautiful boats to get beat the hell out of and all the metal to get messed up in salt not to mention ballast pumps. Ugh no thanks! Too nice of a boat for that. I'd buy a Cobalt R5 Surf and do it though no problem :D

But seriously I'll take my chances hitching a ride with someone for the ONE week vacation vs having a surf boat to ride the wave on for 7 months out of the year.

Last edited:

ptwb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For reference, I bought my 2008 SX-230HO, with 2 MR-1 engines, as a leftover in 2009. List was $39+, I paid $29 (before add-ons and extended warranty).

I put approx $5000 into the boat over 9 years including (see mod list, below) with a lot of sweat equity. I sold it late in the 2017 season for only a few thousand less than I paid originally.

Yamaha jetboats are still solid family boats, but their value proposition at $60 - $80K has eroded dramatically vs the competition over the last few years.
You nailed it. I'm almost the same scenario.

After 10 years, there's only one thing they've done that I wish I could have, the electronic throttle. I hate the way our engines are hard to throttle up smoothly. A lot of things they've done I think are backwards steps!

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I was going to say the same, I was looking at the surf line because that is what we were talking about and even the smallest starts way over $100k :(
Website is advertising ~25% off list on certain models. Who knows what the dealers will do?

08B143FF-D74E-4BA7-85C2-0FE5FFCA965A.png

8DB772BA-0D12-47D7-934E-F01545A6D793.png

Bajd98

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You nailed it. I'm almost the same scenario.

After 10 years, there's only one thing they've done that I wish I could have, the electronic throttle. I hate the way our engines are hard to throttle up smoothly. A lot of things they've done I think are backwards steps!
Backwards how?

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
With wake boats the dealer is key. I like the Supremes as well but they just don't have the same power dealer network here. It's one of the brands I first started looking at and its a good way to get into a baby Centurion. If there is one thing I've learned from reading A LOT on the wake boat forums is that dealer will make or break even the best of boats. With the amount of tech these boats have in them things will go bad and need to be taken in to get looked at for warranty and such. They are hand built custom boats so expecting things to be perfect is not really ideal. Even the top tier Centurion, Mastercraft, Malibu all need a good dealer or you better know someone direct with the manufacturer when you need something fixed. Just make sure your Supreme dealer is willing to go above and beyond for you. I plan to make a trip to their dealer later in the fall so we will see. They have a big girl coming from what I've heard but there new models won't be releasing until later in the fall :(. I've read the 226 may be replaced. The S211 and S238 are their highest sellers.
It's the same dealer as the Yamaha dealer. I think they sell a lot of those boats. I see a shit ton of them all over WA and it will be the boat I prob upgrade to when my kids are old enough to appreciate it.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That Cobalt CS series has great timeless lines! Good value for such nice fit and finish boat brand such as Cobalt.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I may be mistaken but those start around 100k
Agreed. We loved the Cobalts, but were sitting around 100K after negotiation. Also agree that 80K for a Yamaha is a little nuts, if surfing is your thing - there are better boats for similar, or slightly more money.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So if we are at 80k for a 242X then yea if there is a 27' boat it's going to for sure be 100k+ lol. I just don't see that many people going to line up and plop down 100k on a Yamaha jet boat. I mean sure there will be some people but looking at it from my manufacturing eyes will there be enough people to justify the new model ROI for years to come and support it? Time will tell I guess if it does get released. I just think they've pushed beyond their market vs stiffer competition.

bimmerman03

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Where will they be releasing the new models? on the Yamaha website?

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah will the site go live at 10? Or will pictures from the event start to roll out then?

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Where will they be releasing the new models? on the Yamaha website?
At the annual dealer meeting, happening in California right now. Expect a lot more detail on the 2019 lineup to come out in the next 24 hours.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So if we are at 80k for a 242X then yea if there is a 27' boat it's going to for sure be 100k+ lol. I just don't see that many people going to line up and plop down 100k on a Yamaha jet boat. I mean sure there will be some people but looking at it from my manufacturing eyes will there be enough people to justify the new model ROI for years to come and support it? Time will tell I guess if it does get released. I just think they've pushed beyond their market vs stiffer competition.
I agree they will struggle I think in the 27 ft market. Most people really shopping new in that category expect to pay $100k+ as that's the going rate to play in that category new but the expectation of the boat is different. Yamaha can't come play in the $100K market with unfinished exposed fiberglass compartments and expect people to jump on it they would really have to step their game up. That being said Yamaha has one of the best financing options in the game making their boats very easy to access and one reason they could be successful in that category is the ability to put people in that category of boat who probably shouldn't be or couldn't get there with other financing methods.

dslack67

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Other
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yamaha website just went down for maintenance. Possible update coming??

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah will the site go live at 10? Or will pictures from the event start to roll out then?
Remember the days when Yamaha used to invite members on this forum to help get the info out to their more hardcore followers and fans? Admins had it waiting ready to go and only released when it was time but we always got a lot of details and info. Good times

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I agree they will struggle I think in the 27 ft market. Most people really shopping new in that category expect to pay $100k+ as that's the going rate to play in that category new but the expectation of the boat is different. Yamaha can't come play in the $100K market with unfinished exposed fiberglass compartments and expect people to jump on it they would really have to step their game up. That being said Yamaha has one of the best financing options in the game making their boats very easy to access and one reason they could be successful in that category is the ability to put people in that category of boat who probably shouldn't be or couldn't get there with other financing methods.
Yamaha has been very strategic, very intentional, and very successful in how they have gone after - and eventually came to dominate - the 21 - 24 foot bowrider category over the last 15 years or so. If they go after the 27 foot market, I would expect a similar approach... and would not bet against them.