• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Yamaha AR210 top speed

SARVEN SIRINIAN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is the 2019 Yamaha AR210 top speed supposed to be?
Mine I can’t get mor than 40 mph with 2 people is that normal?

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A bit on the low site I believe. I think the 190s can go above 40.
I am sure the real smart people will chime in on the number and potential causes

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can get 43 on mine. When I scroll through the connext it shows a max speed reached of 45.something. I don't recall ever hitting that maybe when the dealer was breaking it in? I don't run at WOT much, but you should be getting low 40s somewhere. Are you in higher altitude?

SARVEN SIRINIAN

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No I’m not
It’s going in for 10 hr service I’ll find out more

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My top thus far was 42, but it takes forever to get up to it. I'm not about ripping around with my boat though, I prefer to run around 6500-7000 rpms which puts me in the 28-33 range.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I get 43-44 indicated (37 kts on gps) with 3 on board. And I basically count for 2 at 6’5” 275ish pounds.

Lisa Marie

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I suddenly can't get my 190sx to get past 25 mph ...any ideas of what might be causing that?

YamAR210_JB

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Lisa - have you changed your spark plugs on it?

My 2019 AR210 (RT motor) would not go over 5k rpms 2 weeks ago. Everything I found online indicated that I should change plugs (40 engine hours on them). I found the gap online to be 0.028-0.031 inches. Confirmed with the dealer.

When I pulled all the plugs are were ALL misgapped to 0.024 from the factory. Crazy!

Changing the plugs fixed my problem.

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My top thus far was 42, but it takes forever to get up to it. I'm not about ripping around with my boat though, I prefer to run around 6500-7000 rpms which puts me in the 28-33 range.
But you said……😂. This has been my experience as well. I typically cruise around 6000 rpm which puts me (depending on load) around 24-26 mph. We have never hit above 41 and yes it takes a bit and I don’t like driving over 7000 rpm’s for very long.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
But you said……😂. This has been my experience as well. I typically cruise around 6000 rpm which puts me (depending on load) around 24-26 mph. We have never hit above 41 and yes it takes a bit and I don’t like driving over 7000 rpm’s for very long.
It took me a second to realize the date! 🤣

The initial oil fill was too much, and after my first change, and filling it to half-ish between the dipstick markings, it's never been that slow again, without being loaded.

This is why I asked if you had a thread somewhere, as that wasn't the one to suss out your speed loss. This one is a great find on your part.

Other issues for you could be spark plugs (but not likely), and other things... What say you on your oil level?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also, think about that, I was hitting 42 with too much oil, you DEFINITELY should be getting more out of your engines, unless there's been some tuning change for your model year, or you generally carry way more gear than I do

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
43.5 is my max speed. 2 people, 4 batteries, full tank, very light chop. Early or Late Summer. Mid summer and humid 40-41.

Verify with GPS on phone your speed. My connect screen is off a couple MPH vs GPS speed.

I don't run full out in inland lakes, no point. In Lake St. Clair and the Great Lakes where I want/need to run WOT to cover 15-20 miles, I can't cause of the chop so it is in the mid 20's to 30 mph with Trim tabs deployed.

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also, think about that, I was hitting 42 with too much oil, you DEFINITELY should be getting more out of your engines, unless there's been some tuning change for your model year, or you generally carry way more gear than I do
I’ve only had the one oil change I did myself so far (I paid for the ten hour and vowed never to pay $400 again) and I put in exactly what I took out. It’s measuring between the two marks and the air filter is pearly white and dry. Now I need to dig in harder and get it figured out. I’ve got to change the oil this week (I hit 100 hours) so I’ll try a little less.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve only had the one oil change I did myself so far (I paid for the ten hour and vowed never to pay $400 again) and I put in exactly what I took out. It’s measuring between the two marks and the air filter is pearly white and dry. Now I need to dig in harder and get it figured out. I’ve got to change the oil this week (I hit 100 hours) so I’ll try a little less.
What are your RPM's both engines (they are usually different), elevation above sea level, humidity and water temperature? also check on a GPS on your phone.

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m all over the board with elevation but it’s usually 7500 and 7200 rpm wise at sea level. I don’t travel at max rpm as a rule it’s usually to just do a check on n how they are doing. Humidity around here is usually in the 50% range.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
7200 to 7500 is about Max RPM's at Sea Level in the summer. I get max 7600 one engine and 7450 other engine. In the cool spring or fall I have been at 7700 or a bit higher.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve only had the one oil change I did myself so far (I paid for the ten hour and vowed never to pay $400 again) and I put in exactly what I took out.
That's cheap, considering the offer by my Skipper Bud's to lighten my wallet by $700!

That phrase has never sat right with me - "put in exactly what I took out". I'm glad you checked the dipstick, as to me, if it was erroneously filled in the first place, either too full or short-filled, the identical amount could be wrong, which is why they have a dipstick. No guessing or measuring needed.

I hadn't considered checking GPS like @HangOutdoors suggested, I'll have to match it up and verify. I believe I did this in the past, as I have several scooters that I had to do this for, but it's an easy method to check, so that's a great tip and reminder.

If I'm right about my speeds, you guys might want to check and see if Yamaha left any dead bodies in the bilge during assembly - I heard Bill disappeared after break, and never showed up to work again 😉😆

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That phrase has never sat right with me - "put in exactly what I took out".
I totally agree. I have seen this statement over and over again, especially on the Facebook.... I usually fill barely to the low. About .5 qt short. Then I get it on the water. run it through no wake for a few minutes then sit for about 5 minutes in the water and in a calm area then check and then top off to about 1/4-1/3 above low.

What is interesting, is that I did an oil change on someone else's boat with him on the water. Same procedure. 4 months later, without him adding any oil, the level in the engine was measurably more than what I put in. It appeared to be about .25 or a bit more of a quart. Maybe water, maybe some fuel.

YoDaddy292

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My Ridesteady has gps and sits not far from the speedo……..the Yamaha speedo is not too far off (probably because of the decimal points…..Yamaha DOES around up though 😁).