• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 195S Build Thread WARNING PIC HEAVY

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
is this the harness you purchased? Fusion Wire Harness f/MS-RA670 MS-RA770 Stereo - Zone 1 2 (. [010-12812-01] Amazon.com
Yep that's the one my man. My boat didn't come equipped with it, but some do

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
@Hoyt - I see an eq in your electronics arrival pic? Did you install? Where? Has it been worth it? Have any pics?

BTW - replaced one of my kicker amps with WS. More push from the WS but it runs warmer.

View attachment 192566
I have the HTX-2 powering my WS Icon 8 tower speakers, it does the job!

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well boys she's made her way home. As per usual not without needing attention. My trailer jack gave up over the winter. Went to bring her home, and wouldn't jack at all. Had to go home and get a floor jack to hook her up to truck. No problem. She's home. Tractor supply here I come. Picked up a double wheel 2000lb lift jack. So as normal for me..... what I fix I show yall.

So here it starts. Start by unhooking winch hook and chain from boat tie down on bow. Then remove these 2 bolts.....19mm wrench on one side, and 19mm impact on the other (power tools save lives)....
20230504_160138.jpg

20230504_160149.jpg

Once these are out you can pull the which assembly off. Leaving you with just the base....
20230504_160559.jpg

Now break out your floor jack, and jack the boat up. Super simple there. I went back behind trailer jack at the Y in the frame. Now you can remove the winch base with jack included. Remove these 2 bolts also 19mm with same wrench and impact. Notice the pink lines on frame next to base. That tells me where to put base back on reinstall. Pink sharpie....
20230504_160916.jpg

Boom that's it. Whole arm comes right off. Take it into the garage bench and remove jack. No pictures of that, but super self explanatory there. New tractor supply jack bolts right up to stock holes. However, you will need to drill out locking pin holes to 1/2" (stock jack is 3/8"). Also super simple. Then it's just bolt new Jack on. Done. Now reinstall same way you took it off....

20230504_170413.jpg
20230504_170407.jpg

This jack is super easy to crank now (compared to my failing last year stock jack 😆), and gives way more lift as you can see from floor jack still up at stock height. Best part it has a grease fitting to lube unlike stock jack. All in all $75 and about an hour of work (bourbon may have extended that time a bit) not a bad job at all.

At least I did foam cannon wash cover and boat twice before I replaced jack. Ya know....prioritize
20230503_174217.jpg

Looking forward to finally starting our season hopefully this weekend.....

gabewhite

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Random question as I just purchased trailer guides for my 195S. I keep my boat at a marina in rack storage so I don’t have it readily available on the trailer to measure. I was curious how wide you have your guides installed. I also purchased the Same wakemaker pads. Thanks in advance!

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Random question as I just purchased trailer guides for my 195S. I keep my boat at a marina in rack storage so I don’t have it readily available on the trailer to measure. I was curious how wide you have your guides installed. I also purchased the Same wakemaker pads. Thanks in advance!
Couldn't tell ya width off top of my head. I installed with boat on trailer. I stayed 3" off widest part of boat when I installed. If I remember this weekend I'll measure and report back for ya

Jeff L24

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I recently cut 12" off the top of my guides and took this picture. It's not a measurement for the bar placement but could help you eyeball it. They are easy to reposition if needed, just loosen and wiggle.

Attachments