• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 195S Build Thread WARNING PIC HEAVY

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I don't remember what size it was I used, but I can tell you it's the biggest one at Lowes
Even I can figure that one out.

Jashworth03

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
@Hoyt you are going to cost me so much money!!!

I was dead set on just changing out the 4 speakers with new 6.5's. Did it, love it, was the right move! I Now I'm starting to get itchy about adding more!

I was thinking about maybe adding 2 8" speakers in the "middle" of the boat. One under the passenger seat bench and one on the driver side lower. Does that sound like something that would work (I'd need an additional amp, etc.)? Is mixing 8" and 6.5" possible? Will 8" give me a little more bass in lieu of adding a sub?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Hoyt you are going to cost me so much money!!!

I was dead set on just changing out the 4 speakers with new 6.5's. Did it, love it, was the right move! I Now I'm starting to get itchy about adding more!

I was thinking about maybe adding 2 8" speakers in the "middle" of the boat. One under the passenger seat bench and one on the driver side lower. Does that sound like something that would work (I'd need an additional amp, etc.)? Is mixing 8" and 6.5" possible? Will 8" give me a little more bass in lieu of adding a sub?
Not gonna give you alot more bass. If bass is what your after then do a enclosed subwoofer. You can totally mix 8s and 6.5s though no problem. You'd be better off just putting the 8s in the rear speaker locations though. However, for bass you need a dedicated subwoofer

Jashworth03

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Not gonna give you alot more bass. If bass is what your after then do a enclosed subwoofer. You can totally mix 8s and 6.5s though no problem. You'd be better off just putting the 8s in the rear speaker locations though. However, for bass you need a dedicated subwoofer
If I was going to go for quick and easy, do you think that one of the Stealth AS-10 Sub's would work well? How bout the Bazooka tubes with built in amp

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If I was going to go for quick and easy, do you think that one of the Stealth AS-10 Sub's would work well? How bout the Bazooka tubes with built in amp
Either would be a quick and easy fix, but neither will give you the boat shaking bass. For that you'll need a ported enclosure sub with plenty of power pushing it. There's plenty prefab enclosures with subs on the market to choose from though

Jashworth03

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Either would be a quick and easy fix, but neither will give you the boat shaking bass. For that you'll need a ported enclosure sub with plenty of power pushing it. There's plenty prefab enclosures with subs on the market to choose from though
I gotta measure and see if the bazooka tube would fit in the port aft storage back in the corner. If it would that could be a really good fit! Just want a little more bass. Don’t need a banger!

Jashworth03

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
@Hoyt I’m still dealing with a hiss. I have double checked the wire from the head unit to the battery (even directly running with fresh wire). I have tried new RCA cables.

I have also checked there 4ga ground wire to the amp. The only thing that is questionable is the 4ga wire into the amp. Do you have the bare wire terminated? I have the bare wire lightly twisted and inserted into the amp and tightened down…

still a hiss.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Hoyt I’m still dealing with a hiss. I have double checked the wire from the head unit to the battery (even directly running with fresh wire). I have tried new RCA cables.

I have also checked there 4ga ground wire to the amp. The only thing that is questionable is the 4ga wire into the amp. Do you have the bare wire terminated? I have the bare wire lightly twisted and inserted into the amp and tightened down…

still a hiss.
It could be the bare wire. I use amp connectors on mine. Look like this.....

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I gotta measure and see if the bazooka tube would fit in the port aft storage back in the corner. If it would that could be a really good fit! Just want a little more bass. Don’t need a banger!
A bazooka tube could do you good then. Some other guys have used the 8" or 10" versions and are pleased with it. So give it a shot and see if it's enough for ya.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

still a hiss.
I think cheap RCA cables can cause it because they dont have good insulation. And if it's coiled, try to uncoil the wire. I had the same problem with my installation

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

still a hiss.
Try grounding the head unit all the way back to the battery. Could also be bad rcas or your gains too high. How did you set your gains in the amp?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So had a short chill day on the water yesterday that ended in a major scare. Started out hitting a local cove with thunderstorms on the way. So we anchored out, and just chilled. Wife never left the boat. We actually sat for about 2 hours on the bow and talked. Radio down low just chilling. In our 3 years of owning this boat we've never chilled up there. Must say it's quite nice up there. We normally chill on the swim deck. Anyway I snapped some pics of the gloomy weather, and the cove to ourselves...
20220821_105250.jpg

20220821_105325.jpg

20220821_105355.jpg

The more and more its just the wife and I the more we realize just how much we love this boat. Just so easy to do everything. Launching, running, loading is just simple. A 25' is still in our eventually plan, but there's really no need anytime soon. Sooooooooo we'll just love the days we get with it....
20220821_105423.jpg

So we decide to leave the cove, and just do some river pimping. Stroll out at 6k rpm 30mph to just cruise the river. Rolling great when all of a sudden dead stop, and low oil pressure warning on screen. Oh shit don't wanna see that. I kill engine, and battery hoping it's an electronic short. Decide to go ahead and check engine visually..... Well that's when shit hit the fan. Engine covered in oil. Like oil everywhere.
20220821_123113.jpg

I had a quart of oil so I added that, and decided to crip walk her to the dock. Appears to only be squirting at high rpm. So on the forward clutch we go. Luckily we were only about 2 miles out, and tide was in my favor. 1 hour later(normally 5 minutes ride) we are back at the dock. No issues. Got her home, and remembered the oil filter I dented I never replaced. Well that was the problem. It wore a hole and was a squirter. Got filets and oil ordered (switching to Fram filters BTW with Jeff recommended aka Cobra Jet Steering) and cleaned up her bilge mess. Washed her and covered her. Scare over, and simple fix. Buuuutttt Damn it man that sucked. I'll update part numbers and everything for fram oil filters once they come in.

Here's the OEM yamaha oil filter part # for SVHO engines though in case anyone doesn't already know. Easily cross referenced on Fram website.
20220821_150807.jpg

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well oil filter was replaced with Fram. Must say I like it alot better then stock yamaha. Went ahead a changed oil completely seems how I hit 50 hours anyway. Super easy process, fit perfectly and is available at Auto parts store. Next oil change I'll be upgrading oil as well. I'm thinking Ams or another fully synthetic. Anyway here's she is installed ....
20220907_065437.jpg

Now cleaning all the residual oil up..... Man that sucked,but she's all clean and done now. Gave me a Reason to deep clean the whole boat. Like Marine mat removed, fuel tank cover removed, and everything else. DEEP CLEAN. Done.
Took her out for the holiday weekend all 3 days. Was a fantastic weekend. However, as per normal for me something must go wrong. So here it is.... Saturday morning while passing funeral on interstate. This happens.....
20220903_105031.jpg

20220903_105045.jpg

No huge problem as I do have spare mounted to trailer, but still sucked first thing. Must have caught a nail or something on the road. Scared the shit out the wife and daughters when it blew. Trailer got real squirrelly but no damage to anything, or anyone other then tire.
So still had a fantastic day at sand bar. Until the sound system batteries died 😢. I'll be looking into upgrading batteries, charger, and battery switches here soon. Anyway she's still a great boat, and the wife and I (normal crew) still enjoyed her Sunday with no music. We like the peace and quiet 🤣🤣.
20220827_101315.jpg

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Hoyt - I see an eq in your electronics arrival pic? Did you install? Where? Has it been worth it? Have any pics?

BTW - replaced one of my kicker amps with WS. More push from the WS but it runs warmer.

3159F933-73EA-46D7-8D2D-EAD5942AB3ED.jpeg

Jeff L24

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Here's where the sub ended up finished. It's wired to the cabin syndx6. Channels 5&6 bridged. Giving it about 500 watts at 3/4 gain. I may end up rebuilding the enclosure. I wanted it against the back wall instead of against seat. It works, and great. However, I may rebuild and move it:
View attachment 106291

View attachment 106292

Here's the video to the sound and description of sound system. True potential of course is only what you're listening device will allow, but it sounds great. As you can hear when I turn the towers up, and your behind the boat you get blasted with sound. Sub is still there, and you can hear it:

Also added heavy duty industrial velcro to my anchor cushion to keep it from potentially blowing out while trailering. Same for starboard aft cushion. The only two not hinged basically. No issues so far at 70-75 mph:

View attachment 106293

View attachment 106294
Any issues all this time with the seats coming loose driving at highway speed and no cover?

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Any issues all this time with the seats coming loose driving at highway speed and no cover?
I Velcro’s my starboard aft seat. 3 months & $520 later I have replaced it and store in the helm storage while towing.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Not at all, but you'll see in the early pages of this thread I used industrial strength velcro on seats without hinges

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Hoyt - I see an eq in your electronics arrival pic? Did you install? Where? Has it been worth it? Have any pics?

BTW - replaced one of my kicker amps with WS. More push from the WS but it runs warmer.

View attachment 192566
I ended up not using and returning the wetsounds eq. Because I wanted to retain the Fusion zone control from swim deck and phone app. The eq would have required me to use it instead

gmeyer976

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
So this is going to be my build thread for our brand new 2020 195S. I'm bad when it comes to my toys. So this could end up being a long thread.

We went with the 195S because we fell in love with the simplistic classy look. No flashy colors, or graphics. Just plain White and Gray. Swim platform Fusion head unit with wetsounds cabin speakers was a big plus. Without going into everything we loved let's just skip to the pics.

Day one at the dealership we are in love. Dealership rigged her all up and ready for us. 2 minutes on the hour meter:
View attachment 106178

Various pics of details.....

Mooring lights are nice, and actually super bright.
View attachment 106181

Simple Yamaha badge under the pissers:
View attachment 106182

The only model branding is here on tower base :
View attachment 106184

Love the matching windshield trim :
View attachment 106185

Hello gorgeous interior :
View attachment 106186

Let's take it for the dealer test ride. What ya mean I gotta break in period..... That sucks. 15 minutes at idle, and then 1.25 hours of under 5k rpm. Oh well. Let's test no wake mode then:
View attachment 106187

7" connext is really nice, and super easy to navigate though. Good time to play with all that :
View attachment 106188

Maps feature is super nice to have in dash :
View attachment 106189

The supercharged beauty :
View attachment 106190

Test ride is done. Let's hook her up and bring her home. 3 hour ride in store :
View attachment 106191

First order of business is trailer guides. Must have for us as we are used to putting on and off with lines not boat power. Super easy to do with guides. Fulton 50" guides :
View attachment 106192

View attachment 106193

View attachment 106194

Gotta add the pads though :
View attachment 106195

View attachment 106196

Next up let's fix this loose steering issue. It's not as bad as I thought it would be, but this will tighten it right up :
View attachment 106197

Great shot of yamaha lateral thrusters built in from factory with the wider v shaped bucket :
View attachment 106198

Super easy install watching Jeff's video on you tube. The AK19 Super fins are a gorgeous fit. Total of like 15 minute install. Yes these were installed before the 1.5 hour break in time 😁:
View attachment 106199

View attachment 106200

Time for our Maiden Voyage. After our .5 hour no wake zone creek ride...... Break in time is over. LET'S GO.... Hit 44 with 7 people, 3 coolers, lots of beer, and some Captain and Coke:
View attachment 106201

Quick stop for some Lunch and Orange Crushes for the crew :
View attachment 106202

She backed in beautifully with the Cobra Jet Steering :
View attachment 106203

Let's spend the rest of the day at the sandbar. Yes please :
View attachment 106204

Our main selling feature was this gorgeous swim deck, and she surely got used :
View attachment 106205

Yep..... I love this view :
View attachment 106206

Oh snap. Package came in. I like my sounds, and I like it loud :
View attachment 106207

This is the area the electronics will go. Port side Aft seat storage is now home to a bunch of electronics :
View attachment 106208

Start by adding 2 Duracell Group 31 batteries ran in parallel back aft of stock battery. Grounded to stock battery. Didn't get a Pic, but stock battery switch was replaced with perko dial battery switch :
View attachment 106209

Yamaha..... Did you really cut and crimp off the RCA leads to the fusion deck? "Yes we did. Fight me." So that was a pain in the butt. I spliced all my RCA cables in directly. FYI to anyone else that is going to add amps to this.... Fusion sells a replacement harness for your RCA (I didn't know at the time) :
View attachment 106210
is this the harness you purchased? Fusion Wire Harness f/MS-RA670 MS-RA770 Stereo - Zone 1 2 (. [010-12812-01] Amazon.com