• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 212SE Intake Hose Identification

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I've been a Ford mechanic for over 35 years, but I have no clue how the intake system works on my boat. So today I went about educating myself on the hose routing. I am hoping someone can clue me in on these red hoses. The port side looks like it is routed somewhat properly, but the starboard one is routed differently, and was seemed to be kinked somewhat, and was lying on top of the muffler/cat or whatever. I guess these hoses are not heat sensitive? Are these the hoses I need to clamp while towing? Any input appreciated. Thank you. The more I look around, the more I
I'm disgusted in the way my boat was put together.

Attachments

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Where does the hose connect in the engine compartment? On prior models the red hose designated the water intake for flushing. If the red hose connects to a Y valve in the engine bay, it might be the same. Does the other end potentially end at the flush port?

Surprised there is that much extra hose wrapped around the clean out tubes!

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Where does the hose connect in the engine compartment? On prior models the red hose designated the water intake for flushing. If the red hose connects to a Y valve in the engine bay, it might be the same. Does the other end potentially end at the flush port?

Surprised there is that much extra hose wrapped around the clean out tubes!
I think that's right! Those are the flush lines! Yeah, they must use the same hoses for a 25 footer! WTH. I haven't been able to locate the Y fitting in the engine compartment, so I was looking in the bilge to see if I can clamp it in there if need arises. Every time I find stuff like this it makes me realize the assemblers have no clue.

Last edited:

VitaminSea

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In picture #2, the line below the red tubing, in the black wire loom, that is most likely your cooling water intake. If it is, it would route to your transom, on the port side of your pump.

Just on the other side of the bulk head (engine compartment) you should see both of these hoses joining at the “Y”.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length