• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 255X Pictures

not2fast

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Someone has the video.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That came from the other thread here. It's their video shot with a phone from the computer.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
A complete redesign and you still have to use the wakebooster? At least the swim deck has plenty of room to add ballast bags.

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
255XD is here ...
Found this:

Looks like a member here. Sorry if duplicate of another post, did a brief search and didn’t see anything so thought to post

255 looking great but for how much?

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its cool but more of the same...bigger engines are nice but that fuel mileage will be terrible and only going from 47mph to 54mph. I really wish the drive system was in my 2019 but Its not a big deal. I do like the new swim deck layout. It looks much more modern and maybe even more functional. I am really interested in this automated wakebooster\surfpointe system through the touch screen. Wonder what that really is...The tower looks a little weird and bimini maybe smaller or the boat is just that much bigger than my 242x.
I can get 51mph on my 2020 AR240 completely stock. 140 more hp, extra 1.5 ft with supercharged motors, probably way higher MSRP than what my boat cost. IDK, don’t seem worth it to me.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I understand it to be a push and play wakebooster that will drop down from hull somehow.. dpesnt scarag have something built in?

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
255XD is here ...
Found this:

Looks like a member here. Sorry if duplicate of another post, did a brief search and didn’t see anything so thought to post

255 looking great but for how much?
I was told $100k today by a salesperson.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was told $100k today by a salesperson.
Wow, they must think they have something special to compete with a V-drive, if it can't they won't sell many for 100K. This thing is going to guzzle gas.

Enduro900

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Yamaha used to be a great value.....they are quickly becoming the lesser value (for their prices now there are arguably more quality choices to highly consider For around the same prices and with longer warranty’s....plus most other dealers will negotiate (in normal times anyway)....

JohnB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It must weigh quite a bit more and have a different impeller setup. 39MPH @ 6000 RPM - quite a bit faster at 6000 RPM then the current gen and even the AR195. That 21.7GPH scares me! If the video is correct on the being the best fuel economy, that's 1.8MPG! Definitely seem to be going after the wake crowd. Not that fuel economy is a deciding factor, but I hope the tank is big. All surfing at 6000 RPM could burn through a lot of fuel quick.

For reference, Boattest shows the current gen burning about 12 GPH. For best economy, the AR240 gets 2.95 MPG @ 5500/27.9 MPH and the 242X gets 3.31 MPG @ 5500/32.2 MPH (I'm hoping that's just test condition variation between these 2) on the boattest numbers.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It must weigh quite a bit more and have a different impeller setup. 39MPH @ 6000 RPM - quite a bit faster at 6000 RPM then the current gen and even the AR195. That 21.7GPH scares me! If the video is correct on the being the best fuel economy, that's 1.8MPG! Definitely seem to be going after the wake crowd. Not that fuel economy is a deciding factor, but I hope the tank is big. All surfing at 6000 RPM could burn through a lot of fuel quick.

For reference, Boattest shows the current gen burning about 12 GPH. For best economy, the AR240 gets 2.95 MPG @ 5500/27.9 MPH and the 242X gets 3.31 MPG @ 5500/32.2 MPH (I'm hoping that's just test condition variation between these 2) on the boattest numbers.
I have a hard time believing that 39mph is where it gets the best fuel economy...? Seems like an odd crushing speed. Fun, but odd. It's also a little surprising that it's suggesting the max RPM is 7400 while the N/A peak at 7800. What RPM's are you 195 guys seeing? I need to hear the full story.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I was REALLY wanting this 252X to be my next boat. I’m not feeling it. My first reactions are the Bimini is smaller than the 242X and no solar up there to charge batteries from what it looks like, and also now zipper to open bimini up, giving the 242X the nod on those 3 areas. Tower looks way cooler and more substantial on 242X. I really was hoping it would have the easy walk through the 275 series has but this new step up is just not what I wanted to see. The pass through should be just that and easy walk right into the main area of the boat. 100k? Wow they really like this boat a lot and my honest opinion they are not gonna sell tons of these just a decent amount like the 275 boats. I don’t even think I will be interested in a used one in a few years. I really wanted it to be my next boat. The seats in the rear are nice I will give them credit they did keep that close to the 275. It does not have the ugly windows from the 275. But I was also hoping for the seats in the water in the rear like the 275 and it does not have that either. I’m guessing it will be a gas guzzler as I’ve heard the 275 sucks gas like crazy from someone local who bought one I was talking to. He said he’s always filling up. I told him I very rarely have to fill up my SX210 and we are out all day every day on the weekends. I just don’t see a ton of people dropping 100k on this with that tower and the other things I talked about. I’m still gonna keep my eye out for a 242X with low hours from 2018 or 2019 in the Red and Black colors. I think that’s my next boat. I will be curious to see if there are other color schemes than this lime and black combo we saw on this video. Kinda bummed honestly as I thought as soon as I saw the first video of this new boat the family and I would be ready to rock and roll with a new boat order but none of us were feeling it enough to drop 100k. That’s a hard pill to swallow when your boats paid off and only 4 years old with low hours. We could definitely benefit from a wake boat though as my daughter is killing it wakeboarding and now even surfs behind our SX210.

DaveShip55

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was REALLY wanting this 252X to be my next boat. I’m not feeling it. My first reactions are the Bimini is smaller than the 242X and no solar up there to charge batteries from what it looks like, and also now zipper to open bimini up, giving the 242X the nod on those 3 areas. Tower looks way cooler and more substantial on 242X. I really was hoping it would have the easy walk through the 275 series has but this new step up is just not what I wanted to see. The pass through should be just that and easy walk right into the main area of the boat. 100k? Wow they really like this boat a lot and my honest opinion they are not gonna sell tons of these just a decent amount like the 275 boats. I don’t even think I will be interested in a used one in a few years. I really wanted it to be my next boat. The seats in the rear are nice I will give them credit they did keep that close to the 275. It does not have the ugly windows from the 275. But I was also hoping for the seats in the water in the rear like the 275 and it does not have that either. I’m guessing it will be a gas guzzler as I’ve heard the 275 sucks gas like crazy from someone local who bought one I was talking to. He said he’s always filling up. I told him I very rarely have to fill up my SX210 and we are out all day every day on the weekends. I just don’t see a ton of people dropping 100k on this with that tower and the other things I talked about. I’m still gonna keep my eye out for a 242X with low hours from 2018 or 2019 in the Red and Black colors. I think that’s my next boat. I will be curious to see if there are other color schemes than this lime and black combo we saw on this video. Kinda bummed honestly as I thought as soon as I saw the first video of this new boat the family and I would be ready to rock and roll with a new boat order but none of us were feeling it enough to drop 100k. That’s a hard pill to swallow when your boats paid off and only 4 years old with low hours. We could definitely benefit from a wake boat though as my daughter is killing it wakeboarding and now even surfs behind our SX210.
I feel the EXACT same!.... was really looking forward to the 252X (255X), but definitely not what I was expecting!.... wish they still made the 242X.

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I feel the EXACT same!.... was really looking forward to the 252X (255X), but definitely not what I was expecting!.... wish they still made the 242X.
Not to mention it takes Premium gas every fill up as well! Forgot to mention that in my previous post. Giving the not to the older 242X as well! I have a feeling in the next year prices will settle back on the 242X used ones and we will be able to get them for great prices again. Many of the people buying them like crazy this summer with Covid going on are going to be dumping them in the fall and winter. Just my thoughts. Now on to hoping people actually took care of them and used Salt Away to flush if boating in salt water etc.

DaveShip55

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not to mention it takes Premium gas every fill up as well! Forgot to mention that in my previous post. Giving the not to the older 242X as well! I have a feeling in the next year prices will settle back on the 242X used ones and we will be able to get them for great prices again. Many of the people buying them like crazy this summer with Covid going on are going to be dumping them in the fall and winter. Just my thoughts. Now on to hoping people actually took care of them and used Salt Away to flush if boating in salt water etc.
Yeah, not sure what I’m gonna do now.... Feel like a kid at Christmas that didn’t get what I was hoping for.... Hahahahahaha!!!!
The bigger motors don’t bother me as much, I was actually hoping and expecting that.... seeing as how I always ran premium in my old AR230, which I just sold recently..... just the whole boat is a bit disappointing, like that contraption begins the captains chair.... oh, and the Bimini ... really liked the large one on the 242X, one of the BIG selling points for me.... and for some reason that rear area seating just doesn’t do it for me... but in person that may change.... in the video they look a little out of portion... not sure what it is?....
Stinks, cuz I’m REALLY in the market for another boat, and I really want another Yamaha!... absolutely loved my old 2005 AR230HO... and I want new....
Maybe they’ll introduce a new 215X... ooooh, that would be nice!... 21’ with the SVHO’s... LoL!... but I’d rather a larger boat than my old 23 footer ....
We’ll see tomorrow.... maybe the 255X will grow on me?.... (but the $100k scares me as well!... ahhh!)

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yeah, not sure what I’m gonna do now.... Feel like a kid at Christmas that didn’t get what I was hoping for.... Hahahahahaha!!!!
The bigger motors don’t bother me as much, I was actually hoping and expecting that.... seeing as how I always ran premium in my old AR230, which I just sold recently..... just the whole boat is a bit disappointing, like that contraption begins the captains chair.... oh, and the Bimini ... really liked the large one on the 242X, one of the BIG selling points for me.... and for some reason that rear area seating just doesn’t do it for me... but in person that may change.... in the video they look a little out of portion... not sure what it is?....
Stinks, cuz I’m REALLY in the market for another boat, and I really want another Yamaha!... absolutely loved my old 2005 AR230HO... and I want new....
Maybe they’ll introduce a new 215X... ooooh, that would be nice!... 21’ with the SVHO’s... LoL!... but I’d rather a larger boat than my old 23 footer ....
We’ll see tomorrow.... maybe the 255X will grow on me?.... (but the $100k scares me as well!... ahhh!)
There is a 215XD - has the 12" connect, but also the supercharger motors.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You guys crying are looking at one leaked video. Wait till after the release before you judge.

This is probably one model in an entire line of 25' hulls. I would expect to see bimini options, swim up seat options, engine options, and color options from a $60K AR250 to this decked out model 255XD at $100K. So be a bit patient till after the release. I feel that Yamaha is going to release a 25' model for just about everyone. Keeping in mind, not every boat is for everybody.

Those bitching about top speed, this boat was not designed for top speed. Like other tow boats, they need the low end grunt to get a couple thousand pounds of ballast moving, not 70mph. If you really wanted top speed, watch for a 255ss model. I doubt that will happen, as these hulls were not designed for 70mph. They are responding to customer demand. Go back and read through the multitudes of wish threads for 2021, heck for 2020!

Those bitching about a full walk through, I said, you will either get a wide beam, or a narrow walk through. They kept it at 8.5'. so the engines had to be close together. That leaves you with a step over. It's still better than the 242! Check out the filler they made for it, it's pretty trick. If you look at the 275, the engines are spread apart to make the walk through. You can't do that on a 8.5' beam. So pick your poison. Walk through, or trailerable.

I think everyone can step back, and have this discussion in a couple days after we have had a chance to dig through all the tech specs that will be released today. The site is going to light up with "I told you so's"

I swear, it's like 10 year olds pissed at their parents after sneaking a peek and finding underwear under the christmas tree the day before christmas, only to find out the new four wheeler was parked out back and not under the tree.

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You guys crying are looking at one leaked video. Wait till after the release before you judge.

This is probably one model in an entire line of 25' hulls. I would expect to see bimini options, swim up seat options, engine options, and color options from a $60K AR250 to this decked out model 255XD at $100K. So be a bit patient till after the release. I feel that Yamaha is going to release a 25' model for just about everyone. Keeping in mind, not every boat is for everybody.

Those bitching about top speed, this boat was not designed for top speed. Like other tow boats, they need the low end grunt to get a couple thousand pounds of ballast moving, not 70mph. If you really wanted top speed, watch for a 255ss model. I doubt that will happen, as these hulls were not designed for 70mph. They are responding to customer demand. Go back and read through the multitudes of wish threads for 2021, heck for 2020!

Those bitching about a full walk through, I said, you will either get a wide beam, or a narrow walk through. They kept it at 8.5'. so the engines had to be close together. That leaves you with a step over. It's still better than the 242! Check out the filler they made for it, it's pretty trick. If you look at the 275, the engines are spread apart to make the walk through. You can't do that on a 8.5' beam. So pick your poison. Walk through, or trailerable.

I think everyone can step back, and have this discussion in a couple days after we have had a chance to dig through all the tech specs that will be released today. The site is going to light up with "I told you so's"

I swear, it's like 10 year olds pissed at their parents after sneaking a pick under the christmas tree the day before christmas, only to find out the new four wheeler was parked out back and not under the tree.
It was a Red Rider BB gun and it was in the corner behind the desk...