• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2021 AR195 - What's the flooring material? It's not seadeck and not carpet

Sugarcharged

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey folks, just saw that the 2020 and 2021 AR195 has a different kind of mat, what is it and is it an upgrade from the carpet on the SX/AR190? Is it easier to maintain than carpet? Thank you. Curious since I'm looking to get a AR195 and we don't want the dual captain chairs of the 195S.

Hey folks, just saw that the 2020 and 2021 AR195 has a different kind of mat, what is it and is it an upgrade from the carpet on the SX/AR190? Is it easier to maintain than carpet? Thank you. Curious since I'm looking to get a AR195 and we don't want the dual captain chairs of the 195S.
@Sugarcharged the SX190 and AR190 have a mat that is referred to as snap-in "teak style" marine grade carpet. I looked inside a 2021 AR190 and the mat looked and felt like an up-grade from old-style marine carpet with lines in the carpet that mimicked a teak "look". The 2021 SX195 and AR195 have a mat referred to as a snap-in Marine grade woven floor mat. It is, in my opinion, a significant up-grade from that in the SX190/AR190. It is very water resistant and looks good - but - it can get hot (on the feet) in the sun. The Marine Mat (tm) on the rear swim decks of our 2021 SX195 never gets hot. I have thought of up-grading to a Marine Mat (tm) interior but that would cost about $800.00 - so not inexpensive. The 2021 195S has a full Marine Mat (tm) swim platform AND interior. :cool: BTW - why don't you want the dual captain's chairs? The Admiral (aka the wife) and most of our friends don't like the rear-facing only seats of the ARs. With the SX and S models you can face rearward (with comfort) while watersporting and then face forward(with comfort) when cruising. A lot of people don't want to have to sit facing the rear or sideways and Ithink that hurts re-sale value. Just my 2 cents. :cool:

Last edited:
@Sugarcharged the SX190 and AR190 have a mat that is referred to as snap-in "teak style" marine grade carpet. I looked inside a 2021 AR 190 and the mat looked and felt like an up-grade from old-style marine carpet with lines in the carpet that mimicked a teak "look". The 2021 SX195 and AR 195 have a mat referred to as a snap-in Marine grade woven floor mat. It is, in my opinion, a significant up-grade from that in the SX190/AR190. It is very water resistant and looks good - but - it can get hot (on the feet) in the sun. The Marine Mat (tm) on the rear swim decks of our 2021 SX195 never gets hot. I have thought of up-grading to a Marine Mat (tm) interior but that would cost about $800.00 - so not inexpensive. The 2021 195S has a full Marine Mat (tm) swim platform AND interior. :cool: BTW - why don't you want the dual captain's chairs? The Admiral (aka the wife) and most of our friends don't like the rear-facing only seats of the ARs. With the SX and S models you can face rearward (with comfort) while watersporting and then face forward(with comfort) when cruising. A lot of people don't want to have to sit facing the rear or sideways and i think that hurts re-sale value. just my 2 cents. :cool:
Thanks a lot Canuckjetboater for the detailed feedback above, especially coming from a SX195 owner. I didn't know it had a woven floor mat that is an upgrade from the carpet, I thought it had to be an upgrade but since I never stepped on one, it's difficult to see it. I'm glad it's water resistant and it will serve our purpose well, better than carpet. In the future, if it get damaged, I may replace with the marine mat, hopefully it can snap on the same spots of the wolven floor mats. Regarding your second point, I debated a lot between the AR195 vs. 195S since for us with two boys (a teenager and a pre-teen) they are into watersports and the past couple of years their interest moved from tubing into tubing + wakeboarding. Interesting how people have different interest, my wife loves to sit by my side facing back and watching the boys do water sports, I would say 70% of the time we are doing some water sports activity on the lake, for her, the bench sit is a must and when we have our boys friends over, we have a little more room to walk around and for them to sit. If she wants to sit facing forward, she will go to the bow. However, for couples, I can totally see the interest for dual captain chairs. Availability is key and we would certainly take a 195S with the tower and both seats would be ok, but our preference is the bench seat. Also, space underneath with easy access. Another interesting point, we prefer the color scheme of the AR195, more sportier. The 195S is very classy but somewhat boring for us. Anyway, I think the 19ft series with the redesign and the SVHO motor is such a great boat that the AR195 / SX195 / 195S are all great options. O

Thanks a lot Canuckjetboater for the detailed feedback above, especially coming from a SX195 owner. I didn't know it had a woven floor mat that is an upgrade from the carpet, I thought it had to be an upgrade but since I never stepped on one, it's difficult to see it. I'm glad it's water resistant and it will serve our purpose well, better than carpet. In the future, if it get damaged, I may replace with the marine mat, hopefully it can snap on the same spots of the wolven floor mats. Regarding your second point, I debated a lot between the AR195 vs. 195S since for us with two boys (a teenager and a pre-teen) they are into watersports and the past couple of years their interest moved from tubing into tubing + wakeboarding. Interesting how people have different interest, my wife loves to sit by my side facing back and watching the boys do water sports, I would say 70% of the time we are doing some water sports activity on the lake, for her, the bench sit is a must and when we have our boys friends over, we have a little more room to walk around and for them to sit. If she wants to sit facing forward, she will go to the bow. However, for couples, I can totally see the interest for dual captain chairs. Availability is key and we would certainly take a 195S with the tower and both seats would be ok, but our preference is the bench seat. Also, space underneath with easy access. Another interesting point, we prefer the color scheme of the AR195, more sportier. The 195S is very classy but somewhat boring for us. Anyway, I think the 19ft series with the redesign and the SVHO motor is such a great boat that the AR195 / SX195 / 195S are all great options. O
Marine mat makes snap in so if you ever want to upgrade to it you can. Their website is pretty cool, they have a shit ton of colors and u can customize it. It's also what is on the swim platform on a 195

@Sugarcharged ..... all good points you mention but in particular the Supercharged option. The supercharging completely changes the 19 foot model from, in my opinion, a decent boat that works fine when lightly loaded, into a beast even when loaded. :cool:

@Sugarcharged the SX190 and AR190 have a mat that is referred to as snap-in "teak style" marine grade carpet. I looked inside a 2021 AR190 and the mat looked and felt like an up-grade from old-style marine carpet with lines in the carpet that mimicked a teak "look". The 2021 SX195 and AR195 have a mat referred to as a snap-in Marine grade woven floor mat. It is, in my opinion, a significant up-grade from that in the SX190/AR190. It is very water resistant and looks good - but - it can get hot (on the feet) in the sun. The Marine Mat (tm) on the rear swim decks of our 2021 SX195 never gets hot. I have thought of up-grading to a Marine Mat (tm) interior but that would cost about $800.00 - so not inexpensive. The 2021 195S has a full Marine Mat (tm) swim platform AND interior. :cool: BTW - why don't you want the dual captain's chairs? The Admiral (aka the wife) and most of our friends don't like the rear-facing only seats of the ARs. With the SX and S models you can face rearward (with comfort) while watersporting and then face forward(with comfort) when cruising. A lot of people don't want to have to sit facing the rear or sideways and Ithink that hurts re-sale value. Just my 2 cents. :cool:

well.. all good but if the wife likes to “nap” on the way back to the ramp, she doesn’t like the admiral chair and prefers the bench, then AR it is…??

Back