• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hydrophase Ridesteady GPS Speed Control JETBOATERS.NET Member Discount, Jan 2021

Rooster585

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You would have to turn down the gain on the control loop and that will typically smooth out the output from the HP device. I'm sure that is an "internal" setting they have locked down. Probably requires a software download.
Great add on though. Makes playing on the water much easier.

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine seems to vary wildly like that. Not sure if there's a way to tighten that up.

LOL! I'm still trying to figure out all the ins and outs of it. Downside is I'm normally with my family and don't have time to poke around as my wife is driving. Our season is over for now, unless I go out with the guys. Wife is 7 months preggo and dr says no more boat for her. So reckon i'll get back at it next season.
Speed variance depends on a lot - water conditions, weight / ballast in boat, set speed, how hard someone is pulling on the rope, engine power, etc. You can try increasing / decreasing "response" (under SETTINGS -> USER SET) to see if another setting works better for you. Higher numbers increase the aggressiveness of the control system (which will accelerate harder to respond to a change in speed) whereas lower numbers make the system more "smooth" (and less responsive to changes in speed).

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You would have to turn down the gain on the control loop and that will typically smooth out the output from the HP device. I'm sure that is an "internal" setting they have locked down. Probably requires a software download.
Great add on though. Makes playing on the water much easier.
That's essentially what the "response" parameter does - tunes the control loop gains.

Rooster585

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's essentially what the "response" parameter does - tunes the control loop gains.
Well crap - Learn sumpin new every day! I get to play with the loop control! Been tuning loops for 30 years.
Thanks Mr. Ridesteady!
Although I think mine is doing a good job now, good to know if I ever need to...

arodr72

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What is the best display option for the 2019 ar 240? I assume the external mount but just want clarify before i purchase. Been waiting for this upgrade fornover a year so excited!!

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length