• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hydrophase Ridesteady GPS Speed Control JETBOATERS.NET Member Discount, Jan 2021

ericoask424

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anybody have a picture mounted on a 2020? Just curious if you used the bracket mounted or drilled a hole somewhere? Thanks

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anybody have a picture mounted on a 2020? Just curious if you used the bracket mounted or drilled a hole somewhere? Thanks
Thanks for the inquiry!

You can search our customer install database to see different installs. Check here for some AR240 customer installs: Search | HYDROPHASE LLC

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thanks for the inquiry!

You can search our customer install database to see different installs. Check here for some AR240 customer installs: Search | HYDROPHASE LLC
I went with the external box instead of cutting in the dashboard. Mounted the "arm" bow-side to the engine controls, then adjusted the knuckles so that the box floated just port-bow side of all the controls. Works great - as I power up (or my wife when I'm behind the boat), your hand then naturally goes to the RS box to start dialing in the speed.

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I used the external unit and bought a Ram suction mount so I didn't have to put screws in and so that I could move it if needed. I placed it so I can spin the knob with my hand still on the throttle.

Attachments

WTFover

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
So If I buy a single engine model, can it ever be retrofitted to a twin engine model in the future?

gallobg

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here’s mine mounted into the dash of a 2019 AR195. The hole wasn’t fun to cut but I wanted the clean look and it’s easy to reach while underway. Single best upgrade I did to the boat.

Attachments

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Received mine on Friday. That was fast! I brought the boat back from the dealership this weekend, but didn't really have any time to mess with it. Hopefully we'll get a warm snap one weekend and I can get it knocked out.

Rooster585

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Arrggg…..just missed the group buy. Will submit the install tho. Everything looks great, I have to finish a re-model then install the Ridesteady. Can't wait!

JohnB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm planning on buying for a 2020 AR240. What works best for the display - both accessibility and aesthetics - the 4" round or the rectangular external?

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm planning on buying for a 2020 AR240. What works best for the display - both accessibility and aesthetics - the 4" round or the rectangular external?
yeah, i've been trying to decide also....i haven't seen an install on a 19' ar240. there are two 19' 212x customer installs on the ridesteady site, i guess those are pretty close to the same dash (7" connext screen and phone holder, no round gauges), and both have the external mount on the right side of dash. and i guess that keeps in easy reach after setting throttles.

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I purchased a ram mount and backing plate. 4 little holes.

Attachments

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks for the inquiry @JohnB!

You would need the rectangular external display unless you plan on drilling a 3.5" hole somewhere to put the round in-dash display.

EDIT: Updated to reflect 2020 AR240 doesn't have round gauges.

Last edited: