• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Hydrophase Ridesteady GPS Speed Control JETBOATERS.NET Member Discount, Jan 2021

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
yeah, i've been trying to decide also....i haven't seen an install on a 19' ar240. there are two 19' 212x customer installs on the ridesteady site, i guess those are pretty close to the same dash (7" connext screen and phone holder, no round gauges), and both have the external mount on the right side of dash. and i guess that keeps in easy reach after setting throttles.
Thanks for your inquiry as well, @jthackman !

Generally speaking, most customers choose the external display when they have Connext, as otherwise you would have to drill a new hole for the round in-dash display or replace one of the tachometers (on older models that had Connext + the round tachometers).

And yes, you're correct that the external display mount allows for you to locate the display closer to the throttle levers for easy access.

Last edited:

JohnB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Generally speaking, most customers choose the external display when they have Connext, as otherwise you would have to drill a new hole for the round in-dash display or replace one of the tachometers (on older models that had Connext + the round tachometers).

And yes, you're correct that the external display mount allows for you to locate the display closer to the throttle levers for easy access.
Ordered the external display model. Here's waiting for spring to arrive!

jimbobalu

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Too bad my boat won't be delivered before Feb. 14th :(. Why do you do this promotion in the winter? I'd definitely buy once my boat is hopefully delivered by the spring.

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Too bad my boat won't be delivered before Feb. 14th :(. Why do you do this promotion in the winter? I'd definitely buy once my boat is hopefully delivered by the spring.
Thanks for your interest! The promotion is in the winter to incentivize off-season sales. That said, the $100 back (for install pics / info) should still be available when your boat is delivered if you order then.

Tayhadasuperjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I installed one of these last summer and it is one of the best (if not the best) mod I have done to date. Straightforward install, works great for surfing, tubing, and cruising. Highly recommend.

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I installed one of these last summer and it is one of the best (if not the best) mod I have done to date. Straightforward install, works great for surfing, tubing, and cruising. Highly recommend.
Thanks very much, @Tayhadasuperjet ! It's so great to hear that your Ridesteady has made the top of your mod list!

jthackman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

10-4 thanks...ordered the external display.

JohnB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My kit showed up today. No to wait for the weather to warm up a little bit to install it.

QuakeTen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Ugh, I took Jan and Feb off from the boat and forum and missed out. It has been cold and snowy here in PA But the melt started this week. 😀

Ridesteady

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ugh, I took Jan and Feb off from the boat and forum and missed out. It has been cold and snowy here in PA But the melt started this week. 😀
You can never leave the board! :)

We still have our $100 back for install pics / info, if you're interested.

jaslaughter

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just ordered mine, in before Tuesday shipping :) I've been contemplating this purchase for a while now -- pretty excited to get some consistent speed.

SantaFeTrailer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks like I gotta get this thing intalled by Saturday if I want my hundo back! The weather is nice now, so no more procrastinating.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Looks like I gotta get this thing intalled by Saturday if I want my hundo back! The weather is nice now, so no more procrastinating.
It's pretty easy. One thing after you get it installed that I overlooked is to make sure you edit the engine sync if you want it full time.

I noticed on mine it wasn't syncing and was like WTF? It's in the manual and also here. Need to do that next time I get my boat out.
20210417_121630 (1).jpg

SantaFeTrailer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks. Luckily (?) I only have one engine.

It's pretty easy. One thing after you get it installed that I overlooked is to make sure you edit the engine sync if you want it full time.

I noticed on mine it wasn't syncing and was like WTF? It's in the manual and also here. Need to do that next time I get my boat out.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

View attachment 147983
That is a great looking dash setup you have there! :thumbsup:

Wish I didn't have to have the two Tachs on mine :(

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That is a great looking dash setup you have there! :thumbsup:

Wish I didn't have to have the two Tachs on mine :(
I believe the round RideSteady can replace your port tach, from what research I've done!