• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Gulf Coast Jet Boat Meet Up Panama City, Florida July 8th-11th.

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Hi everyone, my name is Niels Roorda and I would like to invite you to Panama City Florida for the first annual Gulf Coast Meet Up.

For those with Facebook, join the Gulf Coast Jet Boaters group for info below:

For those w/o Facebook...we will be having a 2021 meet up in Panama City, Florida on July 8th-11th. If you are interested in attending and are w/o Facebook, email me at niels@theroordagroup.com and I will add you to the master list.

You will need to secure lodging. There will be planned "events" each day w/ a formal meet and greet and a farewell gathering. Trips to Destin (Crab Island) and Port St Joe via the intercoastal waterway along w/ BBQ gathering at Shell Island is planned. I will post updates here for the non social media members.

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This looks great! I’m a freshwater boater but have taken my boat to Perdido Bay, which was awesome. I haven’t been in the ocean per say though. In this outing, do I need to be concerned about overwhelming waves? If not, there’s a good chance I’m in.

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
This looks great! I’m a freshwater boater but have taken my boat to Perdido Bay, which was awesome. I haven’t been in the ocean per say though. In this outing, do I need to be concerned about overwhelming waves? If not, there’s a good chance I’m in.
Not at all, where we boat (unless you decide to venture on your own to the Gulf) is all within the bay side of the Gulf. Chop at its worst inside bay is minimal. Google Shell Island Panama City FL

Overtime81

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can’t wait. Vacation time submitted and hotel booked.

Steve Daggett

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You will have no trouble at all. Most of the time would be spent inside the bay and intracoastal waterway. IF you want to go into the gulf, just check the weather. If it's too rough for your comfort, don't go out. I live in PC and have a 2020 242XE. Looking forward to seeing you down here.

Last edited:

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Hi Everyone-

Most of you know that for the last 13 years, with the help of @007, @JCampbell, and our wives have organized the Shelbyville Annual Gathering. My great friend @Yamagirl has taken Shelbyville over now that I have moved to Knoxville, TN.

Well since we have moved more south and are just as close to Panama City as we are to Shelbyville, we decided to not only attend this event with you all, but I have been working with Niels to organize. I will be working closely with a couple of the sponsors, including Yamaha, to make this event a great success. If you are signed up already or will become an attendee, I will be reaching out to you to get an understanding of the attendees (how many boats, size of crew, etc.). All this information helps us plan well and good planning makes the event that much more enjoyable!
I look forward to seeing you guys in July and please help me out by providing information when requested!

Thanks in advance and Let the good times roll!

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
For anyone who has Facebook, go and join the official Gulf Coast Jet Boaters group so you can see the event.

Hope to see everyone!

-Niels

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Definitely interested in this. I’ll be in SC on Lake Hartwell June 26-July 3. Thinking about driving from there and spending a week in Panama City. I requested to join the FB group and would love to hear more.

Wisefam22

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wil miss it this year, but hopefully plan on us being there next year.

We will be coming back from the keys on July 4th and my wife leaving for ladies only trip on the 11th

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm in. Have a VRBO booked in PC July 3-11. Signed up on the FB page for all of the events. Can't wait!

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Bump... weather is looking good, can’t wait for this!

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
For those interested, made a quick video of the trip.... mostly footage from Saturday during our run to Crab Island. Had a great time and hope to go again!

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice video! Next year, when you come to my house on the way down, we can make sure to fully charge the GoPro batteries. lol.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For those interested, made a quick video of the trip.... mostly footage from Saturday during our run to Crab Island. Had a great time and hope to go again!

how was the fuel consumption ? Were you able to make back and forth with a comfortable margin ?

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
how was the fuel consumption ? Were you able to make back and forth with a comfortable margin ?
Round trip, no way. A good chunk of the trip we were running wide open so fuel consumption was pretty bad :).

According to Navionics, it's nearly 100 miles from the Sheraton in Panama City to Crab Island so you have to refuel. I started the trip with about 75% and had 14% left when I made it. There are a couple spots in Choctawhatchee Bay to refuel so it's not too much of an issue. I fueled up at Destin Marina and it was a bit of a shit show there..... we had a storm rolling in and between people needed fuel and all the boats coming in from the ocean, it was busy to say the least!

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Round trip, no way. A good chunk of the trip we were running wide open so fuel consumption was pretty bad :).

According to Navionics, it's nearly 100 miles from the Sheraton in Panama City to Crab Island so you have to refuel. I started the trip with about 75% and had 14% left when I made it. There are a couple spots in Choctawhatchee Bay to refuel so it's not too much of an issue. I fueled up at Destin Marina and it was a bit of a shit show there..... we had a storm rolling in and between people needed fuel and all the boats coming in from the ocean, it was busy to say the least!
I see. So I would probably want to refuel and then go to crab island. I take it the ride at the channel was a non issue ? I looked like y’all were WOT

Shookie

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I see. So I would probably want to refuel and then go to crab island. I take it the ride at the channel was a non issue ? I looked like y’all were WOT
You will probably burn 60% or so of your fuel one way. There's fuel on either side so you've got no problem, assuming you gas up. We stopped a couple times to regroup and let everyone catch up. Couple boats had 9-10 people and could hit 42-43 mph max. Will was doing over 50 in his new FSH. That's why we were all close together a couple times.

That one spot in the video we all slowed down... We chugged along slow and that's where all the waves came from. I was just following along..... :)

helendarack

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thank you guys for sharing the video. I can't wait for the summer of 2022 to relax with joy somewhere on a yacht at sea with my family. We haven't spent time together for a long time because the borders were closed for a long time and we just couldn't come to each other. During this time, I missed my daughters and already knew what we would do this summer on vacation. I want to teach them how to drive yachts while my dear wife drinks cocktails and relaxes, as she deserves it more than anyone else. I think that I will use the services of the guys from vistayachts, as they are trendy among my friends, and this is worth a lot. Good luck to everyone, and I wish you rest as soon as possible

Last edited: