• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini 2019 July 7th (Bahia Mar) depart July 8th for Bimini return July 13th

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Harbortown Marina has 2 freshwater hoses as well. I washed my trailer within minutes of launching the boat. I don't think the 2 dips a year will greatly affect anything if you wash it right then and there.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I've never gone but I want to do this trip in 2020. If anyone knows of a group like this one forming please let me know.

One concern I have is salt water. My boat and painted trailer look almost new, fresh water only. Do you guys launch from trailers, are they all galvanized? What kind of rinse / flush do you do to the boat while in the water? Any other tips, changing anodes, etc.? I have a 2017 242LS.

Thanks and we appreciate all the info and pictures.
I will probably start a trip thread for 2020 before or around fall. As will others.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I paid $400 for lunch/retrieval and parking for a week. But the there is a BIG BUT.

1st. The majority of the marinas will not even bother with our boats either because we are once a year or because the boat is too short for the lift.

2nd. Another alternative place quoted me $700 just for the lunch/retrival.

3rd I know of a place that has done this service for a JetBoat but when I called and I begged they were very politely trying to get off the phone.

4th the place that I used is 45 minutes from the inlet and mostly nowake. It has a couple of bridges which at high tide scrapped my antenna.

5th the operator at the marina were very very nice people, but not as organized as I would like for them to be. I got lucky to be the only boat to be lifted when I arrived and when I left, yet it still took over 1 hour. Leaving 8am from Bimini Sands and trying to make Tallahassee that evening was a bit of challenge. They also scratched my hull although they were being careful. Very minor yet a scratch

Long story short, I just bought a new aluminum trailer and got done worrying about it.

Blue Hawaiian

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
At 25mph, I would probably had only used 10-11.
The water was way too flat not to open her up. I was running at 40mph to catch up before we stopped midway
i will buy 5 case of beers to be store in your boat next time, you can drink as much as you can !

SlowDorado

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
the building adjacent to the first ramp at harbour town has dry dock services. has anyone checked with them? I saw them loading and unloading boats of all sizes onto stands when I was there rinsing off the boat.

I paid $400 for lunch/retrieval and parking for a week. But the there is a BIG BUT.

1st. The majority of the marinas will not even bother with our boats either because we are once a year or because the boat is too short for the lift.

2nd. Another alternative place quoted me $700 just for the lunch/retrival.

3rd I know of a place that has done this service for a JetBoat but when I called and I begged they were very politely trying to get off the phone.

4th the place that I used is 45 minutes from the inlet and mostly nowake. It has a couple of bridges which at high tide scrapped my antenna.

5th the operator at the marina were very very nice people, but not as organized as I would like for them to be. I got lucky to be the only boat to be lifted when I arrived and when I left, yet it still took over 1 hour. Leaving 8am from Bimini Sands and trying to make Tallahassee that evening was a bit of challenge. They also scratched my hull although they were being careful. Very minor yet a scratch

Long story short, I just bought a new aluminum trailer and got done worrying about it.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@SlowDorado I looked up every single marina between Port Everglades the one that I ended using. I called them all. Maybe it did not show up on the map or maybe they did not like my voice, but statistically speaking, it is not going to work.

My conclusion is that they are very busy and for once a year customer it does not make sense to prioritize us above a local vessel. On top of that they by the the foot, so we are really the smallest fish in the pond.

PS. I think you might be referring to Thunderbolt, but I am not 100%

AJack

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
lol!

lets plan a trip to Exumas.. we can have a pig roast on the beach.
I’ll have my children next year. I might try venturing further than this year, but still using Bimini. If there’s s date for a group, I’d even begin locking in one of those canal houses. Hey @SlowDorado , how was the canal house?

SlowDorado

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I’ll have my children next year. I might try venturing further than this year, but still using Bimini. If there’s s date for a group, I’d even begin locking in one of those canal houses. Hey @SlowDorado , how was the canal house?
The house is adequate. Like an old car it gets the job done but comes with issues. Being able to pull right up to the house and tie up the boat was a huge plus. Having a washer and dryer was a big bonus. It’s not luxurious by any means, but was equipped with all the basics. The appliances were dated but worked well. I managed to make enough ice everyday without needing to buy but having to grab the rusted stained handles made me cringe.

The water always had a dirty sewage smell to it. Luckily, I brought plenty of water so I never had to “test the water”.

The location was great if you like to be away from the crowd. However, the mosquitos and flies were terrible. You would have to be in doors before dusk.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The house is adequate. Like an old car it gets the job done but comes with issues. Being able to pull right up to the house and tie up the boat was a huge plus. Having a washer and dryer was a big bonus. It’s not luxurious by any means, but was equipped with all the basics. The appliances were dated but worked well. I managed to make enough ice everyday without needing to buy but having to grab the rusted stained handles made me cringe.

The water always had a dirty sewage smell to it. Luckily, I brought plenty of water so I never had to “test the water”.

The location was great if you like to be away from the crowd. However, the mosquitos and flies were terrible. You would have to be in doors before dusk.
Sounds pretty much exactly like staying at Bimini Sands, lol. Minus the ice making ability, though. Oh yeah, plus this year the Sands had the crowds over the holiday weekend, huge negative.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Sounds pretty much exactly like staying at Bimini Sands, lol. Minus the ice making ability, though. Oh yeah, plus this year the Sands had the crowds over the holiday weekend, huge negative.
The unit we rented at the Sands had a full size and new washer and drier plus a large bottled water dispenser and tons of ice trays. We made lots of ice, but not quite enough for fishing purposes.

@Sbrown I didnt think the sands was as crowded as prior years....there was still open docks!

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The unit we rented at the Sands had a full size and new washer and drier plus a large bottled water dispenser and tons of ice trays. We made lots of ice, but not quite enough for fishing purposes.

@Sbrown I didnt think the sands was as crowded as prior years....there was still open docks!
I hear you, and you're right. I was just making a general statement to be humorous based on reports from other members about lesser quality condos they've endured. And I guess "crowded" wasn't the right term to use as the issue was really more about the quality of the people and less about the actual quantity. It only takes a few bad seeds to make a place feel crowded

afsigma21

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I wanna go back, like, NOW

ChuckGilliam

Reaction score