• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Models

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Still only seeing 19' footers. Where are the pics of the 21' footers :)

Jeff L24

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
New ride plate that extends further back that supposedly will help to plane faster:
View attachment 128330

Also metal drain plugs:
View attachment 128331

View attachment 128332
I seem to be in the minority when it comes to liking the rudder under the hull. I would think it's much more effective than the rudders that are behind the hull on the 21' & 24'. And with the draft of 15" for the 19' and 19-20" for the larger models, what's the problem? My hope is this rudder with make TV/Cobra fins unnecessary on my 2021 195S (coming soon!)

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Draft is 17" on 21' and 20" 24', at least up to 2020.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes so was I. I was just at the site. So I went back and double checked. Now it says 19" for 21'. Perhaps I need new glasses, wow

EDIT: Ok I am not losing my vision, I was looking at the 210 FSH it has 17" draft.

1596761658050.png

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would rather have it inline with the keel rather than hanging off the end. I believe it would be easier to tear it off or hurt it with the rudder hanging lower. Would rather use mods and inline with keel. My keel will stop the boat long before it hits the rudder.

20200806_204309.jpg

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Draft is 17" on 21' and 20" 24', at least up to 2020.
I wonder what changed in the 24s because the specs on my 16 ar240 is 16.2 inch draft an almost 4 inch difference is a lot. Thought the hulls were the same from my15 to 20

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Weight? I am not sure if that is considered in draft or not.

EDIT: I just looked it up and read an article and weight affects draft. So is draft a measurement when fully loaded or when no passengers and no gear are on? Does it include full gas tank? So in essence specified draft would be correlated to weight, and my 19" draft boat could be several if not more inches or lower in water at max passenger and weight capacity with full tank.

So I guess the question would be the draft in the specifications of our boats or any boats is based on empty boat or full boat with maximum carrying weight?

Could someone with some definitive knowledge on the topic chime in?

Last edited:

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
The centerline keel of the newer 21' hulls is several inches lower, that adds to the draft.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
My hope is this rudder with make TV/Cobra fins unnecessary on my 2021 195S (coming soon!)
We have no need for added fins on our 212s - it handles about the same as the old stern drive boats and I can dock it easier due to no gearing in the drive system (quick fwd/rev changes without issue).

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
just sitting in shallow water I’m always concerned with the rudder hitting the bottom.
If you're in that shallow of water, you're already too shallow. Although the draft of jetboats gives more clearance, you have a vacuum cleaner under the hull that sucks up water and debris if you're in shallow water. Yamaha warns not to operate the boat in less than 3 feet of water for this reason. The rudder position becomes a none issue at 3 feet.

When we launch the boat, we pull it down the dock to deeper water (3 feet or more) before starting the engines. Others think we're being nice to give them room to launch their boat right behind us, but it's more about us protecting the impellers.
😏

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
If you're in that shallow of water, you're already too shallow. Although the draft of jetboats gives more clearance, you have a vacuum cleaner under the hull that sucks up water and debris if you're in shallow water. Yamaha warns not to operate the boat in less than 3 feet of water for this reason. The rudder position becomes a none issue at 3 feet.

When we launch the boat, we pull it down the dock to deeper water (3 feet or more) before starting the engines. Others think we're being nice to give them room to launch their boat right behind us, but it's more about us protecting the impellers.
😏
Keep in mind this is while anchored or at a sand bar, not operating. Well anchored I always put the back the boat towards the shore, just not sure why it can't be even with the bottom of the hull. At the end of the day it just seems like an add on and not a great from the factory design. I always like floating into the sand bar then an I/O comes to try and get to the bar and they can't come even close:winkingthumbsup"

Last edited:

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Keep in mind this is while anchored or at a sand bar, not operating. Well anchored I always put the back the boat towards the shore, just not sure why it can't be even with the bottom of the hull.
I was curious and did some side by sides, and the A/K of the 19's hangs down because there is no centerline keel like on the 21's and above. Best guess is the 19's need the extra help from having part of the A/K section fixed in place just before the pump to help with centerline tracking, and the rudder part is attached there. The 21's have a long keel line and the rudder is placed just behind it. The 19's may need a little extra rudder help since they have one jetpump pushing as opposed to two. I'm sure Yamaha has done many hours in simulators and/or water flow tanks checking the A/K system and may improve it down the road, but it makes sense how they have it now.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Weight? I am not sure if that is considered in draft or not.

EDIT: I just looked it up and read an article and weight affects draft. So is draft a measurement when fully loaded or when no passengers and no gear are on? Does it include full gas tank? So in essence specified draft would be correlated to weight, and my 19" draft boat could be several if not more inches or lower in water at max passenger and weight capacity with full tank.

So I guess the question would be the draft in the specifications of our boats or any boats is based on empty boat or full boat with maximum carrying weight?

Could someone with some definitive knowledge on the topic chime in?
With commercial freighter vessels, I believe they list draft based on loaded and unloaded displacement for safe navigational purposes. For personal use, the amount of weight added probably doesn't make a significant difference, but since a smaller number is better, I'm sure they use unloaded for the draft numbers.
:)

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@212s Your assumptions seem good to me.

I guess the fact that it is hanging lower than the rest of boat, you could hit something and damage or tear off your rudder easier (for lack of a better word) than on the A/K boats. Also if you run aground on the hull the rudder is most likely deeper in whatever you ran aground on, example sandbar or mud.

Not that I am condoning going super shallow by any means, but if my keel gets over something or rubs/hits it and I keep moving over it whether intentional or unintentional than I should be GTG without a rudder sticking down.

Spainkilla

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I want to know something one of the dealers in cali said they dont sell 19’ and some 21’ because its not cali legal....thats bull crap thats not true the guy most be high or am i wrong

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I want to know something one of the dealers in cali said they dont sell 19’ and some 21’ because its not cali legal....thats bull crap thats not true the guy most be high or am i wrong
They cannot sell the 1.8 supercharged, it does not meet CA emission standards.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I was curious and did some side by sides, and the A/K of the 19's hangs down because there is no centerline keel like on the 21's and above. Best guess is the 19's need the extra help from having part of the A/K section fixed in place just before the pump to help with centerline tracking, and the rudder part is attached there. The 21's have a long keel line and the rudder is placed just behind it. The 19's may need a little extra rudder help since they have one jetpump pushing as opposed to two. I'm sure Yamaha has done many hours in simulators and/or water flow tanks checking the A/K system and may improve it down the road, but it makes sense how they have it now.
I get it, just saying I don’t like it. I think another reason is with a single they would almost have to make a deeper hull. As they probably don’t have the clearance below the pump coming out to do so. I do admit it is a big improvement over the old non articulating keel single engine. Just wish it didn’t hang below the hull. Not the end of the world but if I could change something it would be this.

Tempest

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Probably in the minority and don’t mean any offense but, I don’t think I’m digging the colors. The 2020 AR195S was gorgeous but these feel a little as though the scheme was just plastered across the boat’s sides.