• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2021 yamaha 195s rear starboard compartment always wet

josephp80

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Hi everyone,
I am going crazy trying to figure out why my rear compartment is always wet! i have checked the hoses that come from the pump, the three outlet hoses from the motor and it seems to be isolated to the pretty much the center and starboard side of the boat where the pump hose exits the boat. Everything else is dry front and back of it??????

Please tell me someone has the same issue and knows where it is coming from????? any input would be great! thanks all!
Joe

Have you checked your anchor locker drain? This was making several compartments wet on my 210, and is the #1 issue for leaks on these boats.

I have not but my anchor compartment is up front at the bow

I believe the cup holders will drain straight down into there. So if you get any water in there it will just drop down into the storage compartment. I have read that most people just plug them with a little bit of silicone to avoid this.

Yes, but gap at the drain (if there is one) then allow the water to enter between the lower and upper hull and then it goes the path of least resistance, which could be storage compartments. Just a thought, it has happened to me.

This would probably mean they get pretty wet. Cup holder drains aren't going to soak the carpet.

Yes, but gap at the drain (if there is one) then allow the water to enter between the lower and upper hull and then it goes the path of least resistance, which could be storage compartments. Just a thought, it has happened to me.

This would probably mean they get pretty wet. Cup holder drains aren't going to soak the carpet.
The 195's don'y have anchor compartment drains to the outside.

I believe the cup holders will drain straight down into there. So if you get any water in there it will just drop down into the storage compartment. I have read that most people just plug them with a little bit of silicone to avoid this.
which cup holder are you referring to? it is always wet? and it’s covered anytime not in use? I will definitely look at it i hope you are right but does anyone else have the same issue?

no luck yet. doesn’t look like any cup holder drain is nearby. any one else have this issue? very frustrating especially since it’s a year old this has been from day one i must be missing something hoping to get someone out there with that golden answer! thanks everyone

My first guess is the cup holders they have tubes that drain right into the gunnels. Only other thing I can think of over there is the bilge hose

no luck yet. doesn’t look like any cup holder drain is nearby. any one else have this issue? very frustrating especially since it’s a year old this has been from day one i must be missing something hoping to get someone out there with that golden answer! thanks everyone

All of your cup holders drain directly into the gunwall. So you're helm cup holder is the only one that has a drain hose attached to it. However, it leads into gunwall under throttle lever and just ends there. Then you have the two cup holders next to drivers seat, and two behind drivers seat. All 4 of those drain straight down. So everytime you wash your boat.... All that water goes straight down into gunwall, and ends in the compartment you speak of.
There are two fixes for this. One super easy, and one harder but more correct.
#1 Put a bead of silicone into bottom of cup holder to not allow it to drain. Now when you wash the boat you'll have to either blow it out, or use a rag to soak it up.
#2 Add drain lines and hose clamps to each cup holder and route them into the bilge. This will allow cup holders to still drain, but will require you to route all hoses and possibly drill holes to access bilge area.

Old thread I know but I am having this same issue. I checked the cup holders they never get wet. I added silicone to the swim platform cup holders as well sine those do get wet. Frist day back on the water all dry. Next day, rough water and soaking wet again. only other thing I can think of is the back tie downs. The front one was leaking earlier this year and the silicone from factory was non existent. Any ideas or anyone else have this issue?

Old thread I know but I am having this same issue. I checked the cup holders they never get wet. I added silicone to the swim platform cup holders as well sine those do get wet. Frist day back on the water all dry. Next day, rough water and soaking wet again. only other thing I can think of is the back tie downs. The front one was leaking earlier this year and the silicone from factory was non existent. Any ideas or anyone else have this issue?
Had this same issue and did everything I could think of. Turned out to be a loose U bolt at the front of the boat, where the trailer winch strap connects to the boat. Took it off and added silicone and reinstalled tightly and never had water in the back compartment again...

hi all. found my problem m! it was the pop out tie down cleat. bolts weee loose water would drip off of cover and around the cleat. I took a garden hose sprayed around it and sure enough the culprit. tightened all bolts and siliconed. so far so good

hi all. found my problem m! it was the pop out tie down cleat. bolts weee loose water would drip off of cover and around the cleat. I took a garden hose sprayed around it and sure enough the culprit. tightened all bolts and siliconed. so far so good

Thanks for closing the loop on this! Glad you got it resolved !!!!

Back