• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 Yamaha boats released today! no 24' yet though

mikecrawley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Financing and deposit done on our incoming early release 2021 Yamaha AR190 (Chatlee Marine in NC). We are the first AR190 they will receive of the early release 19fts. Per their communication, they aren't sure which ones they are getting and when but they are getting a shipment every week for the next few weeks. We aren't even sure which color we will get yet of the 2 options, we are simply taking the first one they get. I am hoping its the Grey and Black vs. the White and Blue but, either one is fine.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Financing and deposit done on our incoming early release 2021 Yamaha AR190 (Chatlee Marine in NC). We are the first AR190 they will receive of the early release 19fts. Per their communication, they aren't sure which ones they are getting and when but they are getting a shipment every week for the next few weeks. We aren't even sure which color we will get yet of the 2 options, we are simply taking the first one they get. I am hoping its the Grey and Black vs. the White and Blue but, either one is fine.
What type of financing are they offering?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just build a bigger garage & go with the 27' :thumbsup:
Wrap it all into one BIG loan and done deal.;)
If I had the space you better dang well believe I would've already broken ground on a pole barn to house the boat. Sadly I have about 8ft between my house and the property line on both sides (back corner of the house on a pie shaped lot), so I can't get a bigger garage currently. Womp Womp. It'll to offsite storage once I upgrade the boat. Makes me pretty sad now that I've learned the benefits of having the boat in the garage with me.

Also, I could PROBABLY fit a 212X in the garage. I would have to raise the entrance header, and put a new door in. I'm not 100% past that idea just yet either.......We'll see what I can talk the salesman out of at the boat show this fall :D :D

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It'll to offsite storage once I upgrade the boat. Makes me pretty sad now that I've learned the benefits of having the boat in the garage with me.

I learned that it is VERY nice to have the ability to store the boat at home. The pontoon was too long on the trailer to fit in the shop and wasn't real hot on borrowing a scissor trailer & having it sit on the floor either so it was stored at the county fairgrounds. With the AR we take the top of the tower off & it fits in perfectly(just have to watch your head on the door opener). Gave me the opportunity to install Seadeck, stereo, replace other various items and polish the hull in the great winter weather that we have up here.

Austin-BR

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad that I got mine 2020 AR240 in May. I was not sure if I got a good deal or not ($1,300 under MSRP and zero dealer prep), but reading here all those posts, wow! Also let's see the price bump for the 25'.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Austin-BR Awful hard to see that small ass tow vehicle next to that big ass boat it is pulling :)

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length

AJACHIM

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If I had the space you better dang well believe I would've already broken ground on a pole barn to house the boat. Sadly I have about 8ft between my house and the property line on both sides (back corner of the house on a pie shaped lot), so I can't get a bigger garage currently. Womp Womp. It'll to offsite storage once I upgrade the boat. Makes me pretty sad now that I've learned the benefits of having the boat in the garage with me.

Also, I could PROBABLY fit a 212X in the garage. I would have to raise the entrance header, and put a new door in. I'm not 100% past that idea just yet either.......We'll see what I can talk the salesman out of at the boat show this fall :D :D
How deep is your garage. I have a 19x19 and wonder if a 21 would fit maybe diagonally

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
How deep is your garage. I have a 19x19 and wonder if a 21 would fit maybe diagonally
My garage is just over 24ft deep with 14ft ceilings. I can get my 190 in there with enough space to walk behind it easily, and put the tower back up once in with room to spare vertically. Have a tiny little 7ft opening height on the door. It's somewhat absurd honestly.

I was test fitting the Anchorshade in this pic, but you can see the height and length available, and the stupid garage door.

20180616_170213.jpg

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
If they make the 24' a 25' I have to believe they will make the 21' a 22' next year. They already made the 19' longer and wider in 2019. I think they will have a gap in sizes offering a 19', 21', 25'. I'm on board as a 22' would be the sweet spot for me.

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If they make the 24' a 25' I have to believe they will make the 21' a 22' next year. They already made the 19' longer and wider in 2019. I think they will have a gap in sizes offering a 19', 21', 25'. I'm on board as a 22' would be the sweet spot for me.
Or add 23’ back, and have 19, 21, 23, 25, 27.... really doubt this but would make for a lot of consumer choice lol

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Or add 23’ back, and have 19, 21, 23, 25, 27.... really doubt this but would make for a lot of consumer choice lol

In a world where Yamaha minimizes options, engines, hull sizes, and production lines, there is no way they will ever offer that many hull sizes. It took 7 years of producing the 19' boat before they changed it. And the 24 was produced what 6-7 years before adding the keel. Hull changes, are major changes in the entire production food chain. Its the whole reason that the FSH is, more or less, just a different top half of a 19 and 21' hull. The bottom half is shared.

I say "just" downplaying the feat. When in actuality, it's a tremendous feat. But when you have a hull that works, you tend to avoid making major changes. And Yamaha is very good at making small changes annually, rather than radical changes. It not only keeps the value up on previous years, it also allows them to improve without admitting a previous version was flawed in any way. #slowspeedsteeringsucks

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I concur. No reason to dilute their current line up or make radical changes when their boats are in high demand. Save that when you need to generate continual consistent sales. Their design and sales models work well, why change it.

OldFireGuy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I am picking up my first Yamaha at Chatlee as well. Hoping for the 195S

Goflight2

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I am waiting on what the 242X (or252X) looks like before pulling the trigger. Just sold my Sea-Doos, and had tried to order a 2020, but was told by Yamaha that due to COVID, no employee purchases for watercraft right now.
After joining this forum and reading about the potential changes, it's probably for the best that I wasn't able to order the 2020.

Kylecole21

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
25ft'r too big for some reason?

I'm in a 190 now and looking to go larger. Once it no longer fits in my garage, I want the largest boat I can get my hands on :D
I don’t have that many Benjamins lol

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I heard the 24’ boats will have a redesigned interior. I’m thinking either the flip seats for lounging in the rear like the 27’ has or the easy pass through in the rear of the boat like the 27’ boat has, or both features? That would be awesome for sure as those seats that are like loungers would be awesome to watch skiers, tubers, wake boarders/surfers, etc. I’m hoping for some good color schemes and 25’ would also be nice. Can’t wait to see the pics as this may be what we upgrade to (the X model) for easier water sports fun since my daughter is wake surfing and and wake boarding like crazy now and it’s a little harder to go behind our current SX210.

Any info on the 275 new boats yet? Any changes? High tow point for water sports?

mikecrawley

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am picking up my first Yamaha at Chatlee as well. Hoping for the 195S
Congrats! Matt is our sales guy and, I have him saved as a contact in my phone. I am literally watching my phone daily for the call or text from him saying its on the way!