• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 Model Rumors

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
With the parts shortage and COVID related shutdowns I wonder if Yamaha keeps things the way they are for 2022 and makes the moves in the 2023 MY.

This is way more likely reality. How can you contemplate re-tooling a plant and rely on new components. When offering up BNG on a 2022 would be the easy button.

But on the flip side, Maybe they are shipping 2021 models that have been sitting in a lot waiting on one or two components (which is very highly rumored as well) This would mean they may have produced their orders for 2021, and have had an open plant to retool for 2022 changes. That's possible as well.

Understanding how Yamaha has become nearly a JIT (Just in Time) plant over the years makes sense. They have done the same in the sled business to the point of only taking spring orders on sleds to be delivered in the fall. no dealer stock. And since most are produced in the Arctic Cat plant, AC has moved to this model as well.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you trolling Yamaha Boats USA for features? I have to imagine a few someones on their dime are incognito members here ;)
Not really. But if they are around I would really like the steering cables on my 2020 Boat to work correctly!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also I was thinking that if they do bring out the 22' footer this year or next, with a sufficient price increase it will make the value on the 21' footers hold well. I still can get more than what I purchased it for OTD, but than that leads to thinking about an upgrade which the Admiral will Veto I am sure.

JohnB

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Why did that thread need to be released lol. I have deposit down on a 2021 210 model and 3rd in line now it makes me want to cancel it in hopes of this change taking place.
I went through the same thought process last year with a 24'. All I can say is that we enjoyed the boat thoroughly last year and that wouldn't have been possible waiting for a 25'er. I can always upgrade in the future.

MajorBummer210

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Why did that thread need to be released lol. I have deposit down on a 2021 210 model and 3rd in line now it makes me want to cancel it in hopes of this change taking place.
Wouldn’t cancel that...You could end up with a 21’ 7” boat with giant triangle seats on the back of it.

Pokes1789

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I went through the same thought process last year with a 24'. All I can say is that we enjoyed the boat thoroughly last year and that wouldn't have been possible waiting for a 25'er. I can always upgrade in the future.
Great thought thanks

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Also I was thinking that if they do bring out the 22' footer this year or next, with a sufficient price increase it will make the value on the 21' footers hold well. I still can get more than what I purchased it for OTD, but than that leads to thinking about an upgrade which the Admiral will Veto I am sure.
My thoughts too. For my family the 21' is plenty big, paying extra for what is most likely 6"-12" of length, probably would never be worth it to us. Especially if they don't bring back the J Seating! That being said, with Covid Related Boat Shortages and these new rumors, I'm willing to sell my 2015 212X with about 110 Hours on it for $45k!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In all honesty, whether it is 19' 21/22 24/25 footers in my mind I am not sure that it matters all that much in how we use the boat. I could use them all and the family would have a blast and good times. Sure it is nice to bring a couple more people but that is rare for us. We usually go 3 to 7 plus me in total. It would be nice to have a head compartment but beyond that everything else is a want not a need.

On the water with the family is the bare minimum, and that is where it starts from, imho.

It is easy though to get caught up in the extra's and Mod's though :rolleyes:

Seattle-Wind

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think a 16' or 17' Yamaha is a fantastic idea and would sell like hot cakes at the right price point. Other boat builders squeeze a lot of space out of a relatively small 16' length/platform (look at the Tahoe T16 for example). It would be so easy to store and trailer. We had a SeaDoo Speedster 150 for 13 seasons (same hull and similar design to the Scarab 165), great boat, but it was absolutely tiny with no storage space. Yamaha could design a 16' or 17' boat with literally 3x the amount of interior space as the Scarab 165 and it would likely be cheaper to buy. The Scarabs are very expensive with many 165 trims having an MSRP over $30K.

The one thing that the small Scarab has going over a small Yamaha is the "fun factor" though. Our AR190 is an absolute dog and is in no-way fun to drive, especially compared to our Speedster, which was so fun in the turns. It's also so unresponsive around the dock, even with steering fins. The Speedster had such a tight lock-to-lock steering wheel turning radius, I think that contributed to its responsiveness at slow speeds and cruising speeds. Yamaha could learn something from SeaDoo/Scarab in this regard. It would make the boats a lot more fun to drive. If Yamaha is going to produce a smaller boat, I sure hope it's fun-to-drive factor is better than their larger offerings.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
They have to change the 21's as I just got a 2021, however not sure a 22' would work for me. I have the length but if they change to the wonky tower design and make the boat deeper I'm not sure it would fit in my garage. I only have a few inches to spare right now without the wakeboard racks on it, the Monster racks with the quick release are really going to come in handy. At this point just happy to have a bigger boat that fits in my garage, if a 22' would fit height wise I might have an issue.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They have to change the 21's as I just got a 2021, however not sure a 22' would work for me. I have the length but if they change to the wonky tower design and make the boat deeper I'm not sure it would fit in my garage. I only have a few inches to spare right now without the wakeboard racks on it, the Monster racks with the quick release are really going to come in handy. At this point just happy to have a bigger boat that fits in my garage, if a 22' would fit height wise I might have an issue.
That is a very valid point. The 21' footers barely fit in a lot of peoples garages. Anything longer or taller would present a problem, and possible adoption rate.

4ukwildcata

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This is way more likely reality. How can you contemplate re-tooling a plant and rely on new components. When offering up BNG on a 2022 would be the easy button.

But on the flip side, Maybe they are shipping 2021 models that have been sitting in a lot waiting on one or two components (which is very highly rumored as well) This would mean they may have produced their orders for 2021, and have had an open plant to retool for 2022 changes. That's possible as well.

Understanding how Yamaha has become nearly a JIT (Just in Time) plant over the years makes sense. They have done the same in the sled business to the point of only taking spring orders on sleds to be delivered in the fall. no dealer stock. And since most are produced in the Arctic Cat plant, AC has moved to this model as well.
I wouldn’t necessarily think that standing pat is a benefit. I’m in a little different industry, so not sure if it would apply, but we are actually redesigning some of our products and trying to work around some of the tightest chip set issues (where we can obviously). Touchscreens are a thorn either why you cut it. In addition, we are looking at vendors to provide more reliable supply chain, especially outside of China. This has also allowed us to redesign and launch new models.

it seems counterintuitive, and like I said, totally different industry.

BTW. New to the forum. on a list for a AR210 2022 model, so currently no boat. EDIT now on a waitlist for AR250 ‘21 model. Confirmed boat .... we‘ll see.

Last edited:

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A 16 or 17 foot boat with a single TR1 engine would be a dog! I have a VX Deluxe as a second ski and the TR1 barley gets it to 50MPH. A single TR1 would probably push a 17ft to about 35 with a light load. Probably be good on gas though. I’d think it should be priced in the low $20k. I do think that the 1.8l is due for a replacement but like others have said, the thing is rock solid now and they finally got all the kinks worked out of it. I have heard that the 21ft boats will be getting an upgrade also, how cool would it be for the 22s to be 22ft (or 21.5). I don’t know if I’d want a SVHO engine though. My GPR SVHO with a tune and a few extras will last maybe an hour on a full 18 gallon tank (totally worth it though)! Since I stop and eat at all the crappy bars along the river a head compartment Is a must for me and I’ll stick with the 250!

Pokes1789

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That is a very valid point. The 21' footers barely fit in a lot of peoples garages. Anything longer or taller would present a problem, and possible adoption rate.
Been a few weeks with not much talked about on this thread. HangOutdoors you heard anymore rumors floating around?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
None. All quiet for now. Have a funny feeling since there are a lot of boats left unfinished that it may be quite some time before we see any 2022's.

Pokes1789

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
None. All quiet for now. Have a funny feeling since there are a lot of boats left unfinished that it may be quite some time before we see any 2022's.
Yea that gonna be a bummer as mine just got cut on this last wave of cuts.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Pokes1789 Call around, maybe there becomes one available. Someone's financing can fall through or they can back out or they found another boat somewhere. You never know.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length