• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 Model Rumors

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have heard the same or similar rumor's now from multiple sources, mostly from IT people that are in and around my tech circle. Please understand that I have no verifiable facts and these may not be true. But is is fun to talk about "What If's".

Here is what I have heard in multiple channels whom deal with Yamaha in some way. I won't out them since it may not be accurate and I don't want to get anyone in trouble if they shouldn't be sharing.

This is for Model year 2022 or 2023. Maybe some this year or none at all. This is a compilation of them, not all from the same source or conversation.
  1. The 21 foot models will be discontinued and it will be going to 22 foot. Adding larger Gas Tanks (same as on the 25') and head compartments as well as different side windows, like the 25' footers and same back seats. Possible engine change to the effect of only 1.8's in the 22' models. Prices will be adjusted up.
  2. Towers will be changed on the new model.
  3. New dash configuration.
  4. Engine changes are in the works. (No Idea what this meant).
  5. Possible changes to the new 22 foot FSH.... No further info given.
  6. Connext will be bigger on the 22' base models, unlike the small one on the SX/AR 210's currently.
  7. Introduction of a 16' or 17' model, bow rider, with the TR-1, single engine (not the 1.8). Low price point to tap a market for smaller inland waters. Estimated mid to high 20's. A good starter boat.
  8. Something to do with NMEA that I didn't quite understand.
  9. 19', 25' and 27' models will be the first to come out with the 22' and 16' later, similar to last year with Sept.-November release.

Again, I am not sure how much of it is valid if any of it. Although I heard through the same channels last year about the 25' footers in late May/June.

We are a couple few months of finding out I would guess, officially. Perhaps some of the changes to go into plans till 2023.

Has anyone else heard or read of anything? What would be cool for changes in the coming year(s), taking into account Yamaha's history of making changes?

It will be interesting too see when they release the information on how many of the above where accurate.

Last edited:

Jjones-stevens_2020

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow! Maybe it was a blessing that I wasn’t able to secure a 2021 AR210...looking forward to seeing this thread develop as we hear more. Thanks for the insights @HangOutdoors !

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jjones-stevens_2020 Please remember that this is all conjecture and hearsay that I got. I wouldn't base your boat buying on this information until Yamaha decides to release all the Factual Information to the dealers this summer.

I would estimate, in my own limited knowledge, that if they do go to the 22' with those type of changes, you will be paying in the 50's for it.

Jjones-stevens_2020

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Jjones-stevens_2020 Please remember that this is all conjecture and hearsay that I got. I wouldn't base your boat buying on this information until Yamaha decides to release all the Factual Information to the dealers this summer.
Definitely, I understood that just playing on the hopeful side of the fence that this is accurate and a good reason I wasn’t able to find a new boat :)

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Man, boat lust is real. I've said it before. I love love love my 242. But that extra foot on the 25 footers! want want want!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@tabbibus Those 25' footers are very nice. I do have boat envy:) But what comes next? They bump 27' to 29' and the 25' becomes 26' with an 8.5 beam in 4 or 5 years????? I can see how this becomes unhealthy. I now care about things I didn't even know I did or existed.:rolleyes:

Lucky I paid for kids tuitions and am done already otherwise they may have come up short on the higher education. LOL

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Pretty good guesses, and 8-10 years on a hull is a good run.

NMEA may be they get rid of their proprietary language/encryption to be more of a standard for third party integration and use.
225x or 215x with twin SuperCharged and just as popular would be the return of the SS in 225 or 215SS fashion. We need a speed demon in the fleet.
That would also explain a potential need for a larger fuel tank in that sized boat.
Small boats will be debatable. If anything, Yamaha has proven that the 190 series is more than entry level for this market. Anything smaller makes little sense, unless the market has changed, like a competitor in that space has gone away.
I would doubt we see much for engine changes, as Yamaha being an engine company makes slow and very strategic moves when it comes to the motors. They are rock solid right now, and adding SuperChargers in other places may be the only changes there yet for a while.
All good guesses through.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Thanks for sharing!

All the stuff about the 21 foot model being discontinued for a 22 foot model that more closely mimics the design of the 25 and 27 footers seems like it's inevitable, just a matter of whether it's for 2022 or 2023.

Interesting they'd consider a 16 or 17 foot model; I guess there's a decent chance that Scarab (and their 165) won't be around much longer.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I dunno, a 17 footer seems awful small. But if it does come about and it is in the 20's could be a big hit.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I dunno, a 17 footer seems awful small. But if it does come about and it is in the 20's could be a big hit.
Yamaha used to make a 17 foot model....if they put in a 1.8L SVHO or twin engines in it they'd replicate their old Exciter! Those things were rockets!

I think Yamaha will be lucky to be able to assemble the boats they currently have on order given the parts shortages across the industries. No reason they couldn't mess with hulls while they wait. Standardizing on fewer engine models makes sense. NEMA would be nice, especially if the engines can connect (which would be the primary benefit - one could get engine info on my Garmin!).

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Its actually only 6 inches longer than your 242
Hey. Size matters ok. Haha. It’s not so much the LOA as it is the new hill design and interior.

Pokes1789

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Why did that thread need to be released lol. I have deposit down on a 2021 210 model and 3rd in line now it makes me want to cancel it in hopes of this change taking place.

NewGuy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Why did that thread need to be released lol. I have deposit down on a 2021 210 model and 3rd in line now it makes me want to cancel it in hopes of this change taking place.
In this market you could probably sell your place in line.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wouldn't. If the changes take place this year, it may be good to wait a year till they work out the kinks. Also what if they make the changes in 2023? I see the prices going up good as well.

No Idea, just was sharing what I have come across in conversations over the last couple months or so. No way to tell.

Pokes1789

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wouldn't. If the changes take place this year, it may be good to wait a year till they work out the kinks. Also what if they make the changes in 2023? I see the prices going up good as well.

No Idea, just was sharing what I have come across in conversations over the last couple months or so. No way to tell.
Yea I know you don’t know for certain. Just makes the decision making a little harder that’s all. I appreciate the post for sure.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
So my 2021 212SE with 6 hrs. just became a classic. This is the only year for SE.

Maineiac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
With the parts shortage and COVID related shutdowns I wonder if Yamaha keeps things the way they are for 2022 and makes the moves in the 2023 MY.

Robconn

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I stopped by the sales office at the marina. The salesman that sold me my Yamaha was skeptical that he would have new inventory to sell this year and he possibly may have a limited inventory for 22. He said for now he only has a used boats for sale. I hope he’s wrong.

Quad

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Are you trolling Yamaha Boats USA for features? I have to imagine a few someones on their dime are incognito members here ;)