• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 Model Rumors

mgsmith73

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Put your information down anywhere you are willing to drive. That’s how I got an AR250. The person buying it had their financing fall through.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
None. All quiet for now. Have a funny feeling since there are a lot of boats left unfinished that it may be quite some time before we see any 2022's.
Those unfinished boats may become model year 2021.5, sold as 2022. All they need to do is change the graphics and charge 15% more, bam instant model year 2022.

Yambers

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You cant convince me that people are not "boat hungry" for anything they can get their hands on if someone is willing to pay $22k for an ugly duckling like this, which is currently pending sale. Only lasted 1-2 days at the dealer before it was snagged up.

1622227237592.png

AVMogul

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have heard the same or similar rumor's now from multiple sources, mostly from IT people that are in and around my tech circle. Please understand that I have no verifiable facts and these may not be true. But is is fun to talk about "What If's".

Here is what I have heard in multiple channels whom deal with Yamaha in some way. I won't out them since it may not be accurate and I don't want to get anyone in trouble if they shouldn't be sharing.

This is for Model year 2022 or 2023. Maybe some this year or none at all. This is a compilation of them, not all from the same source or conversation.
  1. The 21 foot models will be discontinued and it will be going to 22 foot. Adding larger Gas Tanks (same as on the 25') and head compartments as well as different side windows, like the 25' footers and same back seats. Possible engine change to the effect of only 1.8's in the 22' models. Prices will be adjusted up.
  2. Towers will be changed on the new model.
  3. New dash configuration.
  4. Engine changes are in the works. (No Idea what this meant).
  5. Possible changes to the new 22 foot FSH.... No further info given.
  6. Connext will be bigger on the 22' base models, unlike the small one on the SX/AR 210's currently.
  7. Introduction of a 16' or 17' model, bow rider, with the TR-1, single engine (not the 1.8). Low price point to tap a market for smaller inland waters. Estimated mid to high 20's. A good starter boat.
  8. Something to do with NMEA that I didn't quite understand.
  9. 19', 25' and 27' models will be the first to come out with the 22' and 16' later, similar to last year with Sept.-November release.

Again, I am not sure how much of it is valid if any of it. Although I heard through the same channels last year about the 25' footers in late May/June.

We are a couple few months of finding out I would guess, officially. Perhaps some of the changes to go into plans till 2023.

Has anyone else heard or read of anything? What would be cool for changes in the coming year(s), taking into account Yamaha's history of making changes?

It will be interesting too see when they release the information on how many of the above where accurate.
When do you think Yamaha will start to release the 2022 models on their website beside taking 2022 orders?

sleili

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
August 17th is the date.
My dealer told me the 19th is the date for the national dealers meeting. Will the info be released prior to that or did I get misinformation? Also, I’ve had a 252 FSH on order since April and was just told by my dealer that Yamaha will not be making any more 2021 Models so anyone with an unfulfilled 2021 order will be getting a 2022 model which he thinks will push back my expected delivery date. Part of the reason I put the deposit down was that I was first on the list for that model. Very disappointing.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@sleili Yamaha has stopped making 2021 over a few weeks ago and they are just clearing up anything that was waiting for parts that they had on their lots and shipping them. Some boats have been showing up to those whom have ordered here and there.

Info usually doesn't get released on the new model till it gets released to all their dealers at the dealer show which is mid August, and they all get it at the same time. Of course some rumors fly around and possible small tidbits come out.

Not sure what being 1st on the list is..... I have seen hundreds of posts here and all over different social groups that indicated someone was first in the country or at their dealership, etc. etc. I truly think most of that is BS and it is something dealers spew out. Take it with a grain of salt.

As far as getting a 2022 Model, no way to tell when they will arrive. There are still issues in the pipeline for them getting parts to finish what they have in 2021's so that is going to affect the 2022's and their production. Some dealers, which is far more realistic, are projecting October/November. Also there have been discussions of anywhere from 3% to 10% increase on the boat prices for 2022's.

I know it is not great and it sucks that you weren't able to get your boat in. No doubt I would be bummed out to. But it was a pandemic and there where issues and STILL ARE that no once could have foreseen. It would have been better if Yamaha had better communication though, it has been not good on that front.

sleili

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
@sleili Yamaha has stopped making 2021 over a few weeks ago and they are just clearing up anything that was waiting for parts that they had on their lots and shipping them. Some boats have been showing up to those whom have ordered here and there.

Info usually doesn't get released on the new model till it gets released to all their dealers at the dealer show which is mid August, and they all get it at the same time. Of course some rumors fly around and possible small tidbits come out.

Not sure what being 1st on the list is..... I have seen hundreds of posts here and all over different social groups that indicated someone was first in the country or at their dealership, etc. etc. I truly think most of that is BS and it is something dealers spew out. Take it with a grain of salt.

As far as getting a 2022 Model, no way to tell when they will arrive. There are still issues in the pipeline for them getting parts to finish what they have in 2021's so that is going to affect the 2022's and their production. Some dealers, which is far more realistic, are projecting October/November. Also there have been discussions of anywhere from 3% to 10% increase on the boat prices for 2022's.

I know it is not great and it sucks that you weren't able to get your boat in. No doubt I would be bummed out to. But it was a pandemic and there where issues and STILL ARE that no once could have foreseen. It would have been better if Yamaha had better communication though, it has been not good on that front.
Thanks for this! It’s good info. As far as the list goes, the dealership I put my deposit in at has kept a sequential roster As people have put in deposits. They the attempt to fulfill the orders in the order in which they were received. So, I was the first to put a deposit down at my dealer for a 2022 252 FSH. They we’re very clear that this is in no way a guarantee a date, just a good faith effort on their part.

I totally understand the supply chain issues and am not faulting that. Im just a little frustrated that they appear to have made the decision to convert some of these orders to the newer model. I’d probably be even more upset if I was the one who is having my order changed and price increased. Upset is probably a bit of an overstatement as well. Bummed may be a better word. I’m taking the time to order all of the other goodies to outfit the boat so I’m still having fun on that front!

My dealer said to expect around 7-10% increase in price because they undervalued the boats a little for the first model year so I’m good with that. He’s still giving me hope with a Sept-Oct timeframe but I’m setting my sights on hopefully being able to have it by December. I figure that sets me up for less disappointment in the short term!

Thanks again for all the solid advice and I’m looking forward to mid August to really get this thread buzzing!

Steamer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My neighbor pulled in late last night with a 2022 210 FSH!!!! We live in NC and he picked the boat up in South FL. Beautiful boat, hull is a grey color. Dealer also sold a 2022 FSH 255 to a guy in CA. He‘s confident that 255 sold for $93k. My neighbor signed a non-disclosure, valid until the 19th of this month so he wouldn’t say much. He forbid me from taking any pictures, due to the agreement. I called my dealer in SC today and I was told that (2) 2022 255’s came in last week but were given to buyers that never received their 2021’s. I’m supposedly third in line for a 2022 now. My dealer said, “Your boat could come in next week or next spring, we just don’t know.”. Frustrated.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wondering if there are any changes or just new colors.

Steamer

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Wondering if there are any changes or just new colors.
I truly don’t know. Our conversation was 5 min. I popped my shoes off and did a quick walk aboard the boat. I’m a hopeful 255 buyer, and don’t know much about the 210, or enough to spot differences….sorry. The gray color was nice. He said someone ahead of him on the list passed on the color, which is how he ended up with the boat. I’ll do o drive by in the morning and snap a photo so everyone can see the color.

ccwakerider

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I am stunned (but VERY pleased!) that dealers are selling out of state, and more importantly “out of their assigned Yamaha territories”. When I found a new 2021 255 FSH this late spring, the dealer said he would get in trouble with Yamaha for selling to me as I was not in his area. Against better judgement, I even offered some additional monies to be sent to my local dealer if that would help, and the selling dealer said it was “too risky for them/him” and would not do it, as he had heard of dealers losing their Yamaha brand for selling out of territory and he was basically frightened of Yamaha. I don’t like that Yamaha was forcing this issue (2 other dealers told me this exact same thing in my searches this year), as it catches us (the product consumer and users) in the cross hairs. My Yamaha assigned dealer is terrible, and I will not purchase from them because they are not professional and don’t offer themselves as a good place to do business.

Congratulations to all whom are able to buy 2022’s right now, and also from whom you want to!!!

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I like the new color on the 2022 FSH 210, as it compliments the boat! :winkingthumbsup"

Jim

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Man, boat lust is real. I've said it before. I love love love my 242. But that extra foot on the 25 footers! want want want!
Not a full extra foot. The local Yamaha dealer told me early this spring that they're actually 24'-6".

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What would of been hot, is if they put the 1.8's in the 21' FSH.... GG

Southernerd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My neighbor pulled in late last night with a 2022 210 FSH!!!! We live in NC and he picked the boat up in South FL. Beautiful boat, hull is a grey color. Dealer also sold a 2022 FSH 255 to a guy in CA. He‘s confident that 255 sold for $93k. My neighbor signed a non-disclosure, valid until the 19th of this month so he wouldn’t say much. He forbid me from taking any pictures, due to the agreement. I called my dealer in SC today and I was told that (2) 2022 255’s came in last week but were given to buyers that never received their 2021’s. I’m supposedly third in line for a 2022 now. My dealer said, “Your boat could come in next week or next spring, we just don’t know.”. Frustrated.
Check dealer in Jacksonville. They had one last week if it isn't sold.

Sparker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What would of been hot, is if they put the 1.8's in the 21' FSH.... GG
I think you are on to something! Ive had a 210 on pre-order since April. Yesterday they sent me the buyer order. Take a look at what they wrote on the form.

Attachments