• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 Yamaha 210 FSH Sport anchor

tradenpaint

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Does anyone have any feedback/link for an anchor? I don't fell like the one that the dealership included (smallest in pic) with the boat is large enough. I have another but the anchor storage door will not close when it's in the anchor storage. I feel like the anchor on the bottom of the pic (attached) is more along the lines of what I'm needing as far as size. I thought about trimming the the flaps above the rod to make it fit but I don't think I can take enough off before the anchor looses it's integrity. TIA

Attachments

• anchors.jpg
    anchors.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
I have a slip ring type of fluke anchor, like the small one pictured, it is 9# and I have a small one 5# that I used for a while as my main anchor, but now it is used for a stern anchor. Sea Choice is a good anchor that can be found on Amazon.

The nice thing about the slip ring is that it can be retrieved if it gets hung up.

The type of anchor depends on the bottom of water you are in. I’m sure there will be other posts here talking about the different types of anchors.

I assume mine is like your smaller picture because it fits in the locker.

That one works ok for me if I’m on a sandy or rocky bottom. It takes a lot of fooling around and a huge amount of rope to get it to stick in a muddy bottom. The t-top and the broad sides of the boat catch a lot more wind than I would have expected.

this summer I picked up a 16lb weighted mushroom anchor. It has been working much better for me. I am typically in fresh water and relatively shallow when I anchor, 20 ft or less. If I had to haul that up 100’ from the depths it would be a lot.

I assume mine is like your smaller picture because it fits in the locker.

That one works ok for me if I’m on a sandy or rocky bottom. It takes a lot of fooling around and a huge amount of rope to get it to stick in a muddy bottom. The t-top and the broad sides of the boat catch a lot more wind than I would have expected.

this summer I picked up a 16lb weighted mushroom anchor. It has been working much better for me. I am typically in fresh water and relatively shallow when I anchor, 20 ft or less. If I had to haul that up 100’ from the depths it would be a lot.

How much chain do you have on?

The rule of thumb is the length of boat in chain. I have 21’ of 5/16” stainless chain on mine. The purpose of that chain is to keep the anchor‘s stem parallel with the bottom. Rode length Is at least 4:1, so in 20’ of water you should have 80’ of rode out. More rode in wavy conditions.

And yes mine fits in the anchor locker just fine, I did have to trim a bit off of each end of the small rod though.

Last edited:
Get a Fortress FX-7 . If you cut 1/2" off each side of the stock (crossbar) it will fit in the factory spot fine. Great holding and lightweight. Make sure you use at least 4' of chain and put out the proper scope. I also have a Fortress on my 28' Sailboat.

category_id=108112&catalogitemid=124403

I’ve only got about 4’ of chain.

80’ of line is a lot if the wind is variable. I guess it’s a functional trade off for having a lighter weight anchor.

I’ve only got about 4’ of chain.

80’ of line is a lot if the wind is variable. I guess it’s a functional trade off for having a lighter weight anchor.

Here’s a link to West Marines advice on anchors and rodes.

Selecting an Anchor Rode | West Marine

For me, the anchor is also a safety device. A properly set up anchor will mean the difference between staying off the rocks and not, should you encounter engine trouble or need to otherwise stay put on the water in less than favorable conditions. I have my lighter / stern anchor to use in mild / calm conditions as a main anchor, it’s light weight and super easy to use. My heavier one is for extended stays using a med tie set up as the main anchor, or if I need to anchor in deeper water or if wind and waves are too much for the small one. I also have 250’ of rode, which fits easily in the locker.

Back