• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 Yamaha Boat Updates

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
There you go! I need another 1.5in for it to fit without deflating tires
Search the thread "fitting boat into 7foot garage door" shows you step by step how to lower it further.

JoeMitchem

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Sorry in advance for the long post but let me explain it, as I understand it...
I actually appreciate the long post, it was very informative to myself and others. I definitely get the process but in some ways that makes it a little more confusing as to why Yamaha cant predict output. I know this is slightly different that when I've custom ordered cars in the past but in more ways than not its similar.

Given the fact that there is absolutely no customization available on these boats that essentially makes each model a cookie cutter of the other. The first 2022 255XD is going to be the same as the last 2022 255XD. They don't have to customize output based upon any variable. Basically each Yamaha model has 2 color schemes and some have 2 interior choices, that's it. They dont come in each morning and decide what they are going to build that day, they already know. I guarantee that Yamaha internally already knows exactly what boats they are building on the 3rd Tuesday of November 2022 with the slight exception being delays with components.

As you've said, each dealer has been allocated XYZ boats for the year. They are ordered and they are somewhere in Yamahas build que. Yamaha has an idea when these boats are being built and who they are going to. It's not entirely just a free-for-all.

Given that I am #1 at my dealer for a 255XD someone, somewhere should be able to tell me if that boat is coming to my dealer in September or April. Someone knows, they have to.

car0593

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When did you put your deposit down? I put mine done early February and have been cut twice from 2021s and I am not waiting on a 2022 AR210 with no timeline.
I placed a deposit on 7/5/2021. So I haven’t been waiting that long. I was 2nd on the list originally and I guess that person backed out so I moved up. As of last week I was a Q3 delivery but I got moved up per my dealer.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
As you've said, each dealer has been allocated XYZ boats for the year. They are ordered and they are somewhere in Yamahas build que. Yamaha has an idea when these boats are being built and who they are going to. It's not entirely just a free-for-all.

Given that I am #1 at my dealer for a 255XD someone, somewhere should be able to tell me if that boat is coming to my dealer in September or April. Someone knows, they have to.
I agree with you there, you'd think Yamaha would have the logistics worked out and know for most or all of the full production year exactly which weeks they'll be building which models, which dealers are going to be getting them, etc. (with Covid-related supply chain issues being the exception, of course). And who knows, maybe they are getting better about that now and these estimates of several months out really are legit estimates from the Yamaha factory.

Coolbreeze704

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I believe there's a lot of confusion--perhaps rightfully so--about the difference between how Yamaha works and how most other boat manufacturers and most car manufacturers work. The key here is that we as consumers ARE NOT ordering boats from Yamaha. Sorry in advance for the long post but let me explain it, as I understand it...

At the beginning of the model year, all of the Yamaha dealers put in their orders for the boats they want for that year. This is the one and only time they get to put in an order with the Yamaha factory. Yamaha then fulfills their orders by shipping them the boats they ordered throughout the model year (which typically runs ~Aug to June/July). The boats can literally show up anytime in that window and the dealer usually doesn't know when they're getting it until it's about to leave the factory (i.e. a couple days before it arrives)*. Remember, the dealer is the one that ordered the boat, not us. As customers, when we put a deposit down with a dealer all that means is the dealer is earmarking for us one of the boats they've already ordered. When they receive that boat, they call us up and say "Good news, your boat has arrived!" and we go there to take possession. Unlike the Corvette example above, Yamaha is not making a boat specifically for us; the Yamaha factory doesn't have our name and they don't have any idea who we are. This is why there's no tracking when "our" boat is going to show up.

For those wondering why Yamaha does it this way when it keeps the customers in the dark, remember this process worked really well in the pre-Covid era when dealers didn't typically have deposits in hand with customers lined up waiting on boats to arrive. Normally, the boats would just randomly show up throughout the model year and go into inventory on the salesroom floor until a customer walked by and decided they liked it and wanted to bring it home.

* SIDE NOTE: my boat arrived on a Friday morning last fall, my dealer found out on Thursday afternoon that it was being sent from the factory...literally less than 24 hours notice. This is typical for Yamaha dealers, they find out a boat is coming when they get invoiced for it which is usually when it's leaving the factory and heading their way but sometimes can be up to a couple weeks before it ships out. That's why I have to laugh when I read statements like "my dealer said it will be here in Q3"...I hate to say it, but I'm pretty sure that's a bunch of baloney. They have no real idea, they're just trying to tell you something because people want to hear something. On the flip side, this is also why you read statements like "My dealer side my boat was going to be here in Q3 but it's showing up next week!" At least they set a reasonable expectation and happened to under-promise and over-deliver in that case...something Yamaha dealers could use more of lately.
Just wondering how many boat dealerships you owned and operated? I owned and operated large bicycle dealerships in the southeast. We places large orders every fall for the up coming model year. These are all to be floored and not allocated to a customer. To say they have no idea when these boats they pre ordered are estimated to come in is false. If they said your boat will be her August 4th for an order placed in March would be misleading, but to LAUGH at people who say their dealer said Q2 or 3 is laughable I have to disagree.

Now if we are questioning certain dealership or sales persons honesty to get a sale, I get it, but certainly not every dealership.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
You're free to disagree with me, I'm just writing what I've gleaned from multiple conversations with my dealer (a well respected, well known, high(ish) volume dealer) and what several others here have previously written. To be clear, I'm not laughing at people who were given some specific future date for boat delivery; I feel bad for folks having to wait months on end for their boat and not knowing exactly when or if it'll show up. What I'm laughing at is the paradox of how some dealers tell customers they just don't know when boats are going to arrive and other dealers tell customers they know approximately when to expect their boat.

If your dealer thinks your boat should be a Q3 delivery, I think it's worth asking him what that's based on? Did the Yamaha factory provide that estimate, did his sales rep at Yamaha provide that estimate, did he come to that conclusion in some other way? Like I said in a subsequent post, maybe I'm wrong and Yamaha has gotten better about telling dealers when to expect certain boats. But historically, it's been well reported that dealers are not in the know on when specific boats are going to arrive at their dealerships until just before the boat leaves the factory.

In any case, I hope your dealer has under-promised and can over-deliver for you.

EDITED TO ADD: I don't think dealers are being dishonest (at least most dealers aren't). I think the Yamaha sales reps try to provide the dealers with estimates based on their current knowledge of what's going on at the factory. But the reality is those estimates could turn out to be way off and the dealers are never really sure when a boat is coming to them until it's about to leave the factory. Some dealers more freely share those estimates with customers and may or may not portray to their customers how accurate (or inaccurate) that estimate may be. Other dealers choose not to share that estimate with customers because they know it may turn out to be wrong, which just makes a customer disgruntled.

Last edited:

Coolbreeze704

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
You're free to disagree with me, I'm just writing what I've gleaned from multiple conversations with my dealer (a well respected, well known, high(ish) volume dealer) and what several others here have previously written. To be clear, I'm not laughing at people who were given some specific future date for boat delivery; I feel bad for folks having to wait months on end for their boat and not knowing exactly when or if it'll show up. What I'm laughing at is the paradox of how some dealers tell customers they just don't know when boats are going to arrive and other dealers tell customers they know approximately when to expect their boat.

If your dealer thinks your boat should be a Q3 delivery, I think it's worth asking him what that's based on? Did the Yamaha factory provide that estimate, did his sales rep at Yamaha provide that estimate, did he come to that conclusion in some other way? Like I said in a subsequent post, maybe I'm wrong and Yamaha has gotten better about telling dealers when to expect certain boats. But historically, it's been well reported that dealers are not in the know on when specific boats are going to arrive at their dealerships until just before the boat leaves the factory.

In any case, I hope your dealer has under-promised and can over-deliver for you.

EDITED TO ADD: I don't think dealers are being dishonest (at least most dealers aren't). I think the Yamaha sales reps try to provide the dealers with estimates based on their current knowledge of what's going on at the factory. But the reality is those estimates could turn out to be way off and the dealers are never really sure when a boat is coming to them until it's about to leave the factory. Some dealers more freely share those estimates with customers and may or may not portray to their customers how accurate (or inaccurate) that estimate may be. Other dealers choose not to share that estimate with customers because they know it may turn out to be wrong, which just makes a customer disgruntled.
I think the part the irked me was the "That's why I have to laugh when I read statements like "my dealer said it will be here in Q3"...I hate to say it, but I'm pretty sure that's a bunch of baloney".
Many new people here most likely would be offended or feel stupid by that statement. As a dealer that worked much like this industry I am pretty sure if you throw out the anomaly that was 2021, a 90 day window on a preseason order is not laughable. Would be cool for you to be excited for us and supportive as a respected and established member of the forum.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Fair point. My intention wasn't to be insulting, poor word choice and/or explanation on my part.

Hopefully, the main point of the post was still helpful, namely that buying a Yamaha isn't like ordering a vehicle. The factory isn't building a specific boat for a specific customer so it can't be tracked like ordering a vehicle can. People should be aware that any estimate they get for delivery-- even a 90-day window--comes with a wide amount of uncertainty and it could show up well in advance of that estimate or well after. The dealer won't know for sure when the boat is going to show up until just before it shows up, and in some cases boats have shown up on a truck in their parking lot without them even knowing it was on the way.

Coolbreeze704

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Fair point. My intention wasn't to be insulting, poor word choice and/or explanation on my part.

Hopefully, the main point of the post was still helpful, namely that buying a Yamaha isn't like ordering a vehicle. The factory isn't building a specific boat for a specific customer so it can't be tracked like ordering a vehicle can. People should be aware that any estimate they get for delivery-- even a 90-day window--comes with a wide amount of uncertainty and it could show up well in advance of that estimate or well after. The dealer won't know for sure when the boat is going to show up until just before it shows up, and in some cases boats have shown up on a truck in their parking lot without them even knowing it was on the way.
Very true. In my case it is a preseason order slot they had open.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

When I put a deposit down on my boat last August (2020), I was told maybe end of March or April. It showed up the first week of January. I hadn't secured a storage space yet, luckily I was able to find one.

the_stiver

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Has anyone heard anything about allocations? I was just told that my dealer might only get 3 19 foot FSH boats for 2022 and might not have one for me... Doesnt seem right to me but who knows.

JoeMitchem

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Has anyone heard anything about allocations? I was just told that my dealer might only get 3 19 foot FSH boats for 2022 and might not have one for me... Doesnt seem right to me but who knows.
Every dealer should know their allocations by now so if they are saying they might not have one for you then I'd start putting your name in at a few other dealers and hope something comes along. This year is going to be another hustle trying to find enough boats for everyone.

MGR Motorsports

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Our AR195 is estimated ship date 9/13 - personally have viewed the yamaha portal to see this. Nothing about this date can be taken serious is the problem with yamaha. Our canceled 2021 AR190 had a date too.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

car0593

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Our AR195 is estimated ship date 9/13 - personally have viewed the yamaha portal to see this. Nothing about this date can be taken serious is the problem with yamaha. Our canceled 2021 AR190 had a date too.
Same ship date I got yesterday from my Dealer! I asked him how long it would take for them to receive it and he said it would be the same day since it’s only 3 hours away from our city. Hopefully nothing changes !

MGR Motorsports

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Same ship date I got yesterday from my Dealer! I asked him how long it would take for them to receive it and he said it would be the same day since it’s only 3 hours away from our city. Hopefully nothing changes !
Same distance for our dealer too that is just outside of Nashville.

DogDadDave

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone seen the Seaglass Gray AR250 in person yet? Looks great on the website and in their promo video but colors always look different when they're not filtered and cleaned up for catalog use.

Also noticed that none of the pictures or videos showed the cockpit table behind the driver's seat that the 2021s had.

car0593

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Got a call from my dealer this morning that my boat shipped on Friday. It should be at the store ready for pick up on Tuesday!

orionone

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Got a call from my dealer this morning that my boat shipped on Friday. It should be at the store ready for pick up on Tuesday!
Congrats! Which model? When did you put your deposit in?