• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2022 Yamaha Boat Updates

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
What is the Yamaha Drive Control then. I know that DRiVE is the paddles, but when I searched "yamaha drive control" only info on DRiVE comes up. What kind of clown in the marketing department approved those naming conventions.
DRiVE = Power steering and paddle shifters for low speed docking maneuvering
Yamaha Drive Control = Cruise assist buttons, No Wake Mode controls and ???? (It is NOT E-Series options like acceleration curves, GPS speed control)

Yes....they couldn't make it more confusing if they tried!

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
that lime green 255x is a badass color combo. for a wild color boat, that is the nicest one to date. cant say i like the 255x logo in the middle of the hull. that would be the first thing i would pull off but thats a hot looking boat.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
that lime green 255x is a badass color combo. for a wild color boat, that is the nicest one to date. cant say i like the 255x logo in the middle of the hull. that would be the first thing i would pull off but thats a hot looking boat.
Funny...you don't like this....I kinda do...but perhaps in person I might not??/

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
yeah its just too much. too big. smaller at the base of the tower like the other boats would be fine. i have always liked a clean look. the newer 242 limited s have always been my favorite yamaha....other than the 275 of course lol. they are sporty looking and clean.

DrPhil

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
The light clears the door, what doesn't are the "clips" for the Bimini top. I either remove them (then I'd scratch my tower) or deflate tires. I will try "extending" these cables and maybe try to lower the front of the boat when I back it up. I launched, docked and loaded without damaging anything yesterday. That was my VERY first time operating a boat and did everything with my wife. Loading the boat was scary asf lol

I am also debating the colors for my tag... Probably grey as there is some grey on the boat (small stripe and top)

Congrats on the boat!
You're 50% ahead of me. I've just launched mine and got it over to the pier/boat lift. Whacked the heck out of my hand on the winch when I prematurely released the lock. Just happy my chin wasn't in the way, and I hope I have better luck when I pull it out in the fall.

I had a boat number decal place recommend chrome for my registration numbers. What do you think?

IronJoe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Mine stays in the garage... so I need to become a pro at launching and loading! ;-)

Chrome would be nice, or maybe blue like the stripe...

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Guys need some reassurance . I am technically the 1st in line for a AR210. Dealer said the price is $52,494 + $530 PREP +$895 TAX. That doesn’t sound bad right? My thing is they are telling me they don’t expect it to arrive until January- March. That sounds way to long or is this about right?
So the boat is $49,799. Where are they coming up with $2695 extra? Or is that freight? So $3225 for freight and prep? I wouldn’t say it’s a great deal but it’s in the ballpark of everyone else.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am curious about timing too. I’m first in line for an AR250 and was told it would probably be winter some time. With some boats already being delivered, is this normal? We were cut from the 2021 list, so we’ll take it when we get it, but I was thinking that post-8/17, boats would start rolling out relatively quickly. Maybe not?
Did your dealer honor the 2021 price or did you have to pay the 2022 price?

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2022 unfortunately. In fairness, we were in line for a 21’ and when we got bumped decided to go up to the 25’. It’s a jump, but we were expecting a jump anyway with the bigger boat. Now we wait. Could be a week, could be 9 months - who knows.

Stan M

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
You're 50% ahead of me. I've just launched mine and got it over to the pier/boat lift. Whacked the heck out of my hand on the winch when I prematurely released the lock. Just happy my chin wasn't in the way, and I hope I have better luck when I pull it out in the fall.

I had a boat number decal place recommend chrome for my registration numbers. What do you think?
Be careful with the chrome lettering. I believe there's a post here somewhere of a guy who got a ticket because you couldn't read it on the water.

DanielS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Put a deposit down on an ar190 this morning, delivery in Q2/Q3.

DogDadDave

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Put a deposit down on an ar190 this morning, delivery in Q2/Q3.
I'm reading this as first half of 2022. Is that right?

We put our deposit down in May and the dealer has basically said that while our order is in, he has no clue what timing will look like.

car0593

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just got a call from my dealer. My AR210 will be delivered on 9/13 ! This is a huge surprise after they told me I wouldn’t be getting it until the 3rd quarter (Jan-March)

DanielS

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm reading this as first half of 2022. Is that right?

We put our deposit down in May and the dealer has basically said that while our order is in, he has no clue what timing will look like.

The dealers can definitely prioritize allocation and yes its all estimates since you are at the mercy of their production cycle but my dealer said Nov/Dec or January-Feb.

Coolbreeze704

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Talked to my dealer today and told him I was concerned about the ability to deliver on my deposit for an 2022 AR195. He said that the 2021 orders were a nightmare and many were cancelled. Said Yamaha has been able to adapt to this new supply chain/logistics nightmare of last year and he has confidence in their ability to navigate and forecast orders/deliveries for the 2022's. He believes the AR should be a Q3 delivery.

JoeMitchem

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
I'm playing the waiting game too and have been for almost a year now. This order process absolutely confounds me.

I've ordered multiple custom spec'd Corvettes over the years. My dealer was always able to tell me ~6 months in advance when my allocation would get picked up by GM and then able to tell me the EXACT week that my car would get built. I was also able to then know exactly when the car would leave the factory and exactly when I would get it.

I know Covid has made a mess of things but all of the dealers being absolutely left in the dark about boat production and delivery is nuts.

Ring0138

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Guys need some reassurance . I am technically the 1st in line for a AR210. Dealer said the price is $52,494 + $530 PREP +$895 TAX. That doesn’t sound bad right? My thing is they are telling me they don’t expect it to arrive until January- March. That sounds way to long or is this about right?
When did you put your deposit down? I put mine done early February and have been cut twice from 2021s and I am not waiting on a 2022 AR210 with no timeline.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When did you put your deposit down? I put mine done early February and have been cut twice from 2021s and I am not waiting on a 2022 AR210 with no timeline.
I have to be honest If I was looking at an AR210 and had to go through all that I might look at the SeaDoo Switch Cruise 230. Has about the same HP but with one engine, goes about 44 and is about $17,000 cheaper. Talked to someone that demoed one and said it handles like a jet ski, turns on a dime, has brakes, and has a self clearing to get weeds out. I’m sure a lot of people might disagree with me!

Last edited:

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I believe there's a lot of confusion--perhaps rightfully so--about the difference between how Yamaha works and how most other boat manufacturers and most car manufacturers work. The key here is that we as consumers ARE NOT ordering boats from Yamaha. Sorry in advance for the long post but let me explain it, as I understand it...

At the beginning of the model year, all of the Yamaha dealers put in their orders for the boats they want for that year. This is the one and only time they get to put in an order with the Yamaha factory. Yamaha then fulfills their orders by shipping them the boats they ordered throughout the model year (which typically runs ~Aug to June/July). The boats can literally show up anytime in that window and the dealer usually doesn't know when they're getting it until it's about to leave the factory (i.e. a couple days before it arrives)*. Remember, the dealer is the one that ordered the boat, not us. As customers, when we put a deposit down with a dealer all that means is the dealer is earmarking for us one of the boats they've already ordered. When they receive that boat, they call us up and say "Good news, your boat has arrived!" and we go there to take possession. Unlike the Corvette example above, Yamaha is not making a boat specifically for us; the Yamaha factory doesn't have our name and they don't have any idea who we are. This is why there's no tracking when "our" boat is going to show up.

For those wondering why Yamaha does it this way when it keeps the customers in the dark, remember this process worked really well in the pre-Covid era when dealers didn't typically have deposits in hand with customers lined up waiting on boats to arrive. Normally, the boats would just randomly show up throughout the model year and go into inventory on the salesroom floor until a customer walked by and decided they liked it and wanted to bring it home.

* SIDE NOTE: my boat arrived on a Friday morning last fall, my dealer found out on Thursday afternoon that it was being sent from the factory...literally less than 24 hours notice. This is typical for Yamaha dealers, they find out a boat is coming when they get invoiced for it which is usually when it's leaving the factory and heading their way but sometimes can be up to a couple weeks before it ships out. That's why I have to laugh when I read statements like "my dealer said it will be here in Q3"...I hate to say it, but I'm pretty sure that's a bunch of baloney. They have no real idea, they're just trying to tell you something because people want to hear something. On the flip side, this is also why you read statements like "My dealer side my boat was going to be here in Q3 but it's showing up next week!" At least they set a reasonable expectation and happened to under-promise and over-deliver in that case...something Yamaha dealers could use more of lately.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
That is precisely how i understand the process as well. Thats basically what my sales guy told me when i ordered mine last august.