• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2023 Model Info and 22' Model Info

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I went to the Metro Boat Show this evening with the Admiral. Saw some 2022 Yamaha's and some 2023 Yamaha's available and in stock. I have pictures in another thread. Also ran into an associate whom has dished me info this year and all of it was spot on so far about Yamaha's and their 22' models.

Some Pictures

He indicated that they have a 225 coming out that will be super charged. It is slated for next year. 2 Models, 1 Wake and 1 not, Full trim level is still being worked on. And then possibly a roll over to something in the 25' category. After next year the 25' will have body change and other changes for 2025 (coming out summer of 2024). He indicated that the performance that he has personally seen feels lacking on the 222's compared to the 212, etc. So take it for what it is worth. He and I spoke about why that may be and he believes it is the longer hull and the rear hull shape and additional weight. The weight is spread toward the bow more and it is keeping more of the hull in contact with the water at WOT. Which as we all know creates drag and reduces top end. He indicated that 44 MPH is about it on the 222 models with minimal compliment.

Also, it appears that there are 22' models on the way to two Michigan dealers at this point. 222s and AR220 which should show up in the next couple of weeks. If they do I have been invited to come and look at one dealer and take some very detailed pictures when they arrive. I really wanted to check the 22' FSH but no updates on when those will be, being delivered.

That is all I got.....

EDIT: Also the Admiral and I were standing looking at some large center consoles and man and his wife(probably) were talking a bit loud in the boat next to us with a salesman and she pulled out her check book and was writing a check for $528,000 to purchase the boat. Wanted the salesman to pull the boat and take it back and hold on to it so they could pick it up in the spring. The Admiral turned to me and said WTF???? Are you kidding me. You are slacking I guess. Get to work:) I told her not in this lifetime could or would we ever be able to do that.....

Last edited:
I talked to a dealer in Florida yesterday and they said 2022 22' deliveries aren't expected until February or March at the earliest. They said Yamaha was still working on final tooling tweaks after feedback on the prototype models.

I talked to a dealer in Florida yesterday and they said 2022 22' deliveries aren't expected until February or March at the earliest. They said Yamaha was still working on final tooling tweaks after feedback on the prototype models.

We will see what shows up I guess. Perhaps your dealers deliveries may not come till then. I will be getting a call when they do so I can personally go see them. I was a bit surprised at that info from more than one dealer, especially since I am not in the market for those models, so no reason to sell me. Additionally I have business relationships with them through work as well, actually many dealers in the area. No point in tendering false information.

Last edited:
The 22' boats should be in production now with the exception of the 22' FSH models. The 22' FSH models will not start showing up until early spring. Expect to see the very first production boats at the Miami Boat Show.

Thanks for sharing this info. Your contacts comments around the performance on the 22’s “lacking” compared to the outgoing 21’s does align with what I noticed from the limited data points that have been published.

Looking at the performance data from Boating Magazine & Boat Test for the 222 FSH Sport E, it seems that the 1.8’s don’t really get the hull out of the water until north of 5k RPMs. Similar to the TR-1s in the 210 FSH Sport. Since there was no 1.8L in the 210 FSH, I included a reference of the 212 Limited, where at 5K RPMs the boat was at optimal cruise.

Has one thinking how will the 220’s perform with the TR-1s…

I know, limited data points, so just inferring…

EBD8373A-9477-474C-B299-BD9A976A8F3C.jpeg

* Edited visual, as @FSH 210 Sport pointed out, I initially had the incorrect data displayed for the 210 FSH Sport (lower left).

Last edited:
Well. I do believe performance is going to be lacking on the 220 models. Perhaps not as big nor as important on the 220 FSH Sport. It is a couple hundred pounds lighter and is a more purpose driven boat, if you are out for fishing.

I think the AR220 and the SX220 could have some disappointing performance numbers. Also I believe that the 222's with a decent compliment will suffer the same. Conversely I have been on a 212 and felt the performance and top end was fantastic.

I guess it comes down to what boxes need to be checked for purchasers and what/how they plan to use the boats.

Would be interesting to see how Yamaha positions the 225, which would have the twin Supercharged versions. Maybe get rid of the TR-1's from the lineup of 22' boats. Since they could be more underpowered and suffer more performance issues as these boats get continually heavier.

EDIT: As I have opinioned before, in inland lakes that are not large, maybe upto a couple miles or so. I am not sure how important it is that you are going from a 40 mph boat to a 51 mph boat unless that is your thing to go fast. On open water, such as the Great Lakes, Reservoirs, Big Inland Water, Bays, Oceans, etc. It does make a difference when you need to go long distances and/or have a full boat. Last weekend I ran 38 miles from the launch, across LSC up the St. Clair river heading toward Port Huron till I got bored and turned around. I was hitting 42 MPH in the river on GPS. Another 10 MPH would felt better :) Especially if a Storm started rolling in.

Last edited:
That’s some good info on the 2023 models and what’s coming down the road. Without the ability to trim the bow up, it makes sense what you and your colleague theorized about top end performance. Having Said that, was there any discussion about the ride quality being improved with the more forward weight bias? From what I’ve read here that’s the main reason folks put trim tabs on their Yamahas, to push the bow down and put the sharper angle of entry into the waves.

That’s some good info on the 2023 models and what’s coming down the road. Without the ability to trim the bow up, it makes sense what you and your colleague theorized about top end performance. Having Said that, was there any discussion about the ride quality being improved with the more forward weight bias? From what I’ve read here that’s the main reason folks put trim tabs on their Yamahas, to push the bow down and put the sharper angle of entry into the waves.

We didn't really talk about ride quality.

I did put the trim tabs on for that reason. But only deploy them when needed. When trim tabs are engaged even slightly my top end drops 3-4mph on smooth water. Of course there really isn't a need to deploy them on smooth water. I usually start using them 1' chop or more when I have to cross long distances, especially with the Admiral on board so she isn't beat up with the pounding. Once I am in 2' or more, there is not point in using them since I am not on plane any how and not launching off waves. But it also depends on the Wave Height and the Timing of the waves when and how much I deploy them.

Last edited:
We didn't really talk about ride quality.

I did put the trim tabs on for that reason. But only deploy them when needed. When trim tabs are engaged even slightly my top end drops 3-4mph on smooth water. Of course there really isn't a need to deploy them on smooth water. I usually start using them 1' chop or more when I have to cross long distances, especially with the Admiral on board so she isn't beat up with the pounding. Once I am in 2' or more, there is not point in using them since I am not on plane any how and not launching off waves.

Right on, thanks for the info!

I was watching a vid the other day with the main guy from Grady White and he was talking about trim tabs and their usage, he stated that he uses the outboards to set his running angle as they don’t produce the drag that trim tabs do. He mainly uses them to correct heel / list while running, something that I would use them for if they were on my boat with people on board.

There is what I call a day cruiser that I see once in a while that is jet powered at my local lake that has a jet nozzle that can be articulated vertically to trim the boat, pretty big rooster tail when he is just cruising around.

The test that that boat test just did on the 2023 FSH 222 Sport E was not on par with what I expect from them.
https://boattest.com/boats/yamaha/222-fsh-2023 It was done by a different Capt and did not include the usual detail about how the boat the ran, and I would like to think Capt Steve would have noted how the newer hull ran in the water. The attached video is an old one talking about Yamaha jet boats, perhaps there is a video forthcoming that will be what I’ve come to expect out of boat test.

When talking about “performance” are we referring to top end speed only? I agree with the earlier comment. For most lake use and water sports use there is no need to be able to go 40-50 mph on the water.

Well the only real metric I have heard negatively so far is top speed and possibly storage feels smaller. As far as handling in actual scenario's will most likely have to wait till people start getting them into their hands and using them in different conditions and use cases.

Well the only real metric I have heard negatively so far is top speed and possibly storage feels smaller. As far as handling in actual scenario's will most likely have to wait till people start getting them into their hands and using them in different conditions and use cases.
I agree. For me top speed is not important.

I agree. For me top speed is not important.
But remember it is not just Top Speed. Put 8-10 adults in the boat and it could suffer tremendously. We really won't have solid info till people start using them. I do like the interior changes and higher freeboard. Hopefully things shake out well.

Last edited:
Back