• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 FSH - Lectrotab Trim Tabs

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just call Russ from Lectrotab he knows what foobar got the information is up above for Russ

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That is what Foobar got I got that from him, I ordered 12” by 12” bent down because they were in stock, they would have to make to 10 by 14 and it would have been a few weeks. They work great.

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
@Foobar - May I get a copy of your order from Lectrotab? Wanting to get in on the group buy with your specs. Thanks
Rob, I sent a copy via PM.

JollyRoger57

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
We had a daughter named Dawn born on September 1st, 1995 that died the same day. Hence, September Dawn.
My daughter died at 27. Three years ago, I wanted to name my boat “Amanda Marie “ in her honor, but my wife felt like it would always bring people down. I didn’t go with the name because of that. I will always love and remember fondly my daughter. I think that’s a beautiful name for your boat! God bless

JollyRoger57

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I ran the boat today.

- The tabs definitely help the boat get on plane faster and at a lower RPM. I can also stay on plane at a lower speed. I won't have it in larger seas until tomorrow. I will provide feedback on that later.

- The boat with no steering system (Cobra or JBP) has some bow wander at low speeds. With either the JBP or Cobras the bow wander was reduced. With the trim tabs and the JBP fins there is ZERO bow wander. Straight as a damn arrow.

- I only did limited testing on this as it was just me on the boat, but I did notice the ALS automatically correcting the list if I moved to one side of the boat.

- The ALS does automatically deploy the tabs during the hole shot. Once on plane they retract and level the ride.

- The tabs automatically retract when you shut the engine down. (I did the optional ignition sensor wiring.)
Yes. Russ at Lectrotab can hook you up. Now that they have built once, he can easily get a set to you.
can you send me the info on the tabs as well? Thanks much

wahoowah

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Those that have installed the trim tabs, how did you wire the controller to the boat power? I've only ever attached things to the acc switches so far

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I installed a relay/fuse at the battery switch that is triggered when the motor is running. Then I ran the wire to the console. If the have the ALC like I have you really don't need the relay. It will shut down when it senses you quit moving

wahoowah

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
So you ran the wires all the way back to the battery switch?

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I setup an ACC power block in the changing room using a relay.

wahoowah

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah, looking at it right now, shorter distance than expected. Any tricks to getting the cover off the battery switch? Wanted to look inside and see what type of connectors I'll need but it doesn't want to seem to come off even after removing the screws

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There are a bunch of little screws on the corners of each cube

wahoowah

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There are a bunch of little screws on the corners of each cube
Yeah, I removed those (see above), still didn't come off. I'll mess with it more tomorrow

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah, looking at it right now, shorter distance than expected. Any tricks to getting the cover off the battery switch? Wanted to look inside and see what type of connectors I'll need but it doesn't want to seem to come off even after removing the screws
1/2 " i.d ring terminal

JollyRoger57

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
For the love of ... don't use 5200. Use 4000.
Just wondering if you have had any issues with the trim tabs? I had my 210FSH in for some minor warranty work and asked the dealership if they install trim tabs, they told me Yamaha doesn’t recommend them so therefore they don’t install them. Have you heard anything like this?

motomandan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just wondering if you have had any issues with the trim tabs? I had my 210FSH in for some minor warranty work and asked the dealership if they install trim tabs, they told me Yamaha doesn’t recommend them so therefore they don’t install them. Have you heard anything like this?
You need a new dealer! Where does Yamaha not recommend them? My FSH210 was transformed into a much better boat all the way around. You dealer probably does not have qualified personnel to install them. I was in the Boat business for 1/2 my working life.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Hands down put the tabs on. Even if you don’t care about rough water improvement, just the fact that I can level my boat makes all the difference. No more musical chairs to balance the vessel if you have more weight on one side.

Grassman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
For those that have trim tabs what is the lowest speed you can run on plane with them down? I'm looking to use them for high speed trolling 12-15mph.