• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

25 Footers Are Leaving The Factory!

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Man I totally agree. That poor integration on the tower and the misfit cutouts on the side windows is killing the momentum for me on the 250s. I was saying in another thread that it has to be the result of an engineering audible on some COVID parts related issue. More than likely we’ve identified the early release delays on the 250s. The original towers and windshields couldn't make deadlines.
For multiple reasons I have changed to a 21’, will I regret it doubtful. As in all reality my 19’ does the trick most days. The non complete window, the ugly tower base, the non stainless rubrail on the AR250, the no Seadek, and then the price increase. My biggest hurdle is the the trailer height with the tower folded. As I want to be able to store this at home still. Also the 250 looks huge, if I boated on bigger bodies of water this decision would be much more difficult. I also recently got rid of my F-150 for a Suburban and am confident the Suburban will like the 21’ better. I almost feel like the 250 is going to prefer a 3/4 ton pickup.

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
For multiple reasons I have changed to a 21’, will I regret it doubtful. As in all reality my 19’ does the trick most days. The non complete window, the ugly tower base, the non stainless rubrail on the AR250, the no Seadek, and then the price increase. My biggest hurdle is the the trailer height with the tower folded. As I want to be able to store this at home still. Also the 250 looks huge, if I boated on bigger bodies of water this decision would be much more difficult. I also recently got rid of my F-150 for a Suburban and am confident the Suburban will like the 21’ better. I almost feel like the 250 is going to prefer a 3/4 ton pickup.
No boat will ever be 100% perfect. I’ve been looking at more expensive outboards as well and no boat offers eveyrhing I’d want with the styling I want. That’s what kept leading me back to the Yamaha. I personally love the windshield cut outs. They add a modern flair to the design. Other makes do a similar thing but with a frame around the cut out. I like thing floating look a lot better. Seadek? I haven’t seen any boat make that offers it included in the price, it’s always an additional. I do agree the tower base is a little odd with that overhang, but it doesn’t obsessively bother me. All in all I think they hit it out of the park with the new 25s.

We have a newer Ford Ranger that we will tow the 252 with. It’s rated for up to 7500lbs towing andthe boat will be just shy of 6000lbs with a full tank of gas and some gear. We’re also in FL so no hills and we’re 5 min from the ramp.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Some people make a big deal out of the cutout windows, but it seems like a total nonstarter to me. I just don't even notice it on my boat...good, bad, or otherwise. Same with the tower design.

My F150 w/ 3.5L Ecoboost handles my 252SE no problem, def no need for 3/4 ton truck though more is always better.

@poidog, how much are you estimating for trailer weight in your calculation? Shy of 6000lbs seems low. For my 252SE I was estimating more like 7000lbs (though you should still be fine even with that number considering how short your drive is--as long as your local ramp's not steep!). I've got boat dry weight ~4500lbs, trailer ~1500lbs, gas plus batteries plus gear ~1000lbs. Maybe I'm overestimating, though.

Stan M

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
No boat will ever be 100% perfect. I’ve been looking at more expensive outboards as well and no boat offers eveyrhing I’d want with the styling I want. That’s what kept leading me back to the Yamaha. I personally love the windshield cut outs. They add a modern flair to the design. Other makes do a similar thing but with a frame around the cut out. I like thing floating look a lot better. Seadek? I haven’t seen any boat make that offers it included in the price, it’s always an additional. I do agree the tower base is a little odd with that overhang, but it doesn’t obsessively bother me. All in all I think they hit it out of the park with the new 25s.

We have a newer Ford Ranger that we will tow the 252 with. It’s rated for up to 7500lbs towing andthe boat will be just shy of 6000lbs with a full tank of gas and some gear. We’re also in FL so no hills and we’re 5 min from the ramp.
I will add that, in my first weekend out on the boat, the little windshield cutout really helped me with access to the midship cleat on the starboard side - to do some quick fender tying :)

ourlee

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Jet Ski
Boat Length
LOVE LOVE LOVE the brown interior. Way to go team!

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey guys, i'm debating waiting for the Miami boat show in Feb before taking the plunge. Does anyone think that will be too late to get a 25 footer?
I just recently moved into my new house in the Tampa area and I don't know much about local boat storage yet. I cant keep it on my property so storage is a big part of the purchase decision.

I swung by both Cycle Springs and Barneys and was basically told the same thing by both. They aren't sure of how things are going to be but they suggested i put a deposit.

Thanks,

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Man I totally agree. That poor integration on the tower and the misfit cutouts on the side windows is killing the momentum for me on the 250s. I was saying in another thread that it has to be the result of an engineering audible on some COVID parts related issue. More than likely we’ve identified the early release delays on the 250s. The original towers and windshields couldn't make deadlines.
I do like the new tower but the end of the tower is puzzling...it could have at least been capped

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
It sounds like that its not that you dislike the 25, you just literally
So essentially its not about you disliking the 25, your circumstances don't fit the 25...

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Some people make a big deal out of the cutout windows, but it seems like a total nonstarter to me. I just don't even notice it on my boat...good, bad, or otherwise. Same with the tower design.

My F150 w/ 3.5L Ecoboost handles my 252SE no problem, def no need for 3/4 ton truck though more is always better.

@poidog, how much are you estimating for trailer weight in your calculation? Shy of 6000lbs seems low. For my 252SE I was estimating more like 7000lbs (though you should still be fine even with that number considering how short your drive is--as long as your local ramp's not steep!). I've got boat dry weight ~4500lbs, trailer ~1500lbs, gas plus batteries plus gear ~1000lbs. Maybe I'm overestimating, though.
Im hoping the cut outs intent was to create more flow to the rear vs sometimes having a vortex affect in the cockpit area...

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Im hoping the cut outs intent was to create more flow to the rear vs sometimes having a vortex affect in the cockpit area...
More air flow is exactly what the Yamaha rep told me last month when I asked him about it. Whether he got that info from the engineering dept. or the marketing dept. seems to be the source of debate here.

DonnyC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Hey guys, i'm debating waiting for the Miami boat show in Feb before taking the plunge. Does anyone think that will be too late to get a 25 footer?
I just recently moved into my new house in the Tampa area and I don't know much about local boat storage yet. I cant keep it on my property so storage is a big part of the purchase decision.

I swung by both Cycle Springs and Barneys and was basically told the same thing by both. They aren't sure of how things are going to be but they suggested i put a deposit.

Thanks,
IMO, you're going to assume some risk by waiting till Feb. We know that there's a manufacturing backlog; we just don't know how long. I'm sure it'll depend on which model you buy.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
It sounds like that its not that you dislike the 25, you just literally

So essentially its not about you disliking the 25, your circumstances don't fit the 25...
Correct, I wished for a few small changes. However overall I think it’s a winner.

Last edited:

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMO, you're going to assume some risk by waiting till Feb. We know that there's a manufacturing backlog; we just don't know how long. I'm sure it'll depend on which model you buy.
Yup, that is my concern. Im in the market for the AR250. Went to see the tours but of course they didn't have it.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yup, that is my concern. Im in the market for the AR250. Went to see the tours but of course they didn't have it.
I think you’ll be fine waiting but if you must have it then don’t. Manufacturing in all industries took a hit and most companies are about caught up. Yamaha is no different but dealers will still tell you that supply is limited so they can charge you MSRP plus. I had one dealer tell me that they only had one AR250 left in black I then told them I wanted the blue one and a blue one magically was available if I put a deposit down. I think there’s too much covid hype right now.

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Its pretty o vious
Correct, I do wish th

Correct, I wished for a few small changes. However overall I think it’s a winner.
i do wish that they offered RGB interior lighting and underwater lights

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length

Per Yamaha:
Dry Weight on Trailer5,802 LBS
So 70 gal of gas would be about 400 lbs. so 6500 lbs total to tow around.

Thanks,
Yes, it might be too late depending on the model you want. Miami jet ski told me they got a 90 boat allocation for 2021 models and they’ve almost sold through all of them in presales. We did not buy through them, and the dealer we purchased from we were the first on the list for an SD they had on order, while Miami jet ski already sold all of their 5 SDs that were on order. FLL boat show is in a few weeks ;)

Last edited:

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aww yes! The classic “we only got so many allocated and will sell out”. Like I said before if you have to have the boat and don’t mind paying more then you should buy it but I think if you wait you’ll be fine too. The dealers can get more in then what’s first allocated so if they are in fact only getting 90 that doesn’t mean that’s all they’ll get. Do you think Yamaha just builds boats in the fall and winter and then quits building them? These boats are a cash cow, why wouldn’t they have production running at 110%? The only reason 2020 was so bad is because they shut everything down. Manufacturing is still behind due to covid but it’s catching up quickly. Again though, if you must have the boat then don’t wait but if you do then I think you should be fine.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length

Yeah I think 7000lbs is reasonable with a full tank and gear. Glad to hear your F-150 did well, do miss the power of the 3.5. Be curious to hear how it does on a windy day and a long tow. Keep us posted, congratulations on the new boat!

Stan M

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Yeah I think 7000lbs is reasonable with a full tank and gear. Glad to hear your F-150 did well, do miss the power of the 3.5. Be curious to hear how it does on a windy day and a long tow. Keep us posted, congratulations on the new boat!
I towed my 252S with a F-150 3.5 Eco for a 3 hour initial drive. It did great, with no problems.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Thanks,
I would wait for a boat show, they always offer something special financing, covers, packages..bought my last 2 boats at boat shows. They added the $800 cover and special financing on my 212x. Especially when your not sure where your going to store it. If they are showing up with boats now , I'm sure you'll be fine. Plus, let them work out the bugs on the real new 2021s