• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

25 Footers Are Leaving The Factory!

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Per Yamaha:
Dry Weight on Trailer5,802 LBS
So 70 gal of gas would be about 400 lbs. so 6500 lbs total to tow around.

Yes, it might be too late depending on the model you want. Miami jet ski told me they got a 90 boat allocation for 2021 models and they’ve almost sold through all of them in presales. We did not buy through them, and the dealer we purchased from we were the first on the list for an SD they had on order, while Miami jet ski already sold all of their 5 SDs that were on order. FLL boat show is in a few weeks ;)
Thanks for the reply. That is why i'm on the fence right now. Dont want to miss out, but with the new house im kinda stuck.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aww yes! The classic “we only got so many allocated and will sell out”. Like I said before if you have to have the boat and don’t mind paying more then you should buy it but I think if you wait you’ll be fine too. The dealers can get more in then what’s first allocated so if they are in fact only getting 90 that doesn’t mean that’s all they’ll get. Do you think Yamaha just builds boats in the fall and winter and then quits building them? These boats are a cash cow, why wouldn’t they have production running at 110%? The only reason 2020 was so bad is because they shut everything down. Manufacturing is still behind due to covid but it’s catching up quickly. Again though, if you must have the boat then don’t wait but if you do then I think you should be fine.
Exactly, they are after the sales and of course wont really recommend to wait till a boat show. That is what makes the decision a little bit difficult. I swung by the Tampa Boat show and it was a waste of time. Pretty much only outboards which is not what im looking for. Granted, the specials at a boat show are really appealing usually so that is a definite plus.

I don't need the boat right now, so i'm not in a hurry. Will play it by ear to see how things go.

Thanks,

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Aww yes! The classic “we only got so many allocated and will sell out”.
They told me that after I already informed them I wouldn’t be buying from them and went with another dealer. I have no reason to think why he would lie to me after he already lost the sale. They were offering no discount and apparently preselling their stock at full price, so good for them. I wasn’t gonna play that game and went elsewhere that would give me a deal and where I wouldn’t be waiting until April to get delivery. Could they get more boats in after their “allocation”? Sure. But with this crazy year, market, behind on getting orders out and supply chain issues I wouldn’t put any money on it.

I’ve had a pretty good overall experience shopping around with both dealers that offered a discount and those that wouldn’t budge off full MSRP. All have been upfront regardless of their pricing position. The only dealer which I had a negative experience was BMC boats in Orlando.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Yes exactly. I just got a 2018 Q7 with adaptive chassis and the OEM hitch. I'll be waiting for weeks for my boat so take your time to measure the height to the trailer coupler.
Took the measurement today with the trailer attached and I estimate the top of the hitch ball was 18.75".

mostwanted

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
Aww yes! The classic “we only got so many allocated and will sell out”. Like I said before if you have to have the boat and don’t mind paying more then you should buy it but I think if you wait you’ll be fine too. The dealers can get more in then what’s first allocated so if they are in fact only getting 90 that doesn’t mean that’s all they’ll get. Do you think Yamaha just builds boats in the fall and winter and then quits building them? These boats are a cash cow, why wouldn’t they have production running at 110%? The only reason 2020 was so bad is because they shut everything down. Manufacturing is still behind due to covid but it’s catching up quickly. Again though, if you must have the boat then don’t wait but if you do then I think you should be fine.
My dealer told me today Yamaha has stopped orders. Whats available is available. I already had my order in but thought of switching. He said the reps are saying no more and most every boat is spoken for with multiple people waiting in line if the buyer backs out. They have no reason to say this as I was going to spend more money. He said they will work on it and try but no promises. They are saying its killing them. My dealer has 6 stores so they are not a small dealer. So by me waiting around and swapping I screwed myself. So my opinion is if someone sees something they like and its available you better grab it. I am sure at some point this will all change but they are working on filling the back log of orders.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
My dealer told me today Yamaha has stopped orders. Whats available is available. I already had my order in but thought of switching. He said the reps are saying no more and most every boat is spoken for with multiple people waiting in line if the buyer backs out. They have no reason to say this as I was going to spend more money. He said they will work on it and try but no promises. They are saying its killing them. My dealer has 6 stores so they are not a small dealer. So by me waiting around and swapping I screwed myself. So my opinion is if someone sees something they like and its available you better grab it. I am sure at some point this will all change but they are working on filling the back log of orders.
Thanks for sharing.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Time will tell I guess but like I said if you have to have one then buy it. I still think we’ll be fine by the time summer comes around. I mean it’s now mid October, I’m pretty sure they’ll catch up manufacturing by next summer. Now if you live in Florida then I’d get one as soon as you can. Maybe your dealer is being honest with you or maybe their stretching the truth a bit or maybe it’s Yamaha manipulating things for their gain. I’m just saying from what I’m seeing in other manufacturing areas it just doesn’t add up. Again though and I’ll say it again and again if you must have one then put a deposit down.

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
What dealer?

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Time will tell I guess but like I said if you have to have one then buy it. I still think we’ll be fine by the time summer comes around. I mean it’s now mid October, I’m pretty sure they’ll catch up manufacturing by next summer. Now if you live in Florida then I’d get one as soon as you can. Maybe your dealer is being honest with you or maybe their stretching the truth a bit or maybe it’s Yamaha manipulating things for their gain. I’m just saying from what I’m seeing in other manufacturing areas it just doesn’t add up. Again though and I’ll say it again and again if you must have one then put a deposit down.
It makes perfect sense. GM had to cancel a bunch of 2020 Corvette orders because they couldn’t keep up with the demand, the COVID part supply slow down and factory shut down. Anyone who didn’t have a manufacture date had their orders cancelled and have to go back to the dealer to order a 2021 and a year wait. We’re seeing the same thing here with Yamaha.

My dealer told me they had to re-allocate their orders on models they haven’t presold yet so they could use the allocations to fill their presolds. This goes in line with what @mostwanted said, no new orders, what you’re allocated is all they can commit to right now.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m agreeing with what you’re saying! My point is that manufacturing will catch back up. You’re talking about 2020 corvette and now their making 2021s. Same with Yamaha they sold out of 2020s and are now making 2021s. Yes COVID messed things up with the shutdown...manufacturing isn’t shut down anymore and I’m saying a lot of manufacturers are catching back up. I don’t know why Yamaha would be any different. I don’t think 2021 will be like 2020. I don’t think the government is going to do a mass shutdown again to “flatten the curve”. If they do then we’re going to have a lot more problems then finding a boat. Like I keep saying if you need to get one then don’t delay and put your deposit down. I still think things will be fine irregardless of what dealers are saying.

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I’m agreeing with what you’re saying! My point is that manufacturing will catch back up. You’re talking about 2020 corvette and now their making 2021s. Same with Yamaha they sold out of 2020s and are now making 2021s. Yes COVID messed things up with the shutdown...manufacturing isn’t shut down anymore and I’m saying a lot of manufacturers are catching back up. I don’t know why Yamaha would be any different. I don’t think 2021 will be like 2020. I don’t think the government is going to do a mass shutdown again to “flatten the curve”. If they do then we’re going to have a lot more problems then finding a boat. Like I keep saying if you need to get one then don’t delay and put your deposit down. I still think things will be fine irregardless of what dealers are saying.
I know, I just think it’s gonna be tight for a while, and “unofficial” reports we are seeing here are confirming that. Like you said, if you want a boat for this year don’t delay and lock one up now. I think towards the end of 2021 you’ll see more available from either Yamaha catching up or people dropping out of their orders.

Corvette is still making the 2020s that will be delivered into 2021 now. My father has been waiting 40 years for one, finally at a point in his life he can order one and he’s been delayed. He did get a production date a couple weeks ago before the shut down so he’s hoping for delivery around the first of the year.

mike220022

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Completely agree. I would find it very hard to believe that every single boat that Yamaha can manage to produce from now until Spring is already spoken for. Manufacturers are building every day, its what they do. The Corvette is completely different....hard to argue that there will be no more 2021 Yamaha boats because GM stopped building the 2020 Corvette. A 2020 model vehicle in 45 days will technically be "last years model"....no manufacturer is still building 2020's. Apples and oranges in that scenario.

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Completely agree. I would find it very hard to believe that every single boat that Yamaha can manage to produce from now until Spring is already spoken for. Manufacturers are building every day, its what they do. The Corvette is completely different....hard to argue that there will be no more 2021 Yamaha boats because GM stopped building the 2020 Corvette. A 2020 model vehicle in 45 days will technically be "last years model"....no manufacturer is still building 2020's. Apples and oranges in that scenario.
Oh I didn’t realize their still making 2020s in 2021. Best corvette by far and this might just be the last gas corvette. Love it!

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Y
You’re missing the point, but that’s ok.

mike220022

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh I didn’t realize their still making 2020s in 2021. Best corvette by far and this might just be the last gas corvette. Love it!
They arent...The dealer group I work for has a Chevy dealership and production for 2020 models is over and we have already placed a few orders for the 2021 Corvette. 2020 was a limited production run.

jetivan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
Took the measurement today with the trailer attached and I estimate the top of the hitch ball was 18.75".
Thanks! That's with it laden, attached and I'd have to guess a fairly level trailer?

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Thanks! That's with it laden, attached and I'd have to guess a fairly level trailer?
Yup, that's with everything loaded up and attached to the truck and with the trailer level.

My truck settled 2" with the boat attached (top of hitch ball at 20.75" without boat attached vs 18.75" with boat attached). Of course, your ride may settle differently but you've also got some adjustability with the adaptive chassis .

mostwanted

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
I just verified my info with another dealer. He says the info is accurate. He said they are the largest dealer in the southeast and agreed with what my other dealer said. Not here to debate my dealers authenticity. I am trying to spend more money with them and he is saying unless someone drops their order I can’t get it as they are all spoken for. My rep says he has been with Yamaha for 23 years and this is an odd time. The problems run deep I guess with sub contractors like glass etc not sure of all the details but it’s a difficult time. He said he is trying to secure me a 252XE but said don’t hold my breathe. This is now. I’m not referring to what may be in 9 months next summer lol. My point was if you find a boat you like you should grab it. Availability is limited and not many dealers are blowing out deals. Simple supply vs demand. And there isn’t much supply. Dealers have allocation and that is it. Some are spoken for and some are not. If you want a 252xe and the dealer didn’t order one they can’t order one now. Take it for what it’s worth.