• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

25 Footers Are Leaving The Factory!

Mike Clark

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Interestingly,

I was at a dealer in Columbus, OH. on Saturday and they had a 252S in the showroom, Grey and Maroon. I checked it over pretty close, and noticed there was allot of polishing compound left in places under the rear deck, and where the back wraps around to the sides. Stuck out like a sore thumb on the Maroon.
I also found very rough areas on the top side section by the swim platform.

As Seoul 76 mentioned, black recessed area in the boat by helm, was very rough, could not tell if it was over spray. I pointed it all out to the sales guy that was following me around, he was a little shocked.
Not saying they are all like that, but this one was. Nothing that can't be corrected fairly easily, but at $80K plus , shouldn't have to. I guess they are trying to get them out the door.

I was really wanting a new 252 SE, but with the hull color options either black or blue, blue is not to bad, but it has the black bottom hull. Can't even comprehend trying to keep black on a boat nice. Same way on the 252SD and even the wake series have black hulls with bright graphics.

Yamaha, if you reading these, enough with the black already, these are boats, supposed to have bright or light colors.

Would love to see a dark burnt orange with silver and black graphics.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I wished there were other options for the 252SE as well, was hoping for some red. Burnt orange like you mentioned would have also been sweet. At the end of the day, I wasn't going to wait until 2022 to see what came out next so I "settled" on the black hull w/ blue stripe and white bottom. I must say it's quite striking in person. The blue one may be also, I just haven't seen one in person.

FWIW, it only takes me about 12-15 minutes to wipe the black down with Boat Bling Hot Sauce when we get home from the lake and the black shines like new.

Mike Clark

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My current boat is red, so I guess Iam used to the brighter colors. We actually did see and check out a black 252SE, I agree it was very sharp. Loved the dark black/ grey interior. Maybe I am making a bigger deal than it is? Nothing else that I didn’t like. . Definitely liked the elimination of the “Hump” you had to step over to get into the boat. So much easier on the 252

mike220022

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
At the end of the day, I wasn't going to wait until 2022 to see what came out next so I "settled" on the black hull w/ blue stripe and white bottom. I must say it's quite striking in person.
Damn I wish I could "settle" for that bad ass boat you got! lol

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Damn I wish I could "settle" for that bad ass boat you got! lol
Yeah, it was total tongue in cheek. I'm super excited about it no matter what color it is!!!

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Interestingly,

I was at a dealer in Columbus, OH. on Saturday and they had a 252S in the showroom, Grey and Maroon. I checked it over pretty close, and noticed there was allot of polishing compound left in places under the rear deck, and where the back wraps around to the sides. Stuck out like a sore thumb on the Maroon.
I also found very rough areas on the top side section by the swim platform.

As Seoul 76 mentioned, black recessed area in the boat by helm, was very rough, could not tell if it was over spray. I pointed it all out to the sales guy that was following me around, he was a little shocked.
Not saying they are all like that, but this one was. Nothing that can't be corrected fairly easily, but at $80K plus , shouldn't have to. I guess they are trying to get them out the door.

I was really wanting a new 252 SE, but with the hull color options either black or blue, blue is not to bad, but it has the black bottom hull. Can't even comprehend trying to keep black on a boat nice. Same way on the 252SD and even the wake series have black hulls with bright graphics.

Yamaha, if you reading these, enough with the black already, these are boats, supposed to have bright or light colors.

Would love to see a dark burnt orange with silver and black graphics.
It is def overspray...i had to use a compound wax and it came off...obviously is leave scraches but it now looks more black and feels mych netter than the ruff overspray feel. Boat was filled with excess fiberglass and alot of other stuff. I spent a day cleaning/vacuuming the entire boat, my OCD would not allow me to settle

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
So for the people who got the 252 already. Why is the bilge pump in the middle of the engine bay in a cut out? Also the opening in the back of the engine bay? Is there a subfloor in the engine bay?

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
So for the people who got the 252 already. Why is the bilge pump in the middle of the engine bay in a cut out? Also the opening in the back of the engine bay? Is there a subfloor in the engine bay?
For whatever reason Yamaha has done it that way from the start. Makes no sense. Most people install a secondary one and wire straight to the battery closer to the drain plug and further down in the hull like you mentioned. Weird design if you ask me.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I’m not crazy about that galley table but the shower would be nice. Any idea if the 7th speaker is a sub and what size it is.
Good question. Odd number usually means a sub, but it would be nice if it was called out.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Hey all. First time post but I’ve been trolling for a while now. My budget for the new boat is about $60k. I was sold on the 212se since I saw one in person. Then I was thinking the AR250 Since I could put a small toilet in it and potentially go camping on it. I have 2 young kids, 5 and 2 thus the emergency toilet. I don’t expect to need a perfect pass type system until they get a bit older. I plan on having the boat for many years.

So my main question is, is the electronic throttle and engine rpm sync really necessary? Do I need the E series?

I am very handy and plan on putting my own ballast system and installing a perfect pass system in the future.

I appreciate all of your thoughts.

thanks!!!
I agree on the sync. I was kind of bummed our 212s didn’t include the single throttle option, but now that we have 20 hours on her, I’m not missing it at all. Now they we have it, I am glad we didn’t opt for the 212se. The 212s has all the “luxury” features and look and you can get out the door for $60k or a little less. I can certainly give the 212s a major thumbs up.

I like speed, we have lots of smooth water lake time. The 212s is plenty big enough as we have 3 kids, none of who will ever big large (my wife is 4’ 11”). If space is an issue, I can see the AR250, but it also means bigger in terms of hauling and storing. Same motors as the 212s, so the heavier 250 will not be as responsive. Not a big deal for some, but is for me and I was green for envy when I saw video of the VRX253 jet with twin 300hp motors. That thing has ridiculous take off and easily eclipses 60 mph. Our 212s hits 54 mph, so it too bad.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Good question. Odd number usually means a sub, but it would be nice if it was called out.
It was answered further down in the thread from the post you quoted, but I can confirm the 7th speaker is a 10" sub behind the passenger seat.

digitalthug916

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree on the sync. I was kind of bummed our 212s didn’t include the single throttle option, but now that we have 20 hours on her, I’m not missing it at all. Now they we have it, I am glad we didn’t opt for the 212se. The 212s has all the “luxury” features and look and you can get out the door for $60k or a little less. I can certainly give the 212s a major thumbs up.

I like speed, we have lots of smooth water lake time. The 212s is plenty big enough as we have 3 kids, none of who will ever big large (my wife is 4’ 11”). If space is an issue, I can see the AR250, but it also means bigger in terms of hauling and storing. Same motors as the 212s, so the heavier 250 will not be as responsive. Not a big deal for some, but is for me and I was green for envy when I saw video of the VRX253 jet with twin 300hp motors. That thing has ridiculous take off and easily eclipses 60 mph. Our 212s hits 54 mph, so it too bad.
thanks for the info. The ONLY reasons I’m going for the AR250 are:
1. The extra storage, I don’t want to have to store any boat stuff anywhere but on the boat. Storing the boat is not a problem I have the space, I just need to put up one of those metal shed/garage things. I don’t have any garage or shed space left.
2. The tiny cabin “poop” space for the kids, both young. It is ridiculously annoying to have to find somewhere on the lake or to tie up to the floating porta-potty. And for occasional boat camping.
3. I currently boat on Folsom lake here in CA where I would do 80% of my time. I don’t expect to stay in CA too much longer and would like to do a little more big water trips (like Tahoe or wherever else I live)

I don’t really want/need any bling on my boat. If it’s something I want then I’ll put it on. I just want the thing to work and not be a hassle.

I think a 212 would be the best if they could stuff the “poop” space somewhere. For example they could Extend the driver console and put the walk through on the side. So the centerline had the closet.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
thanks for the info. The ONLY reasons I’m going for the AR250 are:
1. The extra storage, I don’t want to have to store any boat stuff anywhere but on the boat. Storing the boat is not a problem I have the space, I just need to put up one of those metal shed/garage things. I don’t have any garage or shed space left.
2. The tiny cabin “poop” space for the kids, both young. It is ridiculously annoying to have to find somewhere on the lake or to tie up to the floating porta-potty. And for occasional boat camping.
3. I currently boat on Folsom lake here in CA where I would do 80% of my time. I don’t expect to stay in CA too much longer and would like to do a little more big water trips (like Tahoe or wherever else I live)

I don’t really want/need any bling on my boat. If it’s something I want then I’ll put it on. I just want the thing to work and not be a hassle.

I think a 212 would be the best if they could stuff the “poop” space somewhere. For example they could Extend the driver console and put the walk through on the side. So the centerline had the closet.
Makes sense. For me the extra speed makes a difference and altitude won’t help speed. We’ve had a boat for 8 years, since our kids were 3, 6 and 7. The only time we actually had a need to poop was once about 5 years ago and that was the wife. We had to hit an island and she had to go in the woods. She wasn’t too happy. Personally I don’t like the idea of a toilet on the boat, but if you need it, you need it. I get it. On our home lake we always just 5 minutes from the bathroom at one of the marinas. So unless we go traveling, it’s never an issue.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
A pooper will always be on my boat, I won’t leave the dock without it! I take my pooping very seriously!
LMAO. I hear you. I’m lucky in that I’m very regular in that I generally poop first thing when I wake up and maybe again an hour or so later. It would be a rare thing for me to have to go when on the water unless we were to “head” out real early. My sons are pretty much the same, it’s my wife and daughter that are the PITA.

mistercool88

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
LMAO. I hear you. I’m lucky in that I’m very regular in that I generally poop first thing when I wake up and maybe again an hour or so later. It would be a rare thing for me to have to go when on the water unless we were to “head” out real early. My sons are pretty much the same, it’s my wife and daughter that are the PITA.
lmao TMI

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
You wont see it but you can feel it...the black pices should be smooth, with overspray it will feel grainy.
Gotcha, thanks for the explanation. I haven't noticed any, but I'll check more closely the next time I'm in the boat to see if I can feel any grainy spots.

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Also, is it not impressive how much bigger the boat is on the inside vs the previous 24 models, its remarkable how much they did with just 6”.