• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

25 Footers Are Leaving The Factory!

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
My comment from my sales guy is that they receive an invoice from Yamaha when the boat actually ships. However, they can look in the system and see an estimated ship date. One of the post earlier from a Jacksonville dealer indicated that estimated ship dates had been rolled back. My guess is a lot of dealers are understandably reluctant to share estimated ship dates because it is so uncertain.
Any dealership that gave you ship dates that early in Aug is BSing you 1000% and you should run and find you a new dealership. They can see if the boat has been built and even then they will not know an exact ship date.

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
So I ordered my boat on August 12...first had a ship date of 9/11, then 9/18, then 9/25, then I was rolled all the way back to 11/6. Good to see some boats being delivered but I am wondering if there are others with a similar experience?
The next question you need to ask is IF they actually had initially ordered the model/trim boat you are wanting. Each dealership is only authorized an amount dependent on previous years sales plus a standard markup.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I finally got a chance to look at a AR250 in person, first reaction these things are HUGE! I have a 19', I also looked at a 21' before getting in the AR250. It must be the layout, however I rented a Sea Ray 270 last November in Florida and in all honesty the inside of this AR250 felt bigger. Obviously I didn't try to get into the head, however I'm pretty sure the Sea Ray 270 has more space in there. Overall I'm impressed with the 250, too big for my boating needs. However if I wanted a boat this big it would be on my list.

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Anyone found the fuse or area for the use of the two accessory buttons on the dash? Inked119514926_2083797815084468_3461557697556491235_o_LI.jpg

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
You can add a drain plug light or drilled through underwater lights.
I was actually looking for power to interior light BUT I do want to add an Boatplug light on the drain. This seems to be the least evasive way to get underwater lights

Seoul76

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Thanks guys...I quess due to the electronic steering on the SD it just stopped unevenly. As soon as I turned on the power, the lower bucket raised itself up

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
quite the upgrade for sure! congrats. so your getting the sd? the drive paddles are awesome!

ugamarkj

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Yep, super excited! Now the long wait for boating season to begin. Though I'm hoping for a few good days before winter to drop it in the water.

DonnyC

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Has anyone received any delivery dates for 255XD models yet? I'm guessing early next year, but would appreciate any intel (dealer won't give dates until it's about to ship).

mike220022

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Has anyone received any delivery dates for 255XD models yet? I'm guessing early next year, but would appreciate any intel (dealer won't give dates until it's about to ship).
Honestly, I think its because they dont know until its about to ship. The one I ordered, they had no idea until they got the notification from Yamaha that it was shipping that week.

Fordman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My dealer in tennessee says should be this month. They have a 255 XE in stock.

poidog

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Seems like they’ve been only sending the blue/warm SDs the last few weeks. Still waiting on my black/cool...