• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

25 Footers Are Leaving The Factory!

Stan M

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
Went down to see it in person today and snapped some more pics. A couple more thoughts seeing this in person for the first time...I like the black with blue stripe exterior and really like the white and gray interior. Back seats slide like butter. I like the quilted stitching in the captain's chairs-- it's nothing elaborate or anything but it's a nice touch. It's amazing how much storage the boat has compared to the 255XD with the hard ballasts taking up all the storage space. One of the pictures shows the cutout of the side glass that allows some airflow to get through there. The reach to get down to the clean out ports seems really far!

If anyone has specific questions, I'll try to answer them. I'll be going back Tuesday afternoon to pick it up.

I was going to snap some picks of the AR250, but the owner had already picked it up when I got there.
Can you let me know if there is a bracket for the stowable table to be placed in the cockpit area as well as on the stern? I'm awaiting delivery of a 252S. Also, a good picture of the head/storage area would be great! Congrats on your new boat - it's gorgeous!

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Can you let me know if there is a bracket for the stowable table to be placed in the cockpit area as well as on the stern? I'm awaiting delivery of a 252S. Also, a good picture of the head/storage area would be great! Congrats on your new boat - it's gorgeous!
I don't think there's a bracket in the cockpit for the stowable table on the 252 boats b/c they have the galley table instead. However, I'll double-check tomorrow and I'll also snap some pics of the head/storage area. The AR250 has a bracket in the cockpit for the stowable table.

Dave Biel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Heard from my dealer today. Seems the 25’ FSHs will be the last to be delivered. Having problems with some outsourced parts.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Heard from my dealer today. Seems the 25’ FSHs will be the last to be delivered. Having problems with some outsourced parts.
Bummer. :confused:

JoeSr

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I got a call from my dealer this morning. I thought he was just calling to make sure I knew that the Yamaha product tour was going to be there today. He says yeah, but I also called to tell you that your 252SE has shipped and should be arriving tomorrow or Monday! He believes it's the black one with blue stripe/white bottom. Once it arrives, I can decide if I want to take that one or wait for a blue one to arrive (no idea when that might be, though). I'm still going to drive down there today to check out the 255XD and 255 FSH prototype models on display for the day, but I'm super excited that I'll be back down there soon enough to see my own boat!
Congrats, we have a 2020 242Se and love the boat.

Boatinmama14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
For those waiting on a 195 series boat for so long, do you ever wonder? Maybe Yamaha may ship first boats that you may easily be upsold to? Obviously that would not be a 250 series, but it does make me wonder. Of course they will ship the lines that have the most pre-orders of. But I am making an assumption that they only have limited lines, and they may be building a particular hull size on each line. Who knows.

Just a thought that it would not surprise me if your dealer saw a 210 come in sooner and give you an offer that my be tough to refuse.

Just a little inside scoop from the factory, their supplier of windshields, is backed up. We heard from our rep and there is over 400 boats just sitting in the parking lot waiting for something to be shipped, and most of them it is the windshields.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Here are some pics of the head/storage area. Max height is just over 46 inches.

Attachments

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Thanks for the pics. Any chance you can get a pic of the inside of the head/storage area and the anchor locker ? Also what’s the max size of cooler that will fit under the galley/table area ?
@jonesw67 head/storage area pics above. Attached here are pics of the anchor locker, some with tape measure to show measurements.

For the cooler space, height is going to be the biggest issue. 15.5 inches high at the very max, I think. See pics for height, depth, and width.

Attachments

jonesw67

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@jonesw67 head/storage area pics above. Attached here are pics of the anchor locker, some with tape measure to show measurements.

For the cooler space, height is going to be the biggest issue. 15.5 inches high at the very max, I think. See pics for height, depth, and width.
thank you so much for doing this. perfect :)

Stan M

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length
@tkeru408 One more question...I am modifying my garage to fit the boat...how wide do I need the doors to be able to clear the boat and trailer? I already have the measurements of height and length from the website specifications. Thanks!

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
8.5ft is what the boat is so It depends on your backing up skills I’d probably think 10ft.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
@tkeru408 One more question...I am modifying my garage to fit the boat...how wide do I need the doors to be able to clear the boat and trailer? I already have the measurements of height and length from the website specifications. Thanks!
Just put a tape measure to it, the trailer is about 8'10" wide and the boat with shipping cover pulled tight over it is every bit as wide as the trailer. I can't imagine it will go through a 9' wide garage door.

tkeru408

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Here are a few additional pics from yesterday. Somebody stopped and asked me questions about it in the first 10 minutes of owning it (at the gas station filling it up after leaving the dealership).

First pic is me hitched up and getting ready to leave the dealership. The boat dwarfs my F150 Supercrew but the truck had no problems at all handling the load, both acceleration and deceleration. I have the 3.5L Twin Turbo Ecoboost V6.

Second pic is of the subwoofer, which some folks have asked about.

Third pic shows how far back the bimini goes. The tape measure vertically marks the back of the bimini down to the seats. In early videos, there was uncertainty about whether or not the bimini has less coverage than previous years, but i think it's big enough to provide pretty good shade all the way to the back seats. As an aside, the tech said the bimini canvas was easier to install than in previous years; he said that before it would take two of them to stretch the bimini over the frame when new.

Attachments

jim1

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Here are a few additional pics from yesterday. Somebody stopped and asked me questions about it in the first 10 minutes of owning it (at the gas station filling it up after leaving the dealership).

First pic is me hitched up and getting ready to leave the dealership. The boat dwarfs my F150 Supercrew but the truck had no problems at all handling the load, both acceleration and deceleration. I have the 3.5L Twin Turbo Ecoboost V6.

Third pic shows how far back the bimini goes. The tape measure vertically marks the back of the bimini down to the seats. In early videos, there was uncertainty about whether or not the bimini has less coverage than previous years, but i think it's big enough to provide pretty good shade all the way to the back seats. As an aside, the tech said the bimini canvas was easier to install than in previous years; he said that before it would take two of them to stretch the bimini over the frame when new.
Great looking boat...congrats, and thanks for the pics!

Stan M

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252S
Boat Length

Thanks for all the information, very helpful! It has helped to reassure me that i made the right decision to buy the new 252S rather than going used - even with the "poo brown" interior as some have deemed it :cool:

ptwb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So my main question is, is the electronic throttle and engine rpm sync really necessary? Do I need the E series?
To me, it's not really about syncing the two engines, it's about using the throttle levers to easily pick any speed.

Test drive the boats and make sure you are able to easily pick ANY speed you want. The nowake switches are band-aids for a hard to control throttle that makes it hard to get the engines to stay at a set rpm range in-between idle fwd and planing speeds. What happens is you are in a no wake zone, but you're going against the current or for whatever reason you want to give it just a little more throttle, but then boom, now you've given it too much and now you are trying to get the engines to settle where you want them and it's not easy. My boat has a single speed no-wake, but then they introduced a 3 speed settings no wake I think.

At least for my boat, imagine driving a car where for .1 and 2 mph you use throttle lever (neutral,fwd), then to go 5 you have to use the switches, then from 5-15 it's a battle with the throttles until I get over 15 at which point the throttles are reliable.

No other boat on the market that I'm aware of has to deal with this nonsense.

It's not the end of the world. It's just really annoying. I don't understand why Yamaha can't offer the most basic throttle by wire as standard feature and leave all the other advanced e-series features for the e-series model.

Jeel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
To me, it's not really about syncing the two engines, it's about using the throttle levers to easily pick any speed.

Test drive the boats and make sure you are able to easily pick ANY speed you want. The nowake switches are band-aids for a hard to control throttle that makes it hard to get the engines to stay at a set rpm range in-between idle fwd and planing speeds. What happens is you are in a no wake zone, but you're going against the current or for whatever reason you want to give it just a little more throttle, but then boom, now you've given it too much and now you are trying to get the engines to settle where you want them and it's not easy. My boat has a single speed no-wake, but then they introduced a 3 speed settings no wake I think.

At least for my boat, imagine driving a car where for .1 and 2 mph you use throttle lever (neutral,fwd), then to go 5 you have to use the switches, then from 5-15 it's a battle with the throttles until I get over 15 at which point the throttles are reliable.

No other boat on the market that I'm aware of has to deal with this nonsense.

It's not the end of the world. It's just really annoying. I don't understand why Yamaha can't offer the most basic throttle by wire as standard feature and leave all the other advanced e-series features for the e-series model.
Newer boats have the 3 speed no wake which is great ...they also have cruise control where u can get to say 15 mph , hit the cruise button , then i believe there are about 8 plus or minus settings to increase or decrease speed as needed just by hitting the up or down arrows..when i tow my wife wakeboarding i use the cruise control feature to keep her at a set speed plus or minus 2 mph...when she tows me she refuses to use the cruise control and im between 15 to 22 mph with her messing with those horrible throttles