• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

255 FSH Fish Box Drain

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can we get a little more detail? What have you tried so far? Is that something you stuck through the other side? Got a photo of inside? Does any drain at all? Is it all full or half or less? Hatch open?...

Thanks.

2023FSH255E

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I used a hand held auger. that’s what you see sticking out. the water will drain while that is poked through but once i remove it the water does. it drain. not at all.
I’m thinking maybe the drain pipe turns up just enough to keep it from draining??

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is there a check valve in the line? I don't have that model...

AlpharettaRK

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Do you have picture of it inside the starboard pod? Mine is flex pipe that I could see getting kinked

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There was another 255 FSH owner that had a similar issue, the drain line was a tad too long and was pointed a bit up, so he removed the line from the thru hull fitting, shortened the flexible drain line a bit and re attached so it was straight and that solved his problem. As @AlpharettaRK suggests, have a look inside the storage pod and check the drain line for kinks.

I don’t know exactly what you mean by an “auger” but if it’s sharp you could have poked a hole(s) in that flexible line so be sure and water test it once you have figured things out.