• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2nd Bilge Pump help with location

oakley24

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Need some advice on locating my 2nd bilge pump in my 2014 SX192. I have the Johnson pump with float switch that can be attached to the pump or located some distance from the pump.
I was thinking I could get some Starboard and create a platform to attach pump and float to it, and locate it where the white square is in the pic. Can I use a bracket and screw into the place where the arrow pointing to the right is? It feels solid. There is also what looks like a piece of wood covered in a thin layer of fiberglass that I could possibly put some screws into (arrow pointing down) Or would I be better off cutting some thin strips of the starboard and gluing them to the bottom of the starboard platform (to get it level) and using 5200 or 4200? Any thoughts or better ideas would be appreciated

20221027_140429.jpg
20221021_182158.jpg

Hard to tell from the pic but is this just aft of the clean out port? If so, that’s where I put mine and it works very well. You’ll have to drill a hole in the gunwale for the exit pipe though.

if your boat is like mine, that’s not wood underneath the fiberglass, it’s solid aluminum. It was really hard to drill into (broke three bits) but eventually I got it done.

I usually set the pumps in a few dollups of 5200, that way theres no possible water intrusion into the glass.

Make sure you do a loop in the drain line as high up as you can to prevent water coming in.

I usually set the pumps in a few dollups of 5200, that way theres no possible water intrusion into the glass.

Make sure you do a loop in the drain line as high up as you can to prevent water coming in.

I like the idea of not messing with screws down there, I think I'll try to use some 5200. And thanks for the reminder on the loop, I don't want to use the rubber check valve that comes with the pump

I saw your thread as I was researching, do you happen to have a pic of your pump inside the bilge? That looks like a nice setup, I'm just having trouble envisioning what it looks like installed

This pic shows how the vertical part drops into the V of the hull.

6169C05C-2624-48BE-97ED-F89580135054.jpeg

This view shows the T shape of the mount, and the horizontal part of the T holds the mount centered and upright.

532ED0E8-2EDD-4494-8AC7-627975440437.jpeg

This view shows the discharge hose coming from the bilge pump that is below the water lock. You can see the main drain plug at the bottom center.

2450049C-11FB-4BE1-8805-6CD30D4EB551.jpeg

If you need a better picture I can try and get you one.

Thanks for the explanation @FSH 210 Sport . I think what threw me off is the vertical piece that goes into the V of the hull. As you can see in my first pic, I don't have much of a V at all.

Back