• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

8in Speakers on AR190

jflamiat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
My installer said he could based on measurements, but will plan to do so in May/June this year.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My installer said he could based on measurements, but will plan to do so in May/June this year.
Thanks - please post pics when done. I am considering the same.. gosh I am addicted to upgrades… already have 4 KTM8 towers 😵💫

jflamiat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
So, sad news. The Kicker 45KM84L's do NOT fit in the bow of AR195. Thankfully did this before cutting any holes. While the depth is ok inside the hull, the grille does not allow the front seats to open/close. The surface area of the bow hull (height) is just not enough for the 8" Kickers to fit (it would overhang the top edge of the bow hull). Instead, I'll be keeping the stock bow speakers as is (going to wire them to be more like tweeters powered only by new Fusion head unit), and then put the 2 new 8's in the bow near the Port storage and Starboard bow floor (new holes to cut). Also, the rear stock speakers x2, new tower speakers x2 are all new 8" Kickers w LED, powered by 2 amps (1 to the 6 8" speakers, 1 to the subwoofer, and head unit to just the stock bow speakers).

Can send updated pics/review/specs if people are interested after the install is complete in about 2 weeks.

Attachments

Johnboat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Anyone out there installed 8in speakers in place of the factory 6.5's on an AR190 model? I know the 8in should be an easy fit in the bow but not sure about the 8in in the factory locations in the rear.
Considering the kicker KM8 with the RGB grills....(I'm a sucker for lighting) Amazon.com: Kicker KM8 8-INCH (200mm) Marine Coaxial Speakerswith 1" tweeters,LED Charcoal and White Grilles,4-OHM: Car Electronics

If these will fit, 4 of these and a 12" free air kicker sub Amazon.com: KICKER KMF122 12" Marine Subwoofer with LED White Grill 2 Ohm for Free Air Applications: Electronics

Other speaker brands I'm looking at/considering are: Infiniti, Memphis Audio, JBL Stadium

Undecided on amp, class D (considering rockwell for the price) and will put in a fusion head unit later to integrate with my Garmin GPS via Fusion Link.

Thoughts/Critiques/lessons learned?
So, sad news. The Kicker 45KM84L's do NOT fit in the bow of AR195. Thankfully did this before cutting any holes. While the depth is ok inside the hull, the grille does not allow the front seats to open/close. The surface area of the bow hull (height) is just not enough for the 8" Kickers to fit (it would overhang the top edge of the bow hull). Instead, I'll be keeping the stock bow speakers as is (going to wire them to be more like tweeters powered only by new Fusion head unit), and then put the 2 new 8's in the bow near the Port storage and Starboard bow floor (new holes to cut). Also, the rear stock speakers x2, new tower speakers x2 are all new 8" Kickers w LED, powered by 2 amps (1 to the 6 8" speakers, 1 to the subwoofer, and head unit to just the stock bow speakers).

Can send updated pics/review/specs if people are interested after the install is complete in about 2 weeks.
Just a suggestion, think about adding the 8"s mid ship. The sound will be much better and balanced. I added the same KM8 with 150W RMS mid ship and they rock hard.

Attachments