• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH 252/255 Audio Upgrades

pariseng

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I ended up sending my skar speakers back. I would have had to cut larger holes and I personally want to eventually change all my speakers to the jl m series. So I had found some factory refurb wet sounds revo 6 and just used them even the original screw holes lined up. Basically I figured if I made the holes larger I would be stuck cause only the skar 6.5 are bigger than the rest.
Got it. That's what I've heard. Thank you for the insight...

pariseng

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Guys, I'm in the process of finalizing my sound system purchase and I'm wondering if i upgrade to a new wetsound radio if I can reuse the factory transom controller. Do you guys know? I played with the wetsound radio and it looks great and sounds great.

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Short answer, no.
Buy the aftermarket Wet Sounds remote controller if they have one available.
Also, I recommend you take a look at the Kicker KMC5, being that it's 6 channel, and not 4 channel like the Wet Sounds.
We have 6 speakers not 4.

Long answer:
I'm sure someone could come up with some custom modification to the wiring, but I haven't seen anything yet.

The entire Connext sound system is proprietary, and not easily upgradable or reusable.

I have seen a couple people figure out a way to reuse the onboard Wet Sounds amplifier, but it has no adjustments, therefore isn't worth using in my opinion.

pariseng

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Short answer, no.
Buy the aftermarket Wet Sounds remote controller if they have one available.
Also, I recommend you take a look at the Kicker KMC5, being that it's 6 channel, and not 4 channel like the Wet Sounds.
We have 6 speakers not 4.

Long answer:
I'm sure someone could come up with some custom modification to the wiring, but I haven't seen anything yet.

The entire Connext sound system is proprietary, and not easily upgradable or reusable.

I have seen a couple people figure out a way to reuse the onboard Wet Sounds amplifier, but it has no adjustments, therefore isn't worth using in my opinion.
Thank you buddy!! Truly appreciate the detailed feedback. Well, kicker it is..

Noles187

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Here’s the setup I ran:

JL MM105 & Transom Control
JL MVI 800/8 & 600/1
4 JL RGB M6s 6.5s
2 JL RGB M6 10s
JL RGB controller
JL bass control knob

Attachments

Noles187

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I'm adding two JL M6 880 ETXv3 fully enclosed tower speakers that will mount under the t-top on the sides to hear while driving the boat. I'm considering moving the two 6.5's I have cut into the transom to the front of the boat on either side of the anchor storage locker and putting an additional two 8.8's in their place on the rear.

My question is do you think the back of the boat where I have the two speakers cut now is big enough to fit either the 8.8's or 7.7's?

Attachments