• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

FSH 252/255 Audio Upgrades

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
No, that is a Kicker line converter.
It takes line level speaker wire and turns it into RCA.

It was my very first attempt to add a subwoofer to the factory sound system.
You can see the subwoofer right below it on the wall.
It was terrible and I removed it all.

TexAg-00

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
No, that is a Kicker line converter.
It takes line level speaker wire and turns it into RCA.

It was my very first attempt to add a subwoofer to the factory sound system.
You can see the subwoofer right below it on the wall.
It was terrible and I removed it all.
Gotcha - thanks!!

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So not a FSH but I have a 22 AR250 that I have added a whole new system to. (6) speakers, (2) towers and (2) subs. Powered by (3) amps. All new cables, speakers, power and grounds... the works. Now it has the connect system so I tried to use the speaker wires to feed each amp through the high line inputs and it has a terrible noise through the speakers. So i then removed that and wired in RCA inputs and new RCA cables to the amps. The noise is still there. Nothing I do will get rid of it. Any suggestions?
I’m sure you already figured it out but I got a 5CH LOC for $66 that should fix your issue. Question I have for you since I’m doing the same think one a 21 250 is how long does the battery last. Can the boat support 3 Amps without issue?

Thor32766

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I followed a lot of what everyone did with a few exceptions. So awesome this thread was started! Bjensen24 is an awesome dude who helped me tremendously!

Attachments

Bjensen24

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thank you very much. I just wish we didn’t have to do so much to make it how it should have come from the factory!!! I’m pretty sure at this point Yamaha owes @zachadams money!

Thor32766

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I also followed bjensen on the sound control .I went a little further with kilmat on the top also.

Attachments

Thor32766

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
At idle for me I did notice a difference. Was hoping the additional seal with help some with at cruising speeds.

heavytoe

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
These post have been very helpful. Today I installed a 12" Subwoofer in our 2022 255 FSH Sport E. It was quite a challenge but ultimately fit perfectly. I used Kilmat to help prevent unwanted rattle/vibration. I installed the speaker from the backside and installed a Grill and LED Light Ring on the front secured with stainless 3" bolts and marine locking nuts. I had to trim the top and bottom of the LED ring to get it to fit flush. I hope it sounds great! The Sub will be powered by a HTX-1 (650Watts) from Wet Sounds. I've also added rear facing speakers, a REVO8 pair with a JL Audio MV600/2i to power these for the party being towed behind the boat. I replaced the front and tower speakers with Revo 6.5's and I changed the Center Console speakers to the 8" REVO8 speakers. I'll send more photos as I make progress. I also installed a WS-MC-20 in the helm and have a full size full function WS-G2-CTR controller in the transom.

Attachments

Zackdadams

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Went ahead and upgraded my bow speakers to Wet Sounds Revo 6-SWB's.
These have a black finish and blend in well. Plus they have RGB if you're so inclined, I personally did not hook that up.

Also added a Kicker KXMA800.4 Amp to run bow and tower Revo speakers, separated by Zone 1/2.
This provides 100w x 4 RMS.
FYI you get into the zone settings on the KMC5, by holding down the menu button.
After which under Zone 2 select "Both".

Needless to say my boat sounds incredible!
It's now turned up to 11!
The Zone separation means I can turn off the tower speakers so that you can hear yourself talk while keeping the bow speakers up.
(Yes I know I need to get those water spots off)

Attachments

Last edited:

Victor659

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
These post have been very helpful. Today I installed a 12" Subwoofer in our 2022 255 FSH Sport E. It was quite a challenge but ultimately fit perfectly. I used Kilmat to help prevent unwanted rattle/vibration. I installed the speaker from the backside and installed a Grill and LED Light Ring on the front secured with stainless 3" bolts and marine locking nuts. I had to trim the top and bottom of the LED ring to get it to fit flush. I hope it sounds great! The Sub will be powered by a HTX-1 (650Watts) from Wet Sounds. I've also added rear facing speakers, a REVO8 pair with a JL Audio MV600/2i to power these for the party being towed behind the boat. I replaced the front and tower speakers with Revo 6.5's and I changed the Center Console speakers to the 8" REVO8 speakers. I'll send more photos as I make progress. I also installed a WS-MC-20 in the helm and have a full size full function WS-G2-CTR controller in the transom.
Do you have pictures of the speakers in the back after you installed them?

Nick255FSH

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Happy New Year!

I finally upgraded the sound on my 255 that I took ownership of back in mid July. A huge THANK YOU to Zack. New Kicker KMC5 with Remote KRC12 installed with a SKAR marine 1000W Amp. I did relocate the 12v charger below in the back of the little cubby area where the key ignition is. The mp3 plugin is secured within the console as I will not be using it . I used the stinger marine grade 4 gauge wire that includes an 80 amp fuse. Staying with Stinger, I used 2 pairs of the marine grade RCA cables feeding the front and rear. I installed a 12 fuse distribution block so I could power the head unit. I utilized the 8 gauge power and ground wires from the wet sounds amp to power the new block. I used dielectric grease to prevent corrosion. I installed ferrules on the ends of the speaker wire, power & ground wire and remote wire going into the amp. The speakers were upgraded to Skar 6.5 for the bow and tower. The console were replaced with Skar 8s. Now for some tuning and she is ready to go.

The only little issue I am running into is now when I turn on the house battery, the head unit automatically turns on. From what I am researching I need to connect the orange "dimmer" line from the head unit.

Attachments

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Happy New Year!

I finally upgraded the sound on my 255 that I took ownership of back in mid July. A huge THANK YOU to Zack. New Kicker KMC5 with Remote KRC12 installed with a SKAR marine 1000W Amp. I did relocate the 12v charger below in the back of the little cubby area where the key ignition is. The mp3 plugin is secured within the console as I will not be using it . I used the stinger marine grade 4 gauge wire that includes an 80 amp fuse. Staying with Stinger, I used 2 pairs of the marine grade RCA cables feeding the front and rear. I installed a 12 fuse distribution block so I could power the head unit. I utilized the 8 gauge power and ground wires from the wet sounds amp to power the new block. I used dielectric grease to prevent corrosion. I installed ferrules on the ends of the speaker wire, power & ground wire and remote wire going into the amp. The speakers were upgraded to Skar 6.5 for the bow and tower. The console were replaced with Skar 8s. Now for some tuning and she is ready to go.

The only little issue I am running into is now when I turn on the house battery, the head unit automatically turns on. From what I am researching I need to connect the orange "dimmer" line from the head unit.
Love the boat name!

Bjensen24

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Zach, had a question and you’re the only person I can think of that might be able to help. Do you know the diameter of the tubing for our rocket launchers on the t-top? I’m thinking about buying some extra rod holders to attach kinda offset in between the welded ones trying anything to make more space for this Bahamas trip we are doing in may. My boat is at the dealer or I would just measure lol. 8C87E4A6-40C1-4F19-8AAE-1467540C9B82.png

pariseng

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Happy New Year!

Did you find yourself having to cut bigger holes to fit the Skar speakers in the bow and tower?

Bjensen24

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did you find yourself having to cut bigger holes to fit the Skar speakers in the bow and tower?
I ended up sending my skar speakers back. I would have had to cut larger holes and I personally want to eventually change all my speakers to the jl m series. So I had found some factory refurb wet sounds revo 6 and just used them even the original screw holes lined up. Basically I figured if I made the holes larger I would be stuck cause only the skar 6.5 are bigger than the rest.