• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Abacos 2019

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I went on Phil Foster Park website and does seems like they have a 24 hour maximum
It doesn’t seem like there’s many options down there for parking with a trailer for a week
Park in ft Lauderdale Harbor Town Marina if you can. That’s what the Bimini trip folks do.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Park in ft Lauderdale Harbor Town Marina if you can. That’s what the Bimini trip folks do.
That adds another 16 miles on the water I would just park at one of the marinas in West Palm there were several that offer it in West Palm. The only reason we didn’t was they were a little further from the inlet then Phil Foster.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Harbour Towne in Ft Lauderdale is a good place to park when you go to Bimini.
Going to Abacos, you are lengthening your distance quite a bit - which is OK if you make the loop around as @Amar Nanduri is doing.

If you are going to Abacos and back via the northern ruote (most used), then you really want to leave from West Palm Beach.
I parked at Lake Park Marina and it was OK. They are expensive ($25/night) and claim to have security on site, but while I was launching and packing all our stuff in the boat - we were there for about 2 hours - I never saw any security, so for not actually having security, it is quite expensive. I haven't found any other place to park though.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
That adds another 16 miles on the water I would just park at one of the marinas in West Palm there were several that offer it in West Palm. The only reason we didn’t was they were a little further from the inlet then Phil Foster.
I was thinking more about parking in Ft Lauderdale, boat to west palm fuel up and then hit Abacos from there.

Gadiel

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That sounds good but it would probably add 4+ hours to the trip

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
That sounds good but it would probably add 4+ hours to the trip
Hmmm. The Formula is in Miami. It looks like we need to at least go to Ft Lauderdale, fuel up and hit the west end from there, as it doesn’t make sense to go all the way to west palm beach and then go for the west end.

Gadiel

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
👋 hey guys any recommendations on hotels with marina in West Palm Beach? Kind of like bahía mar in Fort Lauderdale??

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
👋 hey guys any recommendations on hotels with marina in West Palm Beach? Kind of like bahía mar in Fort Lauderdale??
I think sail fish marina has a motel but not 100% of the quality or really anything about it to be honest. Palm Harbor is right down town you could probably find a hotel with in walking distance.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Has anyone done a crossing from Berry Islands to Freeport ? Right now we are considering whether to skip Bimini on the way back and go straight to Freeport. That way we can plan to start at west Palm Beach and end back there like a closed loop.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri I have not done it or read about it as it is a somewhat unusual route. However, the YouTube channel Searching for C-Shels did it in one of their episodes. They had engine problems that couldn't be diagnosed in the Berry Islands, so they limped straight to Freeport on one engine. It's actually closer than Bimini, but you're running in 3,500' deep water.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Thank you @Berrie for the info. It is an unusual route for sure. The depth is not an issue. I will check out the video. Thanks.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri The video does not actually show them doing the trip, just what led up to it, and arrival in Freeport.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Amar Nanduri I have not done it or read about it as it is a somewhat unusual route. However, the YouTube channel Searching for C-Shels did it in one of their episodes. They had engine problems that couldn't be diagnosed in the Berry Islands, so they limped straight to Freeport on one engine. It's actually closer than Bimini, but you're running in 3,500' deep water.
that couple should rename their channel to " Searching for Murphy"

jayasaki138

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautic Star
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

jayasaki138

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautic Star
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Very interested in this trip. Like the closed loop idea. Actually went to Freeport by cruise ship last year. Are you still taking members?

ididntdoit

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hmmm. The Formula is in Miami. It looks like we need to at least go to Ft Lauderdale, fuel up and hit the west end from there, as it doesn’t make sense to go all the way to west palm beach and then go for the west end.
Don't forget - you'll get the "push" of the stream to help you running north even in a fast boat - leaving from Miami or PE on a calm day and running with the stream can be a good thing

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Sorry, my bad, didn't realize this was a closed (group of guys) trip. Have fun and enjoy.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry, my bad, didn't realize this was a closed (group of guys) trip. Have fun and enjoy.
I don’t think it’s a closed group there are just two different groups going I could be wrong though as I’m not a member of either group.