• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Actual fuel capacity 222 FSH Sport

Cajun Bill

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
You may have noticed that Yamaha advertises the fuel capacity to be 75 gallons. But, I was disappointed to see that the owner's manual and the label on the tank itself states that its capacity is only 70 gallons.

Since I decided to add a couple of Garmin GFS 10 fuel flow sensors, I deliberately ran the boat out of gas. When topping it off, I was able to get 73.7 gallons into the boat.

That’s interesting … did the fuel used line in the connext screen agree with the Garmin GFS 10 flow sensors?

In my 210 FSH, the literature said 50 gallons but the manual states 52 gallons. I ran mine down very low one time, so low that when idling at the dock the starboard engine cut off and I put it on the trailer with the port engine. The starboard started again when it was on the trailer. If memory serves, I believe I put 51.9 gallons in it at the fuel station .

With a full tank, my 210FSH would indicate 10 gallons burned on the Connext and still read 100% fuel load. The Connect fuel burned was usually close to what it took to refill.

The Yamaha MFD & the Garmin are currently showing slightly different flow and consumption rates. So, when I eventually fill up, I'll compare the actual intake with the gauges. If the Garmin is off, I'll be able to enter a correction to calibrate it.

The Yamaha MFD & the Garmin are currently showing slightly different flow and consumption rates. So, when I eventually fill up, I'll compare the actual intake with the gauges. If the Garmin is off, I'll be able to enter a correction to calibrate it.
How do you have the Garmin tracking fuel consumption?

I have a Garmin 8612xsv with a NEMA2000 network. The network provides connectivity with other devices including two GFS 10 fuel flow sensors that I installed in the fuel line between the tank and the engines. This photo gives you an idea of what kind of info is available. I like the continuous range in miles based upon the fuel onboard and the instantaneous mpg. Garmin dash.jpg

I have a Garmin 8612xsv with a NEMA2000 network. The network provides connectivity with other devices including two GFS 10 fuel flow sensors that I installed in the fuel line between the tank and the engines. This photo gives you an idea of what kind of info is available. I like the continuous range in miles based upon the fuel onboard and the instantaneous mpg. View attachment 223421

Thats pretty darn slick! I love the fact the Garmin is constantly updating the remains fuel range, do you have a reserve built into that number or is it range until empty?

For the audience at home, I believe the stock Yamaha system uses injector pulses to calculate fuel used / GPH, whereas the Garmin system is using inline flow meters.

I'm going to think of it as actual remaining. But, I input that the tank holds 70 gals. Like I mentioned, the useable amount is 73.7. So, there's a 3.7 gal reserve. I suspect that Yamaha fuel gauge has about the same amount in reserve after it shows 0%.

I should add that I think that this upgrade will easily pay for itself. While running, I find myself naturally wanting to optimize the cruise speed based on MPG and estimated range.

That is very nice. I have the 8610xsv on my 210 fsh. That’s really tempting but we’re also looking at 255’s so probably going to have to do that in the next boat! I love all the NEMA2k connectivity options.

Back