• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Adding a Bilge Pump to a Seadoo Jetski

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, my buddy bought two of the massive adventure style Seadoo jetskis. He is currently doing the entire Columbia river (in sections) and eventually wats to do the Inside Passage from Seattle or Vancouver to Alaska.

His skis did not come with bilge pumps and he wants to add them. What configuration would you all recommend and are to partial to an particular pump. I'm going to meet with him later this week to go over a plan and then help him install them once he orders all the parts.

I appreciate your help.

ripler

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sea Doo sells bilge pump kits for their PWCs, if it were me that's what I'd use.

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I added an auto bilge to my rxp-x with an aluminum outlet very easy the outlet was on the rear of the ski, go to academy sports and buy a 500- 800 gpa bilge and order the outlet from Ada racing

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Adding a second battery would be helpful as well.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If he was going to install a bilge It would be worthwhile to also rig a high water alarm,

If you blew a cooling hose while running fast, it's filling up the bilge, the bilge is pumping but you oblivious because you can't see or notice the water coming out the outlet,

at least with an alarm either audible or a simple led rigged into the dash you've got some notification it's working,

jocolo21

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
If he was going to install a bilge It would be worthwhile to also rig a high water alarm,

If you blew a cooling hose while running fast, it's filling up the bilge, the bilge is pumping but you oblivious because you can't see or notice the water coming out the outlet,

at least with an alarm either audible or a simple led rigged into the dash you've got some notification it's working,
Seadoos cooling is self contained, like a radiator, you won't hear a high water alarm unless the ski was off .